Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by irgo
v3 stock prefered without, super charge turned on.
17.5t with 4s might be too crazy, when running receiver pack with esc switch off.
But never programming or updating with 3s or 4s. Its Deadly.
Allright, thankx, will let you guys know in my practice runs.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Multi ESC program card wont connect to PC

I just received my SP program card but when I connect with the PC w/ the USB-LCD it is just showing connecting to PC.

Need help from you SP Gurus..bought it at A-mains
Old 11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minikufer2
I just received my SP program card but when I connect with the PC w/ the USB-LCD it is just showing connecting to PC.

You have to plug power to your esc and turn it on as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by defcone
You have to plug power to your esc and turn it on as well.
i also tried connecting the esc and powering it up still the same result.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i also tried connecting the esc and powering it up still the same result.
Connecting to PC is fine, did u open the software up?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by defcone
Connecting to PC is fine, did u open the software up?
unitl i open the software it will show the speed passion software version and when i open the software it will show connecting to pc...forever
i went to the LCD box window the box on the lower left side is green showing busy but the first box of the window is blank.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Wow you got yours already!?!?! I preordered and haven't heard anything yet! Sucks for me!!! Thanks for the info.
FRED...please do PM me. There must be some kinda mistake on our end. Thanks....
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Mini...

There are only 2 option parts that can connected to your PC. These 2 options works for 2 different ESC....what ESC you are trying to program and which programmer connection that you just purchased..?

The above programmer card only works with Speed Passion GT2 ,GT2.1 ESC and Silver Arrow II ESC...DOES NOT work with Cirtix series ESC.

The above connection device only works with Cirtix series ESC. Does not work with GT2 ,GT2.1 ESC and Silver Arrow II ESC.

The above...does not work with computer at all.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rockit RC
Holy Cow! Thank you. That makes sense.

I did notice that about the LCD prog boxes from the SP site, but the manual confused me (imagine that) stating that The Multi ESC box (same part number) can be used. Thought it was the same thing.

I don't remember either if the SAII came with its own LCD box. I will check, I probably put it up thinking it was the same thing. Is the SP professional LCD programmer the one that you are referring to? It states on the SP site that it will work with the SA/GT series.

I am also suspecting that it does not like the low voltage either with it just cutting out on acceleration. BUT, the specs stated that it will run 2s. Your opinion if there is a better ESC for the 5.5R that can run 2 or 3s? I have been very pleased with SP stuff, but I am willing to hear suggestions outside SP (sensored please).

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Yes, if you purchased the SAII esc new from us, it came with the LED programmer box (not the digitial LCD box, that is optional) with the ESC...try to find it and it should shown all 12 features. (We are working on some kinda way to seperate them all).

Yes..I was referring the LCD programmer box as optional equipment that you should purchase/use.

If you are dedicated using 2S....the GT2.0 PRO along with the V3 motor will work. The Silver Arrow II series are really aiming for 1/8th type vehicle and 4S power output.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
Mini...

There are only 2 option parts that can connected to your PC. These 2 options works for 2 different ESC....what ESC you are trying to program and which programmer connection that you just purchased..?

The above programmer card only works with Speed Passion GT2 ,GT2.1 ESC and Silver Arrow II ESC...DOES NOT work with Cirtix series ESC.

The above connection device only works with Cirtix series ESC. Does not work with GT2 ,GT2.1 ESC and Silver Arrow II ESC.

The above...does not work with computer at all.
I have the first one,,W/ LCD display and the esc im using is a FLETA.
is it equivalent to a GT 2?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, MM Fleta 3 = SP GT2 Pro
Old 11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a question reguarding the no timing profile. I see on my computer display the DRRS is at 8 with an * next to it. But if I hook it up to my LCD box I can change the DRRS. So can I change this or not? The DRRS is the punch setting like on Novaks correct?

I was having a problem with the mod profile with timing not being smooth enough in my 2wd buggy. So that is why I'm trying the no timing profile.

It esc acts weird. If the motor rmps are real low or if I hit the brakes and then punch the throttle is acts like there is a 2 speed gear. You can feel the car get a hit of more power in the last 3/4 of the trigger pul. But if the motor rpms are higher and I don't us brakes it is very smooth. For some reason it acts like the esc saves the power in the capacitor and then when I pull the trigger it releases the energy. Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried everything with changing the Drrs, timing, and nothing seemed to get rid of this problem. It makes the car loose rear traction and spins out. If I don't use any brakes it drives fine, but once you get into traffic and have to use the brakes it makes the car very hard to drive.

BTW, I don't really notice this problem on the 4wd buggy with the timing profile, but then again I have a lower turn motor and 4 wheels to compensate for the traction loss.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scrad
I have a question reguarding the no timing profile. I see on my computer display the DRRS is at 8 with an * next to it. But if I hook it up to my LCD box I can change the DRRS. So can I change this or not? The DRRS is the punch setting like on Novaks correct?

I was having a problem with the mod profile with timing not being smooth enough in my 2wd buggy. So that is why I'm trying the no timing profile.

It esc acts weird. If the motor rmps are real low or if I hit the brakes and then punch the throttle is acts like there is a 2 speed gear. You can feel the car get a hit of more power in the last 3/4 of the trigger pul. But if the motor rpms are higher and I don't us brakes it is very smooth. For some reason it acts like the esc saves the power in the capacitor and then when I pull the trigger it releases the energy. Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried everything with changing the Drrs, timing, and nothing seemed to get rid of this problem. It makes the car loose rear traction and spins out. If I don't use any brakes it drives fine, but once you get into traffic and have to use the brakes it makes the car very hard to drive.

BTW, I don't really notice this problem on the 4wd buggy with the timing profile, but then again I have a lower turn motor and 4 wheels to compensate for the traction loss.

Any help is appreciated.
The asterisk simply means it is the default setting on that profile. DRRS can be changed in the no timing software - it is a kind of punch setting, although I've never found any benefit from changing it, dropping it down just seems to make the throttle less linear rather than smoother.

Can't say I've noticed a two-speed effect on the no timing software. I find it pulls hard down low and tails off up high, just like you would expect an electric motor to. Much prefer the feel of it compared to the supercharger software.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Someone has to confirm that....I don't have the MUCH MORE version and I cannot confirm that answer.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, they are the same. A few locals have the Much More ESC around here, and its every bit the same as the GT 2.0 PRO.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.