The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerb
Hey guys, I took a little time off cause of work, and now I find out my local club is
Now racin without boost.. So plaese don't fire too hard at me because I am sure
The question has been asked but I not find anywhere in my search a deffinet answer..
Looking for what non boost software to put in my LPF 2.0 running stock 17.5 V3 in a tc5
And LPF 2.0 runing a 13.5 in a WGT (assoc 10R5) not sure if they are both the same
Softwares or not..

Thanks again
Look in the upgrade tab, you'll see a software with No timing next to it.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ...

not seeing an upgrade tab.... but I can go into the "downloads" portion when I look up my esc in products.... looks like it saying 100422stock for stock racing only.... is this the non boosted software I want??? also is this what I should run for my 13.5 as well??

oh and I clicked on the 1 cell special motors.... but does not give me any price or anything else... have these been released yet???
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

not seeing an upgrade tab.... but I can go into the "downloads" portion when I look up my esc in products.... looks like it saying 100422stock for stock racing only.... is this the non boosted software I want??? also is this what I should run for my 13.5 as well??

oh and I clicked on the 1 cell special motors.... but does not give me any price or anything else... have these been released yet???
Yeah download that, and hook your esc up to computer (assuming you know how to do that). Then go to the place where you usually upgrade software and you'll see it.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Yeah download that, and hook your esc up to computer (assuming you know how to do that). Then go to the place where you usually upgrade software and you'll see it.

doh!!! when I went back and re-read post I remembered that the upgrade is once you get in and hook the esc up.....kool so 422 is the one I want ... and it will be kool for 13.5 as well?

thanks again def!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

doh!!! when I went back and re-read post I remembered that the upgrade is once you get in and hook the esc up.....kool so 422 is the one I want ... and it will be kool for 13.5 as well?

thanks again def!!!
Nah you should select the one which says 508_Notiming or something. Download the newest bundle, the one which says 2.1 stock esc only one, doesnt matter which esc u run it in.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
i took apart the 13.5t v3 for some cleaning and after putting back every part together the timing sensor moves left and right with slightly effort even after all the 3 screws are really tie.
any idea why?
thanx
You will need this....

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...=SP1EB03&c=OPT
Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

508_no_timing is the software name that you should use for no timing no boost no turbo no supercharger function....

Stop using 100422 software, that software is way old.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
i took apart the 13.5t v3 for some cleaning and after putting back every part together the timing sensor moves left and right with slightly effort even after all the 3 screws are really tie.
any idea why?
thanx
I've seen this happen before. It seems if you've got the motor too hot, some slight expansion/contraction of the can and windings can occur, causing hte windings to slightly move within the can.

Strip it apart again and CAREFULLY see if you can push the windings back up a little inside the can. You'll only need to move it a fraction.

HTH
Oli
Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

its because its held in place between the two piece of silicone. most of my motors you can 'just move' the slider without much effort. clean the silicone with motor spray and its helps. (wipe them, don't spray them or let it set to long)
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default speedpassion gt2 rpm log

we got great news from speedpassion
the speedpassion GT2 RPM LOG FIRMWARE is being tested now.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by irgo
we got great news from speedpassion
the speedpassion GT2 RPM LOG FIRMWARE is being tested now.
Nice, but... sry, if I'm wrong... isn't that coming a little bit late, I thought (cause i read a couple pages back) it should have been released mid-september??? I don't hope it was ment to be released sept. 2011

when, do you guess, will be release? I'm really curious about is
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I have both, and IMHO, the SA is a full on 1/8 scale speedo, and the R8 is a robust 1/10 that will run the bigger 550's

The big difference is size, while the R8 is not small, the SA is a full size speedo. IMHO, I would go with the SA. I have one in my Slash 4x4 and it is perfect.
I am also running the SA 2 esc with the SA 2 5.5R in a Slash 4x4.

Question, It runs great on 3s (too great actually), but when I try run 2s (both 45c and 35c 5000 batteries) it cuts in and out and the servo swerves intermittently when I am accelerating semi hard. In the specs it states that it can run 2s. I thought about manually setting the Lipo cell count in the program value, but I cannot get my Multi ESC Programming card to work (It works great with my SC Mater Combos). It will not accept the changes and only goes up to 10 Program Items (not the 12 stated in the manual). I am working on getting the USB adaptor to work, so I can see if I need to update firmware.

I would not worry about it and just run 3s, but our track restricts the 4x4 sct class to 2s. And I would like to have options.

Have you run into any thing like that? Have you been able to use the Multi ESC Programmer?

Sorry for all the questions - Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rockit RC
I am also running the SA 2 esc with the SA 2 5.5R in a Slash 4x4.

Question, It runs great on 3s (too great actually), but when I try run 2s (both 45c and 35c 5000 batteries) it cuts in and out and the servo swerves intermittently when I am accelerating semi hard. In the specs it states that it can run 2s. I thought about manually setting the Lipo cell count in the program value, but I cannot get my Multi ESC Programming card to work (It works great with my SC Mater Combos). It will not accept the changes and only goes up to 10 Program Items (not the 12 stated in the manual). I am working on getting the USB adaptor to work, so I can see if I need to update firmware.

I would not worry about it and just run 3s, but our track restricts the 4x4 sct class to 2s. And I would like to have options.

Have you run into any thing like that? Have you been able to use the Multi ESC Programmer?

Sorry for all the questions - Thanks in advance for your help.
(1)...SAII use a different LED box. It look exactly the same as the SC master one from outside but it has different internal inside. See you can find it...I don't remember mine came with one or not, others can help and tell.

(2) USB connector used for SC Master DOES NOT WORK on SAII....SAII system is under the same family of GT series...like the GT2 GT2.1 esc....so you must have the LCD programmer box and the software interface if you want to adjust and upload software for SAII.

(3) Try to disable the LIPO CUTOFF when running 2S...I never ran 2S on SAII but I am thinking a full size ESC like that might not like low voltage. Give that a try....
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
(1)...SAII use a different LED box. It look exactly the same as the SC master one from outside but it has different internal inside. See you can find it...I don't remember mine came with one or not, others can help and tell.

(2) USB connector used for SC Master DOES NOT WORK on SAII....SAII system is under the same family of GT series...like the GT2 GT2.1 esc....so you must have the LCD programmer box and the software interface if you want to adjust and upload software for SAII.

(3) Try to disable the LIPO CUTOFF when running 2S...I never ran 2S on SAII but I am thinking a full size ESC like that might not like low voltage. Give that a try....
Holy Cow! Thank you. That makes sense.

I did notice that about the LCD prog boxes from the SP site, but the manual confused me (imagine that) stating that The Multi ESC box (same part number) can be used. Thought it was the same thing.

I don't remember either if the SAII came with its own LCD box. I will check, I probably put it up thinking it was the same thing. Is the SP professional LCD programmer the one that you are referring to? It states on the SP site that it will work with the SA/GT series.

I am also suspecting that it does not like the low voltage either with it just cutting out on acceleration. BUT, the specs stated that it will run 2s. Your opinion if there is a better ESC for the 5.5R that can run 2 or 3s? I have been very pleased with SP stuff, but I am willing to hear suggestions outside SP (sensored please).

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

how do you adjust timing on a v3.0 motor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.