The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Check out the LHS that made the pre-order from us last month...the current batch were all sold out, but checkout the LHS and other online dealers...

Also...I am hoping you are not going to use it on your TCX....it is not suppose to be use on 2S TC.
my LHS never has anything no im planning on running it in my pan car with 1s
Old 10-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Yes...please do gear down alot since you are running a small CARPET track. The one on SP site is from Jimmy Stegen and the track was a 125 x 275 1/8th on road track...hugh different in gearing.

I would guess (again, if I am the one running) using 8.2 final drive, then use Jimmy's setup...adjust your #14 to 0.1s or so and leave the rest the same as Jimmy's setup should be a good start. Temp your motor and compare your lap time and adjust gearing....

#4, #14 and #15 should be the area that you should adjust.

Let us know your finding and I can have that posted on the SPEED PASSION website.
Wow, 125x275 ! I think I was running an FDR of about 7.4, never had a chance to try different gearing but it wasn't bad. I had some friends that are knowledgable about the SP software make some adjustments. Tomorrow night I'll post the specific FDR and ESC settings as it was fairly smooth power , just maybe a little more lag than I'd like. Take a couple teeth off and that may go away. Next race isn't for a while so I won't be able to test it soon....
Old 10-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys I need urgent help please.. Using stock 528 gt2.0 pro and v3 13.5 motor, never used 13.5 can someone please post the best gear ratio for a track with a straight of 30meters .. A rough setup for esc would also be great or do I pretty much just max drrs, stage boost and sc punch.. Motor timing on motor is on full .. Should I turn that down and increase esc timing or leave motor n just just mid on esc or shall I just run all timing full..im running the car on prima felt carpet

Many thanks in advance
Mark
Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Probably have been covered over and over in this thread, but there is so many pages :P

How do I change the motor-timing on a Speed Passion V3 17.5T?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You may have to take the end bell off to change the timing. The timing ring sits against a rubber seal under the motor end bell and can stick to the rubber making it difficult to move the timing ring by just loosening the motor screws.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

hey korey, time for some fancy answers
Old 10-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HUTTNER
You may have to take the end bell off to change the timing. The timing ring sits against a rubber seal under the motor end bell and can stick to the rubber making it difficult to move the timing ring by just loosening the motor screws.
Does that mean that I should be able to just move the sensorplug, without unscrewing anything? I haven't tried that, but I thought I had to remove some screws or something.

I will try to just move it, and if it can't move, I will try your trick.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
Does that mean that I should be able to just move the sensorplug, without unscrewing anything? I haven't tried that, but I thought I had to remove some screws or something.

You can't do it without loosening the 3 front bolts that go through the motor. Which means you have to take the motor out of the car to access those bolts.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M-Technic
You can't do it without loosening the 3 front bolts that go through the motor. Which means you have to take the motor out of the car to access those bolts.
Oh okay - thanks. I will do that.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Guys...
Any idea what is the difference between the Cirtix version 2 and the stock cirteix esc? I plan to get one for VTA... any recommendations?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 PM
trackrat3

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Hi Guys...
Any idea what is the difference between the Cirtix version 2 and the stock cirteix esc? I plan to get one for VTA... any recommendations?
Kelvin,
You want the stock Cirtix that has the Trans Am edition logo on the box. It has been working on the 25.5 ballistic motor great for us. I know Eric at the track has some and getting more.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HUTTNER
you do not need to take off the end bell, simply loosen the screws and it will move, if it doesn't move, wiggle it a little until it does.

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Yes you can, some rings will move without loosening the screws,

first see if you can get it to move, if not wiggle it a little with firm pressure, if it won't move, then you have to loosen the three screws.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nilks

Yes on some motors the you can simply move the sensor harness plug to the right by just trying, sometimes you have to loosen the three motor screws,

however that said, most of the time there is no reason to move it, unless you are running a zero timing spec class then moving it will give you a little extra uumpp and/or smooth the bottom end if some clogging is there.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Yes on some motors the you can simply move the sensor harness plug to the right by just trying, sometimes you have to loosen the three motor screws,

however that said, most of the time there is no reason to move it, unless you are running a zero timing spec class then moving it will give you a little extra uumpp and/or smooth the bottom end if some clogging is there.
if your are running spec class you arent aloud to use motor timing no timing means no timing
Old 10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

yea, ok, which motor has NO timing? even the V3 when turned down to zero still has timing. Novak when placed at zero has 30, (older ballistic, new one says 30) Lrp, hell it has the highest I think, all those fellas at the IIC running the no timing class, yea, twisted all the way up. no timing, whatever

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.