Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
My LPF 2.0 ESC is acting strange.

When i first turn it on and pull the trigger the first time on the track it RIPS!, front tires off the ground and all.
After that its like the battery is dead. It runs ok but lacks speed, won't get over the triple and seems like timing/boost is gone like i unplugged the sensor cable.
Every once in a while the boost will kick in and send me rocketing down the track.

I have done a bunch of things to it to eliminate outside problems.
Changed sensor wire from a vehicle that was working correctly
Changed motor
Adjusted settings moving boost and timing up and down.
I eliminated the LVC to none in the ESC.
I reset the ESC to the Controller after every different setting.

Any Tips on what to do next?
have you test with no load, and set the superCharge to the lowest timi, best to test is using V2.0_100528Stock firmware and set SuperCharge to Level 1,
and During full Charged Battery then with Sensor wire(harness) , Noload, test your max RPM, by doing Full Throotle, over 0.8Seconds until the SuperCharge activited, (try Listen)
after doin that, try to unplug the sensor ( this only can be done with HW and SP ESC ) without turning your switch off test it on full throotle for about 0.8second, You will hear The difference sound lower rpm, when no load.
If that's happen then No Problem with your Sensor,and, esc.
But if your motor get Heat to early, youd probably melt your Motor Wind.
If not to early
then after those steps you need to test it with underload with Sensor wire harness ( test Run),
if you feel your low down, the The most cases is you have been damaged your Battery.

Good Luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
#1.....you do what you like, but you cannot tell others to do what you like..

#2...what is 1224stock? Where is it..?

#3 Again, you need to keep your eye open...this is Speed Passion thread, not HobbyWing thread....

#4...when ppl say 1212, everyone here know exactly what they are talking about, except you.....apparently.

#5...have you buy your Speed Passion ESC and upload the 1212 software and give that a try yet? Or you are still trying to find out more information before you are going to start thinking about buying SP products...? You have been asking tons of question for the past year and still have not tried any SP stuff, when are you going to start...? Until SP has the RPM log developed? Really...?
Dont worry solara, were using it since the first one,
and we are here helping new user to SP and HW.
But most of them already on with GM and tekin, which would like to try also with SP and HW.
So here Both are recomended, while We always introduce SP first, since it's HW crossover anyway.
All my question will benefit on both side. Remember, on this thread i am not take any sides.
But because i already using brushless since about 10 years ago, i think ....
SP and HW Driver deserve to have TACHO on their CARS!. Would that be great?
Infact GM already Does the RPM Log, and Novak is following, with Curved graphics adjustment and Temp Log,
so Why arent WE?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
Infact GM already Does the RPM Log, and Novak is following, with Curved graphics adjustment and Temp Log,
so Why arent WE?
Look, every other day its RPM log, RPM log, RPM log... If other brands have the feature and it is something YOU MUST HAVE, then why not use their product? You also make repeated statements about getting info from the SW engineer responsible for the SP & HW ESC, so why not just ask the source when he plans to implement the feature.

Funny how those of us that race are not repeating this RPM LOG chant with you. I can adjust ESC settings, change gearing, change my cars setup and get feedback from the only logging system that really matters: THE AMB TIMING SYSTEM. Add an instrument grade temperature gun, and I have all the data I need to dial in my car.

I'm sure the above comes off as harsh, but seeing the same thing over and over again for months is just plain getting OLD. Your feature request is obviously known in both the SP & HW threads. If / when the powers that be at either company decides that they will have this feature, I'm sure they will post the info for everyone to know.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Last edited by g12314; 02-07-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: double post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Thanks Solara - I mistakenly bought a 4.5 1S, thinking it would be softer than a 5.0. But its got way too much grunt for out crappy outdoor tracks in 12th scale.
I will give it a run in the TC. Anything special to take into consideration in a 2S application?
Nope...it works just like the 2S or any other 4.5 motor...just make sure your brake is working cause 4.5T motor is FAST....good luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by irgo
Dont worry solara, were using it since the first one,
and we are here helping new user to SP and HW.
But most of them already on with GM and tekin, which would like to try also with SP and HW.
So here Both are recomended, while We always introduce SP first, since it's HW crossover anyway.
All my question will benefit on both side. Remember, on this thread i am not take any sides.
so Why arent WE?
We are back to back World Champion, why aren't THEY?

Please don't be a "Bridge" between Speed Passion and other brands...you don't have to do that. Really....and probably none of the mfr needed you to forward these internet information from 1 brand to the others....

These mfr developed their own "stuff" way ahead of what you can think of...

Again...no RPM LOG, period, not going to happen...not from Speed Passion, for now....
Old 02-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got it fixed. Reflashed the firmware and it works again.

Thanks for the feedback solara
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314

I can adjust ESC settings, change gearing, change my cars setup and get feedback from the only logging system that really matters: THE AMB TIMING SYSTEM. Add an instrument grade temperature gun, and I have all the data I need to dial in my car.

thats just crazy talk.

I need SP to include a data log in the software so I can find the right amount of wire to use plug the battery in. with out that, I have no way of knowing if the plug should go to the front of the car or the rear.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For 1/12th mod with the 3.5 turn v3 motor, can someone suggest what 1S rotor should be used ?

Originally Posted by jarkko
The reason for the high temp of our V2.1 EX ESC may also be in the gearing which was a little bit on the long side at 32,8 mm.

But still I am wondering which element is the most likely cause in mod 1/12TH for high temp at ESC, punch or timing setting at ESC or gearing or something else.

Motor temp was normal and too long gearing would mainly heat the motor, I guess.

Aside from the temp cutting the SP V2.1 EX + SP v3.0 1-cell 3.5T combination was just great to drive and very fast compared with the 3 other nationals A-finalists that were also there. Just need to be able to continue to the 8 minute mark.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 02-07-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TEN-SCTE motor

I asked the same question in the TEN-SCTE thread, but it seems they can't answer the question over there. So, I try here again. Maybe a better place to ask this question.

What Speed Passion motor would be good for the Losi TEN-SCTE? The TEN-SCTE is quite heavy and therefore a 550 motor is recommended by Losi. I was wondering if a Speed Passion Cirtix 4000 kv is any good in this car. If I would buy this car, I would use a 2S lipo.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
Got it fixed. Reflashed the firmware and it works again.

Thanks for the feedback solara
Glad that work...and glad to help...good luck.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by m_podt
I asked the same question in the TEN-SCTE thread, but it seems they can't answer the question over there. So, I try here again. Maybe a better place to ask this question.

What Speed Passion motor would be good for the Losi TEN-SCTE? The TEN-SCTE is quite heavy and therefore a 550 motor is recommended by Losi. I was wondering if a Speed Passion Cirtix 4000 kv is any good in this car. If I would buy this car, I would use a 2S lipo.
The 1/8th Cirtix Slotless or the 1/10th Cirtix slotless will work....for 2S power, you should use the Speed Passion GT2 PRO speed control.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
The 1/8th Cirtix Slotless or the 1/10th Cirtix slotless will work....for 2S power, you should use the Speed Passion GT2 PRO speed control.
Ok, thanks for a very fast answer! I still have a 1/8 Hobbywing Xerun ESC lying around and planned to use that one.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry, double post. Something went wrong on my phone...

Last edited by m_podt; 02-07-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: double post
Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

do you guys now where i can find setups for my gt2.1 with 13.5t in a
2wd offroad buggy.
thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.