R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #6856
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
On our next generation ESC, we will have that feature on the firmware...your request is forwarded to the HQ, thanks.

P.S...the feeling of push control vs the radio "sub-trim" setting it going forward is not the same..? I use the radio sub trim setting (set the motor roll forward) on my TC when racing 21.5 class to act as a rolling start(push) kinda effect...I would like to know what are the different between the 2. Thanks.
Hi Solara ,

The feel of the "Push control" is differant because it progressivly gets less , not like using the trim on your radio , with the 12th i like the feel of the progressive off throttle it gives , not just nothing when you close the throttle.

hope this helps a little in the 0 timing class i would like to try this so the car stops less in corners
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #6857
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Hi Solara ,

The feel of the "Push control" is differant because it progressivly gets less , not like using the trim on your radio , with the 12th i like the feel of the progressive off throttle it gives , not just nothing when you close the throttle.

hope this helps a little in the 0 timing class i would like to try this so the car stops less in corners
Thanks...and good to know. I really would like to hear about customer to tell us what they want and why they need that....

I am in the middle testing to drive the RC car with the IPad 2 with cams on....so far, not good. LOL. (The traditional way to drive RC is still the best)
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #6858
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks...and good to know. I really would like to hear about customer to tell us what they want and why they need that....

I am in the middle testing to drive the RC car with the IPad 2 with cams on....so far, not good. LOL. (The traditional way to drive RC is still the best)
haha that sounds like fun though , i did se a video of some guys racing an F1 car with a radio control on Youtube last year

As for feedback no problems , i would like to see a way of going from my timed speedo setting to 0 timing mode without using the programming box .

I have moved from Tekin speedos this year to Speed passion and so far i am loving it , the feel on the tekin was like a switch you would wait for the boost to come then everything would come , if you were too late on the throttle this would come in too late and you would over shoot the corner , if you were too early on the throttle you would run out of push before the end of the straight . the speed passion isnt like that the feel is great and it is easier to set up using the programming card
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #6859
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Just wondering if there are any distinct advantages to the 528 software over the 422 (cooler motor temps, more boost, anything like that?) or if it's just a personal preference thing. I just installed a GT 2.0 LPF and Trinity Nemesis 17.5 in my car this weekend, and it has the 422 software on it. have not had a chance to hit the track with it yet, but ran it about 8 minutes in the street. Felt great, stoopid fast, temped right at 150, but ambient air temps were only low to mid 80's. In less than 2 months we'll be close to 100 deg F here, so the cooler I can get it to run (and still make mad power) the better.
__________________
Who the ^&@$#()! Is Jason Branham!?
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #6860
Tech Master
 
TRXRACER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thanks...and good to know. I really would like to hear about customer to tell us what they want and why they need that....

I am in the middle testing to drive the RC car with the IPad 2 with cams on....so far, not good. LOL. (The traditional way to drive RC is still the best)
You are crazy Howard
TRXRACER99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #6861
Tech Master
 
TRXRACER99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,094
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Just wondering if there are any distinct advantages to the 528 software over the 422 (cooler motor temps, more boost, anything like that?) or if it's just a personal preference thing. I just installed a GT 2.0 LPF and Trinity Nemesis 17.5 in my car this weekend, and it has the 422 software on it. have not had a chance to hit the track with it yet, but ran it about 8 minutes in the street. Felt great, stoopid fast, temped right at 150, but ambient air temps were only low to mid 80's. In less than 2 months we'll be close to 100 deg F here, so the cooler I can get it to run (and still make mad power) the better.
Stock or Mod Softwear? Or what motor are you planning on running?
TRXRACER99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #6862
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
Default Comparison

Hi all,

I have a question which I'm hoping someone will be able to answer. Bare in mind that we do run on particularly large tracks over here compared to a lot of US tracks.
Last season I ran a 4.0T (sometimes 3.5T) SP V3 motor on a SP GT2.0 speedo with 422 stock software geared at 8.6 overall.
Settings I ran just about everywhere were as follows:
4.Start mode - level 5
9.Timing - 22.5
12.SC Boost - Level 4
13.SC RPM Delay - 12000
15.SC Punch - -4

Does anyone know what lastest firmware I could run and what settings to start out with to get the same basic performance as 422 so I got a starting point to run so I can then start playing and turning settings up to try.

Hope all this makes sense as I havn't got a clue what the latest firmware settings do or are meant to do as I dont really understand the settings exactly lol

Thanks in advance for your help

Russ
rc_jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #6863
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXRACER99 View Post
Stock or Mod Softwear? Or what motor are you planning on running?
422 Stock and trinity nemesis 17.5, thought that was in my previous post. Might run a 13.5 occasionally, but probably nothing llower in this car.
__________________
Who the ^&@$#()! Is Jason Branham!?
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #6864
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
On our next generation ESC, we will have that feature on the firmware...your request is forwarded to the HQ, thanks.

P.S...the feeling of push control vs the radio "sub-trim" setting it going forward is not the same..? I use the radio sub trim setting (set the motor roll forward) on my TC when racing 21.5 class to act as a rolling start(push) kinda effect...I would like to know what are the different between the 2. Thanks.
This one New ..

Push Control is Good idea.
feel like delay decrease throttle on radio
but radio sub-trim is easier on track feel, live adjustment.
but on radio will disturbed by the Drag Brake in esc, and will not effective.

Push Control is best way in esc.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #6865
Tech Fanatic
 
[[john]]'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Heres my ESC Settings for 21.5, running a SP V3.0 21.5 motor.

The motor temped @ 90*C after a 6 Minute heat.

FDR: ~5.8.

Software: V3.0_110211STOCK
  1. For/Brake
  2. 0%
  3. 3.0V/Cell
  4. Level 9
  5. 75%
  6. 25%
  7. 0%
  8. 6%
  9. 36
  10. 18
  11. Enable
  12. 30
  13. 3000
  14. 0.2sec
  15. 200
__________________
HyperRC

Xray XB2 DE // XB4 '16 // RACEOPT MTS Tē // CRC XTi
[[john]] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #6866
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Hi,

I've just picked up a gt2.1 pro stock and a d3 9.5T

What software should I load on the esc? Unsure whether I should be using the modified or stock software on a 9.5T motor.
Hi hoping someone could answer this please.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #6867
Tech Apprentice
 
SCTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 94
Default

Stock software is for 10.5 and up.
Tom
SCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #6868
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,491
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Hi hoping someone could answer this please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCTom View Post
Stock software is for 10.5 and up.
Tom
Once AGAIN,

There is nothing wrong with running "stock" software on a "mod" motor.

whatever gear your running on the Mod motor, when switching to stock softward, drop a few teeth on the pinion, and add timinging and boost slowly to get YOUR desired affect. a little common sense goes a long way.

check a few posts above, a guy is running stock software on a 4.0
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM   #6869
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,491
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
422 Stock and trinity nemesis 17.5, thought that was in my previous post. Might run a 13.5 occasionally, but probably nothing llower in this car.
lose the Nemesis. enough said.
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #6870
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hello, I have a GT2.0 LPF and havent updated it since.
I run a LRp x12 13.5 motor bu dont have much idea on which stock software to use, either 212, or 528 ? I cant seem to find the 422 software ...
I still dont have the programing card but im just asking as curiosity and knowledge.
Thanks
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0