#13-2
#14-3
#15-4

Motor temp. is 140 degrees.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #5447
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Take a look at the attached SC starting points guide to get you going. Also just as reference point to gain understanding I've also attached the GT 2.1 Prostock document for 422, don't get hung up on the numbers but again use it for understanding the different parameters.
I thought the pdf was for the early supercharger software ?
I have been using the Word instructions as a guide which are ok for a starting point but still find the timing needs to be turned up to get decent performance.

Quote:
S.A.W Try the 107Stock and or 11.5T.

if you could do post the picture of your Track with a car on it.
let's see how it's scaled ? if you can.
Can't run 11.5t with the 13.5 class, have tried a 10.5 but too quick for me

Best pic I can find, old but not changed much. Sorry no car on it for scale though.

S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #5448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

hey guys went to run my car earlier today and im having problems with my turbo boost it does not kick in at all. i have had the boost off for a while now but i was just practicing today and wanted to try it out anyway this is what im running SP esc GT2.0 lpf with a 13.5 orion motor i have it set to boost level 6 and rpm 4000 and .4 throttle delay. it seems to only kick in when the car has stopped for a few seconds but not ever when i need it to.....what am i doing wrong?????
tha Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #5449
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

I see a lot of people looking for help with setups, especially getting the SC settings dialed in. In order to offer help, we need to know the following:

1. All of your ESC settings
2. Your motor brand & physical timing
3. Your FDR
4. Your track conditions: Tight or open, how long the straight is, etc..

FDR, Motor Timing, and ESC settings are not one size fits all. The above will help all of us help you make the adjustments required to get the most out of your setup.

Jimmy
Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #5450
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
I see a lot of people looking for help with setups, especially getting the SC settings dialed in. In order to offer help, we need to know the following:

1. All of your ESC settings
2. Your motor brand & physical timing
3. Your FDR
4. Your track conditions: Tight or open, how long the straight is, etc..

FDR, Motor Timing, and ESC settings are not one size fits all. The above will help all of us help you make the adjustments required to get the most out of your setup.

Jimmy
i started to like what you do here jimmy,..
Old 08-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #5451
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.W View Post
I have been using the Word instructions as a guide which are ok for a starting point but still find the timing needs to be turned up to get decent performance.

Can't run 11.5t with the 13.5 class, have tried a 10.5 but too quick for me

Best pic I can find, old but not changed much. Sorry no car on it for scale though.

wow s.a.w thats a large track youve got there, i would not suggest 13.5 there. You can try mod there with 8.5T, thats meant you must be able to handle 10.5 with stock sc software :-)
Old 08-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #5452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I think you meant the opposite that the word doc is the early SC, which is true but again I included the doc in order to give you clarity as to what each adjustment does which is why I said not to get hung up on the numbers. Don't worry at first it's all a bit confusing but if you start to tune using the SC step by step you will gain more understanding and be able to feel the changes on the track. It just takes time which can't be avoided
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #5453
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I think you meant the opposite that the word doc is the early SC, which is true but again I included the doc in order to give you clarity as to what each adjustment does which is why I said not to get hung up on the numbers. Don't worry at first it's all a bit confusing but if you start to tune using the SC step by step you will gain more understanding and be able to feel the changes on the track. It just takes time which can't be avoided
With the pdf document at the begining 'starting from scratch' it dosen't say what to start #12 & #13 or #4 & #9 ? it gives you suggestions later on under motor size sections.

I did try tuning with this document but found the car to slow, found the Word document a better starting guide.

I probably don't understand excatly what the settings are doing. I might go and give the pdf document another go, with my track pic above should I then start with a fdr of 6.25 ?

Is there anyway to first get the car geared correctly for the track then start adjusting the supercharger settings ?

How would you set you your gearing and supercharger settings for a new track ?

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #5454
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pro 1000 A

Hello, just want to let you all know that,
speed passion GT 2.0 Pro is a 1000 Amp Burst capabilities.

It's the right reason to choose.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #5455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
look at my setup a few pages ago I run full timing and boost and zero timing on the motor and is plenty fast
I got my 2.1 Prostock a few weeks back and set it up with Marcos 17.5 set-up exactly and using it on a smaller track with about 60 feet straight and it worked great. Used it on a even smaller track over the weekend and still worked great. Temperature was only 120 and I know my gearing is off. Just working on the driving a new car too and since Marcos just posted a Photon set up recently, will try that too!

Thanks Marcos!

Ivan
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #5456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question to Marcos, first off thanks for speedie setup works like a dream posted my personal best at the track I usually race at. The motor only gets to 41 deg celcius on a Sunday with ambient around 15-20? Is there anyway to get more out of the motor/esc?

Thanks in advanced.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 AM   #5457
Tech Regular

Hi,

Does anyone run or tried their GT2.1 without the fan ? I run 13.5t wondered if it would be ok. Save's a little bit of weight without it and I need to loose some weight on that side of the car
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 AM   #5458
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hi,

Does anyone run or tried their GT2.1 without the fan ? I run 13.5t wondered if it would be ok. Save's a little bit of weight without it and I need to loose some weight on that side of the car
fine on gt2pro, running 2s with supercharge max torque settings with motor stock. :-) the gt 2.1 is a pro according to shawn palmer in this information. Infact its better temps,
the 2.1 had wider heat sink.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #5459
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
fine on gt2pro, running 2s with supercharge max torque settings with motor stock. :-) the gt 2.1 is a pro according to shawn palmer in this information. Infact its better temps,
the 2.1 had wider heat sink.
Ok I might try it without the fan, I still have my GT2.0 but never tried that without the fan. I think my GT2.0 is slightly faster top end only buy a very very small amount probably not though ?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #5460
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi,

I run the fan cooling my motor instead of the speedo. Runs fine in 100*F ambient weather in south Florida.