R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #6841
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

which firmware should work best for 12th scale 1S.
am running SP V3 4.0T motor now...

esc settings would be nice...

t-i-a
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #6842
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Thanks, its weird I can turn the esc off then on and it works for a bit agian, it seems when the car gets bonked it does it.
Open up the end bell of the motor and reseat the sensor unit.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #6843
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
which firmware should work best for 12th scale 1S.
am running SP V3 4.0T motor now...

esc settings would be nice...

t-i-a
Mod motor usually use the 205g version.....1S or 2S, don't matters.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #6844
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Solara

Is there any chance of getting a "push control" like the Tekn has in the next update from SP ???

i liked it on the tekin in the 12th because it was like an anti brake and let the car roll more ???

cheeRS Phil
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #6845
Tech Addict

Has anyone had problems with savox servos and the Speed Passion GT2.0 ESC's? I'm not convinced the ESC has anything to do with the troubles people are having with Savox servos and Spektrum rx's. Any input? Some claim it is the BEC in the ESC, I think it is the Rx.
Banshee8530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #6846
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee8530 View Post
Has anyone had problems with savox servos and the Speed Passion GT2.0 ESC's? I'm not convinced the ESC has anything to do with the troubles people are having with Savox servos and Spektrum rx's. Any input? Some claim it is the BEC in the ESC, I think it is the Rx.
some claim the servo sucks to much voltage
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #6847
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi,

I've just picked up a gt2.1 pro stock and a d3 9.5T

What software should I load on the esc? Unsure whether I should be using the modified or stock software on a 9.5T motor.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #6848
Tech Addict

The voltage SHOULD be limited by the BEC... I stress should... twice. Most ESC's have a 3.0A current capability on the BEC regardless of the Voltage value, some are 5.5V, some 5.75V, some 6V. The one constant I see is the Spektrum RX. Not trying to bash Spektrum, just wondering if anyone can offer a good explanation to the problem... are some internal BEC's not limited on Current/AMPS? I know the Speed Passion literature says it is. Has anyone had this issue with a speed passion? Will the Rx's BEC curcuitry cause this?

curious.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #6849
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
The voltage SHOULD be limited by the BEC... I stress should... twice. Most ESC's have a 3.0A current capability on the BEC regardless of the Voltage value, some are 5.5V, some 5.75V, some 6V. The one constant I see is the Spektrum RX. Not trying to bash Spektrum, just wondering if anyone can offer a good explanation to the problem... are some internal BEC's not limited on Current/AMPS? I know the Speed Passion literature says it is. Has anyone had this issue with a speed passion? Will the Rx's BEC curcuitry cause this?

curious.
The output voltage from the ESC is regulated to 5.75 or 6 depending on model. The voltage should not drop unless there is more then the 3As being drawn from the BEC at the given moment. Running a nice big capacitor on the RX'er end (also known as a glitch buster) will help the BEC keep a constant output voltage, for when the servo needs alot of power.

Rx'ers, dont have BEC's.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #6850
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I am running a Savox and a GT2.0pro without any problems ,

Its not a voltage thing it is Amps the servo wants to pull
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #6851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I'd figure I'll ask my question here i have the Speed Passion Short Course Master ESC Sensored...can you use another motor with this ESC?..I've read that this ESC doesn't work with other motors...is this true? i was looking into running a 17.5 sensored motor with it..anybody that has any experience with it or any info on what motors will work..would be really appreciated..
Kyosho RT5
YOKOMO B-MAX4 III
tedstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #6852
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Hey Solara

Is there any chance of getting a "push control" like the Tekn has in the next update from SP ???

i liked it on the tekin in the 12th because it was like an anti brake and let the car roll more ???

cheeRS Phil
On our next generation ESC, we will have that feature on the firmware...your request is forwarded to the HQ, thanks.

P.S...the feeling of push control vs the radio "sub-trim" setting it going forward is not the same..? I use the radio sub trim setting (set the motor roll forward) on my TC when racing 21.5 class to act as a rolling start(push) kinda effect...I would like to know what are the different between the 2. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #6853
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstryker View Post
I'd figure I'll ask my question here i have the Speed Passion Short Course Master ESC Sensored...can you use another motor with this ESC?..I've read that this ESC doesn't work with other motors...is this true? i was looking into running a 17.5 sensored motor with it..anybody that has any experience with it or any info on what motors will work..would be really appreciated..
The original/early batch of the SCM dated like a year ago can only limited to SP motors and Trinity motors. If you purchased your SCM unit like October last year and later should be able to use all motors. However, if your unit is purchased used, then it cannot be tell....see you can borrow a motor and give that a try.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #6854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
The original/early batch of the SCM dated like a year ago can only limited to SP motors and Trinity motors. If you purchased your SCM unit like October last year and later should be able to use all motors. However, if your unit is purchased used, then it cannot be tell....see you can borrow a motor and give that a try.
just checked my purchase order 10/25/10 looks like I'm good to go with any motor...

thank you ...
Kyosho RT5
YOKOMO B-MAX4 III
tedstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #6855
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
The output voltage from the ESC is regulated to 5.75 or 6 depending on model. The voltage should not drop unless there is more then the 3As being drawn from the BEC at the given moment. Running a nice big capacitor on the RX'er end (also known as a glitch buster) will help the BEC keep a constant output voltage, for when the servo needs alot of power.

Rx'ers, dont have BEC's.
Isn't the bus bar in Rx's designed to allow power to come to the Rx through any servo port? I thought that was BEC circuitry... otherwise we would have two Rx leads on every esc, one for signal and one for power. That's what I was getting at, I know Rx's don't have a literal BEC, but they do have the bus bar to allow it to work. Not trying to be snotty, just clarifying.