Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
We are very disappointed, as now we found Speed Power 5300 45C 7.4V
is not 2S1P, instead it was 2S2P,

This is also not showed on the boxed no badge about what's in,
This ROAR APPROVED Lipo is failed to be transparent to customer.

as the case is not transparent, and no label on its HardCase,

this is know, as the Hard Case is Pop Up, uncased accidentally like shell,
and we saw it from the side it was, 4Layer inside, so for 7.4V we made conclusion it is 2S2P,

the 2S2P also cause bad in Balancing The Lipo.

we hope Speed Power Pay attention about this.
Thank's
Man, too bad we don't have 2S2P LOG software for all the Speed Power lipo....too bad.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #6812
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ran my GT2.1 with a SP 21.5 V3 - By the last final, I had the ESC set-up awesomely thanks to a Racer who made his way down from HK.

I can't post the set-up until I have an LCD program box, as we updated my ESC & Programmed with his.

I was running a 5.8 FDR though.

Over-all finished 7th or 8th in the A's ( I really can't recall the position). I now can't wait for the State Titles in a week!

Xray XB2 DE // XB4 '16 // RACEOPT MTS Tē // CRC XTi
[[john]] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #6813
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
you must also flash the software to the esc twice
What does "flash" mean?

I am still have issues trying to get this work. I can get the ESC to work with the profile - noturbo and v1 mod which also has no SC modes.

All V2 profiles such as the 528 and 212 will not work - all i get is "please update software" on the LCD programmer.

I have 1.35 firmware from Speedpassion site and am using this. How can I remove all the current software from the ESC and programmer to start again? Unfortunately the guy who gave me this ESC and programmer didnt have any instructions with it so I have been searching the net but very little of it make sense, it just says put this software on (which is all well and good but how?)

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.
my4ari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #6814
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4ari View Post
What does "flash" mean?

I am still have issues trying to get this work. I can get the ESC to work with the profile - noturbo and v1 mod which also has no SC modes.

All V2 profiles such as the 528 and 212 will not work - all i get is "please update software" on the LCD programmer.

I have 1.35 firmware from Speedpassion site and am using this. How can I remove all the current software from the ESC and programmer to start again? Unfortunately the guy who gave me this ESC and programmer didnt have any instructions with it so I have been searching the net but very little of it make sense, it just says put this software on (which is all well and good but how?)

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.
flash means to put the software on the esc you have to do this twice and if you still have problems remove the whole program from your pc and try again what operating system are you using
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #6815
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
flash means to put the software on the esc you have to do this twice and if you still have problems remove the whole program from your pc and try again what operating system are you using
YES!!!

I got it to work finally.

I deleted all the Speed Passion firmware from my computer and installed the hobbywing version and did an upgrade on that. Then installed the profiles and first time - it worked perfectly.

Thanks everyone for all your help.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #6816
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
YES!!!

I got it to work finally.

I deleted all the Speed Passion firmware from my computer and installed the hobbywing version and did an upgrade on that. Then installed the profiles and first time - it worked perfectly.

Thanks everyone for all your help.
Just want to be sure. You installed the HW software onto your PC, then flashed/upgraded to the HW software on your programmer? Interested, because I have a HW LCD Advanced programmer, but I only have the old LED box for my Speedpassions. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #6817
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtamu View Post
Just want to be sure. You installed the HW software onto your PC, then flashed/upgraded to the HW software on your programmer? Interested, because I have a HW LCD Advanced programmer, but I only have the old LED box for my Speedpassions. Thanks.
Yes thats correct. I could not get any of the profiles to work using the Speed Passion software for the programmer, the ESC kept coming up with please upgrade software. So i tried the Hobbywing version, did the upgrade and installed the profiles - worked first time - and every time since.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #6818
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Awesome, thanks. My missing power cap should have been delivered today, so I guess we know what I'm doing thks evening. Wife will no doubt be pleased lol.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #6819
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes thats correct. I could not get any of the profiles to work using the Speed Passion software for the programmer, the ESC kept coming up with please upgrade software. So i tried the Hobbywing version, did the upgrade and installed the profiles - worked first time - and every time since.
Im guessing this is Scott.

I had the same "please update software" problem 2 weeks ago and it basically means you have to update the LCD box before the new software will pass on to the esc. Once the LCD box has been updated the software update will then work with the esc. The way to do this is when you open the USB/LCD/PC Interface on the top left corner of the box it has File, device and help. Go into Device and click on LCD program unit. You will then be able to update the LCD program box and then after that is done the new software updates will work. The reason you didn't need to update the LCD box with the Hobbywing setup is that Speed passion have released the new #01212stock profiles as of late January. Check here for updates, http://www.speedpassion.net/en/download.asp.

Hope this helps.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #6820
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Man, too bad we don't have 2S2P LOG software for all the Speed Power lipo....too bad.
GEEBUS: I head to the UK for a week and this madness pops up...
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #6821
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
GEEBUS: I head to the UK for a week and this madness pops up...
Please control the situation....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #6822
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just wondering if the GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC will work in the losi ten-scte with a 4.5 550 motor? My buddy has used it all last year in his hyper 10 sc with a novak 4.5 550, and worked perfect. Thanks.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:10 AM   #6823
Tech Regular

i need to get more torque out of corners from a 13.5t SP V3 ,what side should i keep the timing sensor at the back of the motor?
thanx
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #6824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are you running timing ???

i would always leave the timing on the motor at 10 degrees this really brings the motor alive

if your running a timable speedo move your boost start higher , or run a smaller pinion
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #6825
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Just wondering if the GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC will work in the losi ten-scte with a 4.5 550 motor? My buddy has used it all last year in his hyper 10 sc with a novak 4.5 550, and worked perfect. Thanks.
Would not work in mine. Would keep going into throttle signal loss mode and cut power in half every time I would hit full throttle. Good esc just not meant for the scte.
2014 F.E.D.S. Mod Sprint and Sportsman Late Model Champion
2013 FSERA World GT State Champion
shadowracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote