Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #5626
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Beast View Post
anyone
2 major holidays coming up from HK and China...it got push toward the 1st week of October for US orders. But please place your pre-order via our Speed Passion dealers or contact your local hobby shop....as far as I know, the 1st batch of order is almost filled up. And the 2nd batch of order toward USA won't be done until early November.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #5627
Tech Fanatic

Default new software

well new software that speed passion owners promises is gona be late again, its an updates from 100528 that has rpm log build in, maybe cobraracing have an answear for R&D.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #5628
Tech Rookie

Im in the process of switching to sp gt 2.0pro esc + sp 3.0 9.5r motor and im in need of a esc setup for mixed asphalt running rubber. Also a tip on where to start on the fdr for the 3.0 9.5r would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #5629
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
well new software that speed passion owners promises is gona be late again, its an updates from 100528 that has rpm log build in, maybe cobraracing have an answear for R&D.
Best ask on the HW thread
Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #5630
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Today I ran on a medium sized concrete track. I started the day off with 422 in the first round. Motor temper at 175 after 5. I them switched to 528 and ran:

Drrs=8
boost- maxed
Timing- maxed
Delay-off.
punch=1

Fdr at 5.41 with at ballistic turned all the way negative.

What are Normal temps for the 528? I am really seeming to run the same temp range with both programs.

But..... My car was wicked fast the past two days. My fast laps were 5/10's faster than anyone else on the track but motor was screaming when it Came
off after 6 minute main 185 5 min quals were 147 degrees.

Is my gearing way off?? The track was about 90x40 small and technical with two 45 straights.

My fdr was
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #5631
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
Today I ran on a medium sized concrete track. I started the day off with 422 in the first round. Motor temper at 175 after 5. I them switched to 528 and ran:

Drrs=8
boost- maxed
Timing- maxed
Delay-off.
punch=1

Fdr at 5.41 with at ballistic turned all the way negative.

What are Normal temps for the 528? I am really seeming to run the same temp range with both programs.

But..... My car was wicked fast the past two days. My fast laps were 5/10's faster than anyone else on the track but motor was screaming when it Came
off after 6 minute main 185 5 min quals were 147 degrees.

Is my gearing way off?? The track was about 90x40 small and technical with two 45 straights.

My fdr was
Where is your rpm start set at?
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #5632
Tech Fanatic

5000.. I may have given th wrong settings. I will repostcthem in a second.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #5633
Tech Fanatic

Geared at a 5.41 ballistic 17.5 motor at 0 . The outside temp was around 90

Old 09-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #5634
Tech Regular

where can i find a store in Hongkong there they have the SPA138175 (speed-passion V3 17.5 engine?)

and motor bearings for the engine?
please a quick answer
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #5635
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default setup help

Guys I have been away from the sport and the threads for almost 6 months (trying to find the time to appease the withdrawls) and not sure if this has been previously asked - I am running a ballistic 21.5 (being official for next year thought I would get the jump) - does anyone have a decent starting base setup - the last software I ran was 420 or something like that. Any help would be great as I dont want to burn out another motor. ALso with the setup can you give me a base FDR.
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #5636
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
where can i find a store in Hongkong there they have the SPA138175 (speed-passion V3 17.5 engine?)

and motor bearings for the engine?
please a quick answer
Kwon Wah Street, HEC Harmony Hobbies...talk to the shop keeper LAM SIR. They are the Speed Passion dealer in HK.

The only motor bearing you can purchase is the ceremic verions. Lam Sir should have that as well...or he can get you some from SP HQ.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #5637
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Guys I have been away from the sport and the threads for almost 6 months (trying to find the time to appease the withdrawls) and not sure if this has been previously asked - I am running a ballistic 21.5 (being official for next year thought I would get the jump) - does anyone have a decent starting base setup - the last software I ran was 420 or something like that. Any help would be great as I dont want to burn out another motor. ALso with the setup can you give me a base FDR.
Definitley use the newer version 100528STOCK...(422 is old).

Now...what is your track look like...? I mean, indoor carpet, small tight...? or OPEN large...? OR....outdoor parking lot? Aspault, small, large..? Track size dictated all the setting...especailly gearing.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #5638
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default setup help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Definitley use the newer version 100528STOCK...(422 is old).

Now...what is your track look like...? I mean, indoor carpet, small tight...? or OPEN large...? OR....outdoor parking lot? Aspault, small, large..? Track size dictated all the setting...especailly gearing.
The track is medium size, mid to high traction ashpalt on a slight incline. current layout is slightly technical but fast flowing if that makes sense - torque/acceleration is probably more important with this layout but straight long enough to max out a 21.5 early - lets say by 70%
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #5639
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
The track is medium size, mid to high traction ashpalt on a slight incline. current layout is slightly technical but fast flowing if that makes sense - torque/acceleration is probably more important with this layout but straight long enough to max out a 21.5 early - lets say by 70%
Take alook at this setup...I have never used 21.5 with SC ever, but if I am going to run one, I will start with this setup on ESC but gear @ 6.3~6.5 and check temp and speed on motor every 5 laps.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...oAsphalt_2.pdf

Please also checkout the rest of the setup from SPEED PASSION website.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #5640
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

2.1ex little note on SP website recomends the other SP esc's for touring car ?

but if u race it in 17.5 stock no advance timing class sounds like it would work great?
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote