R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #5821
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
IVAN....ROAR is re-doing (re-inspection) the no timing specification and inspection right now, we are planning to submitting the CLUB SPEC, GT2.1 ProSTOCK and GT2.1 EX ESC with no timing software installed for ROAR approval. We are confident enough that our ESC and software are qualified to be LEGAL for the ROAR sportsman class....

We are doing the 2010 I-hobby Expo this week, so everything will be submit sometime next week...and we are hoping the above ESC and software will be legal in NOVEMBER.
Thanks Solara.

Just wondering how long the process usually takes from submission till they post it on their website?

Thanks,

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #5822
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Any ideas when the new 1S range of motors will be available in Europe ??

i would like a 13.5 version for my Tekin powered 1/12th
Contact SP dist @ Europe (Toni Rheinard), I would guess late November....
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #5823
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Thanks Solara.

Just wondering how long the process usually takes from submission till they post it on their website?

Thanks,

Ivan
I would think it will be fast cause they have the Cirtix Club Spec info, and the 508_no_timing software was approved for the GT2 series...we are only providing the newer ESC for them to add their name on the list.

But I am sure they will do the testing just to make sure everyone playing the fair game...
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #5824
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I would think it will be fast cause they have the Cirtix Club Spec info, and the 508_no_timing software was approved for the GT2 series...we are only providing the newer ESC for them to add their name on the list.

But I am sure they will do the testing just to make sure everyone playing the fair game...
Thanks again,

Just asking cause we have our first leg of our regional series race in early November and many members have the Cirtix for the Stock (non-boosted 17.5) and our rules mirror Roar. If they don't approve of it before the race, we may have a problem. Hopefully not.

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #5825
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Thanks again,

Just asking cause we have our first leg of our regional series race in early November and many members have the Cirtix for the Stock (non-boosted 17.5) and our rules mirror Roar. If they don't approve of it before the race, we may have a problem. Hopefully not.

Ivan
To be honest....it is all up to the race director. ROAR is only a reference. Unless your track is ROAR member track and under ROAR insurance policy or it is a ROAR event...otherwise, it doesn't matter what ROAR said and you can still run whatever you prefer driver to run.

Like the USVTA and RCGT...they reference ROAR rule in some portion of them, but not all of them...just a reference.

In some track, they only allow CIRTIX CLUB SPEC ESC only...no other choice, like the EUROPE ETS series...only club spec ESC and SP V3 13.5 motor...no exception. 100% fair with no secret buildin timing or hidden "boost"....
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #5826
Tech Master
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
To be honest....it is all up to the race director. ROAR is only a reference. Unless your track is ROAR member track and under ROAR insurance policy or it is a ROAR event...otherwise, it doesn't matter what ROAR said and you can still run whatever you prefer driver to run.

Like the USVTA and RCGT...they reference ROAR rule in some portion of them, but not all of them...just a reference.

In some track, they only allow CIRTIX CLUB SPEC ESC only...no other choice, like the EUROPE ETS series...only club spec ESC and SP V3 13.5 motor...no exception. 100% fair with no secret buildin timing or hidden "boost"....
fseara here in fl is running club spec and 17.5 only combo allowed
__________________
SPEED PASSION TEAM DRIVER
ADAB RACING FACTORY PILOT
WWW.ADRENALINERACEWAY.COM
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #5827
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 126
Exclamation

Hi ive broken the switch on my 2.1 stock spec, is it possible to get a new switch anywhere?

Ive shortened the wire so cant send it back for repair btw.
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #5828
Tech Elite
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

my v3.0 motor came apart during a run last nite! 3 screws backed right out.. dont ask how or why but it survived and race strong the hole nite. During the repair i noticed that the sensor timing adjustment is fairly easy to move even with the 3 motor screws set tight with locktight this time. Should i be able to make on the fly timing adjustments without loosening any screws? OR is it possible something is missing or worn in the endbell.

like is said it race real strong the rest of the night.
__________________
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
www.rcottawa.com
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #5829
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks again Solara. I’m actually going to use it regardless. No one has ever accused me of cheating.

On another note, our club got brand new CRC carpet about a week ago and we’ve got the track set up and instantly we’ve even got traction. We’ve got an 80 foot straight with medium technical infield I would say. The hot lap of the night was around 8.0 seconds using a tekin 13.5. With my 2.1 prostock with 528 software using a 17.5 SP V3 with 4.75 FDR using Marcos J’s setup I was able to get a low 8.1. I didn’t change the software cause no laptop to change to the 508 no timing software and used the same motor but set #9 to 1 and #12 to 1 (I assume the is the same as no motor timing but no flashing lights) and using an FDR of 3.59 and got a fast lap of 8.4. Very happy with the combo and the motor came off no hotter than 140 F with an awesome SP heat sink and fan.

My question is:

1. My motor timing is in the middle (5 degrees?). Can’t remember which is which but to guess does changing the timing on the motor to 10 degrees increase low end power and setting timing to 0 degrees increases top speed?

2. If I change the timing to 0 degrees to increase the top speed (because current setup seems just a tad slower than the tekin on the straight only), what would I change the pinion to for keeping temps down. This is what I think the no timing setup needs cause the infield is awesome just the straight speed could be quicker. How low and my FDR go?

3. Does setting #9 and #12 to 1 really EXACTLY the same as 508 no timing just without the flashing lights? Then if I were to just put the CIRTIX speedo in this car and use the same motor, would it run exactly the same too?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #5830
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Thanks again Solara. Iím actually going to use it regardless. No one has ever accused me of cheating.

On another note, our club got brand new CRC carpet about a week ago and weíve got the track set up and instantly weíve even got traction. Weíve got an 80 foot straight with medium technical infield I would say. The hot lap of the night was around 8.0 seconds using a tekin 13.5. With my 2.1 prostock with 528 software using a 17.5 SP V3 with 4.75 FDR using Marcos Jís setup I was able to get a low 8.1. I didnít change the software cause no laptop to change to the 508 no timing software and used the same motor but set #9 to 1 and #12 to 1 (I assume the is the same as no motor timing but no flashing lights) and using an FDR of 3.59 and got a fast lap of 8.4. Very happy with the combo and the motor came off no hotter than 140 F with an awesome SP heat sink and fan.

My question is:

1. My motor timing is in the middle (5 degrees?). Canít remember which is which but to guess does changing the timing on the motor to 10 degrees increase low end power and setting timing to 0 degrees increases top speed?

2. If I change the timing to 0 degrees to increase the top speed (because current setup seems just a tad slower than the tekin on the straight only), what would I change the pinion to for keeping temps down. This is what I think the no timing setup needs cause the infield is awesome just the straight speed could be quicker. How low and my FDR go?

3. Does setting #9 and #12 to 1 really EXACTLY the same as 508 no timing just without the flashing lights? Then if I were to just put the CIRTIX speedo in this car and use the same motor, would it run exactly the same too?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Ivan
I would make sure that the Tekin runners at your track have "updated" their software to 212 before making any performance comparisons with your SP...

With the motor timing, don't ever run it retarded from the middle of the slot. Running at the +10 mark will give more RPM and power, with more heat, and less torque.

I do not know if the 528 runs "exactly" the same as the 508, but it sounds like you succeeded in removing the timing advance.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #5831
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I would make sure that the Tekin runners at your track have "updated" their software to 212 before making any performance comparisons with your SP...

With the motor timing, don't ever run it retarded from the middle of the slot. Running at the +10 mark will give more RPM and power, with more heat, and less torque.

I do not know if the 528 runs "exactly" the same as the 508, but it sounds like you succeeded in removing the timing advance.
Thanks,

Incidentally, we've got 4 (5 soon) members of our club running the Photon and I recommend your website on how to build it to everyone else. Very informative. Your SP motor dissection also looks quite handy as I need to clean mine up sometime considering i must have run it like 3 months now and have never touch it except with the air compressor.

So say I do advance the timing to the +10 mark, with all things being equal, how many teeth should i drop on my pinion on a 64 pitch to test out without toasting my motor?

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #5832
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Thanks,

Incidentally, we've got 4 (5 soon) members of our club running the Photon and I recommend your website on how to build it to everyone else. Very informative. Your SP motor dissection also looks quite handy as I need to clean mine up sometime considering i must have run it like 3 months now and have never touch it except with the air compressor.

So say I do advance the timing to the +10 mark, with all things being equal, how many teeth should i drop on my pinion on a 64 pitch to test out without toasting my motor?

Ivan
Good to hear the website is useful to you... but as far as the gearing goes, I have no idea! Drop by 10% perhaps at first, better to be conservative than push the limits.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #5833
Tech Regular
 
zrxrxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Is this the SP Iphone App?


taken from :

IHOBBY first day is over...so what's NEW?
zrxrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #5834
Tech Master
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxrxr View Post
Is this the SP Iphone App?
Saw it today at the show with the new ESC. Very Interesting .
__________________
"PREPARE TO QUALIFY"
g12314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #5835
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,473
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxrxr View Post
Is this the SP Iphone App?


taken from :

IHOBBY first day is over...so what's NEW?
I've been out of RC for a few years and that iPhone app is slick along with a lot of the Speed Passion line up on display. They have Marc Rheinhard's Tamiya 416 and 1/12th on display if Tamiya fans want to check it out!
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0