R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #6241
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would someone post their settings for 13.5 offroad with the current software... I'm running 205g and want to update to take advantage of the new software.

Thanks in advance, Rob.........
Old 12-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #6242
Tech Initiate

Hi !!!

Please someone can tell me where to get the software SpeedPassion528MOD

Thank you very much
Merry Christmas to all!
Ciro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #6243
Tech Addict

Rob, look back at page 54, post #5444 by Fred and print those two files. I think that is what we were trying to find at the house tonight. Ciro, download 1.33 file from Speedpassion website, it has the newer firmwares.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #6244
Tech Initiate

Hi Mopar !!!!

Thank you very very much
Ciro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #6245
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio

I have a GT2.0 Pro but I am going to race this next year on the stock light category, sensorless motors up to 2500Kv. I am going to run also a SP sport tuned V2.
The software on the speedo is fine, what I need now is a basic set up of it to start from, can you guys help?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #6246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
I have a GT2.0 Pro but I am going to race this next year on the stock light category, sensorless motors up to 2500Kv. I am going to run also a SP sport tuned V2.
The software on the speedo is fine, what I need now is a basic set up of it to start from, can you guys help?
Click on team esc setups on the speed passion site and you should be able to find one there.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #6247
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 303 (100%+)
Default anyone know whats wrong?

Hey guys,I have a touring car that I just finished installing my SP GT2.0 in.I used the usb cable to program the speedo and then I re-calibrated the speed control... like everyone recomends you do for better resaults.It was calibrated and when I gave it gas the wheels spun and steering was working.Then I shut it down and put the car on the shelf,today I try it and as soon as I open the switch ,the red light goes on and stays on.I can move the whells left and right but when I give it gas it does nothing and the light just stays constant red.I turn it off hold down the set up button to recalibrate but it does not react ,it just stays red with no response.Any one have a clue as to what it can be ,or what I can do to try again?thanks.
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-Showing up and paying entry fee alone is not :"supporting your track" Stop fooling yourselves - buying online kills local racing programs. If we trade lower feedback always ships first. It ain't over till fat lady sings - race till your told your done and quit complaining .
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #6248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
Hey guys,I have a touring car that I just finished installing my SP GT2.0 in.I used the usb cable to program the speedo and then I re-calibrated the speed control... like everyone recomends you do for better resaults.It was calibrated and when I gave it gas the wheels spun and steering was working.Then I shut it down and put the car on the shelf,today I try it and as soon as I open the switch ,the red light goes on and stays on.I can move the whells left and right but when I give it gas it does nothing and the light just stays constant red.I turn it off hold down the set up button to recalibrate but it does not react ,it just stays red with no response.Any one have a clue as to what it can be ,or what I can do to try again?thanks.
your supposed to flash the software twice not set it to the radio twice try that and see
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #6249
Tech Adept

Quote:
reset your transmitter brake and hi-point. start at the highset points (hi-point 150, brake 150) after the model is running then you can adjust the setting to your desire. if that doesn't work, then connect your esc and programming box to your pc/laptop and click update esc. you need have the esc powered up to do this. connect the esc to the programming box then connect the usb cable to the programming box.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #6250
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
your supposed to flash the software twice not set it to the radio twice try that and see
thanks for the reply,I will try again.
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-Showing up and paying entry fee alone is not :"supporting your track" Stop fooling yourselves - buying online kills local racing programs. If we trade lower feedback always ships first. It ain't over till fat lady sings - race till your told your done and quit complaining .
Old 12-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #6251
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr fit View Post
reset your transmitter brake and hi-point. start at the highset points (hi-point 150, brake 150) after the model is running then you can adjust the setting to your desire. if that doesn't work, then connect your esc and programming box to your pc/laptop and click update esc. you need have the esc powered up to do this. connect the esc to the programming box then connect the usb cable to the programming box.
got it,I will give it another go when I get home,thanks guys for the reply's.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #6252
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
got it,I will give it another go when I get home,thanks guys for the reply's.
you should set your epa and exp to 100% then adjust from there its even stated in the manual as such
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #6253
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
you should set your epa and exp to 100% then adjust from there its even stated in the manual as such
I had done that ,but was not aware that I had to do it twice ,for it to work.Thanks for pointing that out.I dont always pay attention and miss important details like that.My car goes on now and the tires rip when I pull the trigger.I cant wait till a couple of weeks from now when I actually get to go race the car, I appreciate it.Happy holidays and thanks again.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #6254
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

When doing calibration...the radio that you are using, must use their DEFAULT setting on throttle EPA....99% of the time are 100% on throttle EPA and Brake EPA (not 120% or 150% or 196%...).

Using the max EPA % to do the Speed Passion ESC calibrate (all SP ESC model) will get you no where but trouble. And please do not compare our setup process with the other brand ESC. We are different then they are.

This is stated on our instruction manual.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #6255
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
When doing calibration...the radio that you are using, must use their DEFAULT setting on throttle EPA....99% of the time are 100% on throttle EPA and Brake EPA (not 120% or 150% or 196%...).

Using the max EPA % to do the Speed Passion ESC calibrate (all SP ESC model) will get you no where but trouble. And please do not compare our setup process with the other brand ESC. We are different then they are.

This is stated on our instruction manual.
TRUTH

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote