Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
my question never got answered what profile good to run on the lcd and what profile good to get straight away speed and what to do to dwn load the profile off the website
I dont have the LCD, however if you advance your timing you will get more initial punch. If you want top end, try mid range timing, will give good punch and allow you get a good top end. From there look at gearing.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

does it really work that way?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
does it really work that way?
Yes, more timing more punch, but your motor will get hotter quicker. I cant answer the rest of your questions though as I dont have the LCD.
But look at your gearing before getting too wrapped up in profile settings, just find a basic setting that will get you around the track and play with settings form there.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

What i normally get is more speed with higher timing, and more punch with lower timing.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
What i normally get is more speed with higher timing, and more punch with lower timing.
You are correct. Adjusting the timming is like moving the "powerband". More timming is high powerband which is better for smaller pinions or open tracks. Less timing gives you a lower powerband which is better for larger pinions or smaller tracks.

I prefer max timing always and gearing accordingly. I find this gives a smoother feeling throttle and also allows the motor to wind more so you can still get good straight line speed with decent infield performance. My brother on the other hand prefers less timing and more gearing. It is more of a preference than anything else but that said I never lack straight line where as he sometimes does even with gearing.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Excuse me

Could somebody tell me when will release the coming soon Competition 3.0 motors and how many KV ratings in the stock motor series(9.5 - 21.5), please?

In fact i really wonder to use it without be disqualified in scrutineering, due our race rules is limited in motor KV and not in "motor turns" as usually happened in any country.

Best regards
Old 08-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what's a good FDR to start with a Competition V1.0 4.5 turn motor on a touring car? Currently running 8.63 but the motor gets hot up to 70 degrees celcius really quickly (within about 10 mins).

Can't really increase my FDR much more due to chassis constraints.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does any one know where to get a Speed Passion GT 1.1 Replacement Case for the ESC ? All i need is the replacement case. I contacted Schumacher but they stop answering my emails.

Is there any other Distributor in the US for these that carry replacement parts ?

-Andie
Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys

Do SP have a new firmware on the way for the 2.0 esc?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by radwerx
Can someone tell me what's a good FDR to start with a Competition V1.0 4.5 turn motor on a touring car? Currently running 8.63 but the motor gets hot up to 70 degrees celcius really quickly (within about 10 mins).

Can't really increase my FDR much more due to chassis constraints.
70C sounds good to me...BTW temp rise to 70C in 10 mins?!! That not so quick rise for me...I usually run in just a little over 5 mins and check the temp from there, I never run my car 10 mins straight.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyboby have some recommendations on timing, I have a 2.0 and a 10.5 in a 4wd buggy. Should I use more timing and less gear or more gear and less timing. The track is currently very loose.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can someone help me understastand the settings on the GT2.0. How dose the DRRS and the ATS work together. 2nd question I have a Punch setting on my DX3S is it a good thing to use with the GT2.0 since there are so many adjustments on the ESC (I get how it works 20% punch is 20% throttle as soon as you touch the trigger) and 3rd when going to a bigger/smaller track do you start with 0* timeing and get your gearing right then timeing or how to set up for a new track. Thank you in advance for all the help.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default Speed Passion 2.0 SALE

I have two speed passions for sale on ebay..i know this is a Speed passion thread so good luck..they are cheap..they are both 2.0 one is carbon and the other is blue..nothing wrong with them just going another route...thanks world...
Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dameetz
70C sounds good to me...BTW temp rise to 70C in 10 mins?!! That not so quick rise for me...I usually run in just a little over 5 mins and check the temp from there, I never run my car 10 mins straight.
Hmm. what are ur ambient and track temps like? Was also thinking if switching to ceramic bearings might help bring temps down a little.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
Can someone help me understastand the settings on the GT2.0. How dose the DRRS and the ATS work together. 2nd question I have a Punch setting on my DX3S is it a good thing to use with the GT2.0 since there are so many adjustments on the ESC (I get how it works 20% punch is 20% throttle as soon as you touch the trigger) and 3rd when going to a bigger/smaller track do you start with 0* timeing and get your gearing right then timeing or how to set up for a new track. Thank you in advance for all the help.
DRRS is like throttle delay, its kinda cool, I messed with in on my 2wd buggy and even driving it on wet ground, with a setting of 3, it would roll out for like a foot, then ramp up to full throttle.

ATS is your timing setting, the "ramp rate" isn't adjustable with the setting box, you just adjust the max timing you want, the best setting depends on what motor and type of racing you are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.