R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #7081
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
am running SP GT2.0 on my 12th on 1S batt.
is there a new FW that would work really well with V3 SP 4.0T motor? base set-up would be greatly appreciated

currently running 508MOD FW but am having ESC thermal at end of 8 min run. If i tone down timing (DMTS) to get cozy temps after 8-min run, i feel its too slow down the straight.
Already released the new software....unload the 528mod and run the new 119mod. Sorry, no setting for that cause indoor carpet is over here....325 foot 1/8th outdoor track for mod on road is the way to go now....

Let us know if you find a good setup...and I can post of SP site.

P.S...1 piece of advise, when running 12th scale....turn off lipo cutoff and turn off thermal..............I never use any of these setting, I just don't like any FALSE alert that could cause me the race...especially the 8 mins main...you are running the lipo and esc down....who cares about the thermal cutoff warning..?
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #7082
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rome - Italy
Posts: 273
Default

Hi Solara, do you have a good starting point for 119mod firmware on touring cars?

I'm currently running a 6.5 Turns SP v3 on a GT2.1 prostock esc.

Thanks!
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #7083
Tech Addict
 
4wheeldrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Woodstick Ga.
Posts: 688
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I have a 13.5 V3 and the sensor wire port moves a bit too freely. If I connect the sensor wire the tension of that wire will actually move the sensor board. Is there a way to keep the sensor board in place? I have seen the video on the Speed Passion site that shows how to take the motor apart and mine does in fact have the two rubber gaskets/grommets. Not sure how to keep the sensor board from moving on its own.
4wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #7084
Tech Adept
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive View Post
I have a 13.5 V3 and the sensor wire port moves a bit too freely. If I connect the sensor wire the tension of that wire will actually move the sensor board. Is there a way to keep the sensor board in place? I have seen the video on the Speed Passion site that shows how to take the motor apart and mine does in fact have the two rubber gaskets/grommets. Not sure how to keep the sensor board from moving on its own.
I had a similar issue, I simply cut out a thin piece of cardboard and placed it between the sensor board and rear housing, to make a snug fit. Worked perfectly.

Regards

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #7085
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Already released the new software....unload the 528mod and run the new 119mod. Sorry, no setting for that cause indoor carpet is over here....325 foot 1/8th outdoor track for mod on road is the way to go now....

Let us know if you find a good setup...and I can post of SP site.

P.S...1 piece of advise, when running 12th scale....turn off lipo cutoff and turn off thermal..............I never use any of these setting, I just don't like any FALSE alert that could cause me the race...especially the 8 mins main...you are running the lipo and esc down....who cares about the thermal cutoff warning..?
thanks for the advise...
i'll test the 119, if i can run it fast in 8-min and i can still place my finger on the ESC heatsink after the run , i'll post my set-up.

thanks again...
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #7086
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel p View Post
wat is your f.. problem?only reacting on me! got a problem with me?
just joking around. we now the tekin guy so!
Not yet, only if you are faster then me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel p View Post
and my speedpasion is faster as your hobbything! lol
That would be really strange you know...
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #7087
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
Hi Solara, do you have a good starting point for 119mod firmware on touring cars?

I'm currently running a 6.5 Turns SP v3 on a GT2.1 prostock esc.

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't...but I would guess this is a good starting point. (Depends on the size of track...)

5* (middle) timing on 6.5 V3 motor, should use silver purple rotor RM13802NA
FDR 7.0~7.5
DRRS Level 7 or 8
Boost Timing = 16*
Slope = 18*/0.1s
SC Timing = 10*
Boost start RPM = 8000
Delay (depends on track length) = 0.2s or more...
Boost Timing Acc = 500rpm/degree (just a guess...)

Give that a try...if it is good, come back and let us know...and I will post it on SP website...thanks.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #7088
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rome - Italy
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Sorry, I don't...but I would guess this is a good starting point. (Depends on the size of track...)

5* (middle) timing on 6.5 V3 motor, should use silver purple rotor RM13802NA
FDR 7.0~7.5
DRRS Level 7 or 8
Boost Timing = 16*
Slope = 18*/0.1s
SC Timing = 10*
Boost start RPM = 8000
Delay (depends on track length) = 0.2s or more...
Boost Timing Acc = 500rpm/degree (just a guess...)

Give that a try...if it is good, come back and let us know...and I will post it on SP website...thanks.
Thanks, I'll try your suggestions this sunday

BTW what's the difference between stock rotor and RM13802NA?
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #7089
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive View Post
I have a 13.5 V3 and the sensor wire port moves a bit too freely. If I connect the sensor wire the tension of that wire will actually move the sensor board. Is there a way to keep the sensor board in place? I have seen the video on the Speed Passion site that shows how to take the motor apart and mine does in fact have the two rubber gaskets/grommets. Not sure how to keep the sensor board from moving on its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
I had a similar issue, I simply cut out a thin piece of cardboard and placed it between the sensor board and rear housing, to make a snug fit. Worked perfectly.

Regards

Neal
You need a new sensor holding unit like this one...

__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #7090
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
Thanks, I'll try your suggestions this sunday

BTW what's the difference between stock rotor and RM13802NA?
I would only recommand the silver purple rotor IF your track is big enough...I don't want to go to the detail, all I know is....FASTER (when I used it on large outdoor track).
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #7091
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i have tried my SP6.5 with the new stock timing on a large open track and it is SOOOOOOOO quick , i will do some more tesing this weekend and report back

great softwere
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #7092
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i have tried my SP6.5 with the new stock timing on a large open track and it is SOOOOOOOO quick , i will do some more tesing this weekend and report back

great softwere
If it is any good...please share your setup with us, thanks.
I too would love to use BOOST and slower motor and compare with the straight software (no boost/sc) with 4.0T motor...my guess is, boost 6.5 is just as fast as 4.0T but with better low-end (infield) performance then 4.0T.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #7093
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
If it is any good...please share your setup with us, thanks.
I too would love to use BOOST and slower motor and compare with the straight software (no boost/sc) with 4.0T motor...my guess is, boost 6.5 is just as fast as 4.0T but with better low-end (infield) performance then 4.0T.
ok heres my starting softwere
6.5SPv3 middle timing
drag brake 20%
DDRS lvl 3(low grip dusty track)
boost timing 36 degrees
Turbo open time 6degree/0.1sec
turbo 15 dergees
boost start rpm 10,000
turbo open delay 0.4sec
boost timing acc 500rpm/deg
Gearing 7.2
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #7094
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rome - Italy
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I would only recommand the silver purple rotor IF your track is big enough...I don't want to go to the detail, all I know is....FASTER (when I used it on large outdoor track).
Well my track isn't really big, the main straight is about 35m, but on race day it's sprayed with sugar so traction is always medium/high... I'll give that a try. Thank you!
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #7095
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
Well my track isn't really big, the main straight is about 35m, but on race day it's sprayed with sugar so traction is always medium/high... I'll give that a try. Thank you!
Infact, you should try the ABOVE testing...he too running 6.5 but with 323STOCK...even faster then 119mod.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Scott_T, SpeedySST
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0