R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #5686
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Speed Passion will display their own APP at I-Hobby Show in Chicago for all the Speed Passion ESC control. It has a lot of feature more then just gearing chart....1st stage is for all I-phone, Ipad, Ipod Touch...then it will spread to MS mobile, Droid and HTC....

It does software upload and ESC adjustment, plus alot more feature that can be use for RC racing. We can all leave the netbook at home.

Stay tuned...
Sounds awesome, now what will it cost... Better be free if you already have a lcd program card...
zrxrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #5687
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
How is it possible to test the Hal sensor? Is this in the sensor end of the motor?
yes if you have another sensor wire try that first if that dont fix it try another motor also try resetting the speedo to your radio
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #5688
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
yes if you have another sensor wire try that first if that dont fix it try another motor also try resetting the speedo to your radio
noob question but WTH is a HAL wire im having the same problem as Tha Skinny just doesnt seem to rev up
Old 10-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #5689
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Beast View Post
noob question but WTH is a HAL wire im having the same problem as Tha Skinny just doesnt seem to rev up
A Hall sensor is what is used within the motor to detect the rotor position. They are mounted on a little removeable board in there. I don't personally know of any way to test them independently of running them.

If you have rough throttle response or slow motor speeds, it's probably a sensor problem. You can try cleaning the Hall sensor in the motor (because of the open slots in the v3 motor, I once had a problem with it because of fluff), or you can try replacing the sensor board and sensor wire with known good ones.

If that doesn't work, it might be a sensor problem within the ESC, which is not realistically repairable at home.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #5690
Tech Adept

Just about to try a Duo2 13.5 with a 2.1 does anyone have a speedo setting they are willing to share and a gearing rec. for a 30m straight with flowing infield?
008-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #5691
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
I downloaded the 10.5 stock profile from the website and have nothing bit problems. Same gearing and all. 50c thunder power lipo.
Yes...motor sensor went bad. Very typical when running SC on stock motor. Open up the can and carefully remove the sensor, then brush it off...alot of time, it is some little dirt or things that cause the circuit screw up. Alot of the time after this clean up...will solved the problem.

Try it....if not working, then you will need a new sensor board. Contact your shop and see they can order one or contact our office to place the order.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #5692
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxrxr View Post
Sounds awesome, now what will it cost... Better be free if you already have a lcd program card...
Go email Steve Job...I bet his reply is " LEAVE US ALONE"....LOL

To be honest, I don't even have a I-Phone nor any Apple products...I don't even know what is a typical APP cost for end user...

I am a PC and everything is almost FREE....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #5693
Tech Champion

This is the piece that I am talking about....try to reseat, clean it first...if all failed, this need to replace.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #5694
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 008-Racer View Post
Just about to try a Duo2 13.5 with a 2.1 does anyone have a speedo setting they are willing to share and a gearing rec. for a 30m straight with flowing infield?
Try here....between 17.5 and 13.5 is mainly gearing, 13.5 geared taller then 17.5, like 2-3T smaller pinion.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #5695
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Go email Steve Job...I bet his reply is " LEAVE US ALONE"....LOL

To be honest, I don't even have a I-Phone nor any Apple products...I don't even know what is a typical APP cost for end user...

I am a PC and everything is almost FREE....
Exactly. I'm a PC person too but with an Iphone. Most apps cost a buck but generally you can get them free after they get popular enough. Who doesn't have a jailbroken Iphone nowadays?

Anyways, Any details to how the app will interface with the speedo? Will we still need to program card? Second, are you guys are also going to need to sell another cable or something to use with the app because the way I see it theres no way to connect to the device with the current hardware.

my 2c
zrxrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #5696
Tech Initiate

The app sounds amazing, sure would beat spending 200 on a notebook!
Cocoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #5697
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
This is the piece that I am talking about....try to reseat, clean it first...if all failed, this need to replace.

I'm am not running a sp motor. I will however try this and hope it works. Thank you.
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #5698
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Also.... When my my motor is in it's neutral position is the only time I get the blinking green light. On throttle and off throttle there is no light.
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #5699
Tech Fanatic

Default GT PRO 2.0 cutting my power out to my lipos

i notice last cpl of days my lipo were losing power due to the wiring on my esc i think their touching at the bottom of the esc i moved the wire around it was fine i notice when i hit a bump or get hit it seems to lose the power /boost so what i need to do
Old 10-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #5700
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I'm am not running a sp motor. I will however try this and hope it works. Thank you.
what up skinny this reggie i found why i was losing power my wire were touching at the bottom of esc how houston