Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

how is the speedo on 1s 12scale with 10.5 motor
do you need a extra batery for servo speed.
and does it compeet to bd and tekins?
thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hiya Marcos, we found this as well, on smaller indoor tracks with additional 'mechanical' timing the 110 software runs more consistently and more importantly cooler than the 528 with SC turned off. Wonder if the SP guys have found this at all? (Trinity 10.5's BTW )
Has anyone else tried to run 528 with the turbo off similar to to the traditional firmware such as the 107 and 110? If so, how were the results and what are the correct settings? Thanks...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hello all. I just started running mod at my local track, and went with the speedpassion GT 2.0 pro for my speedo. I am running a 4.5, and have my speedo set at 0 timing advance, and also have it set at its most mild profile setting (forget what thats called... only had it a week). I chose those settings because i wanted a nice soft feel to the acceleration. I dont need it to be very agressive yet, as I get used to the 4.5. So I have two questions for you.

1.) Do I need to update any software or firmware? All I did was fire it up, calibrate it to my transmitter, and ran through the 10 or 12 settings with the included programing box, and vuala.

2.) What is the "initial brake" setting? Just an fyi, I run 100% brakes on the speedo, and dial them down to desired strength on my transmitter.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I started reading about 100 pages back, but quickly got lost in a sea of models and SP related things, and had no idea what i was reading... so i figured i would ask. Forgive me if this has been asked before.

-Cpt.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Hello all. I just started running mod at my local track, and went with the speedpassion GT 2.0 pro for my speedo. I am running a 4.5, and have my speedo set at 0 timing advance, and also have it set at its most mild profile setting (forget what thats called... only had it a week). I chose those settings because i wanted a nice soft feel to the acceleration. I dont need it to be very agressive yet, as I get used to the 4.5. So I have two questions for you.

1.) Do I need to update any software or firmware? All I did was fire it up, calibrate it to my transmitter, and ran through the 10 or 12 settings with the included programing box, and vuala.

2.) What is the "initial brake" setting? Just an fyi, I run 100% brakes on the speedo, and dial them down to desired strength on my transmitter.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I started reading about 100 pages back, but quickly got lost in a sea of models and SP related things, and had no idea what i was reading... so i figured i would ask. Forgive me if this has been asked before.

-Cpt.
initial brake is the amount of braking you want when you first hit the brakes and asfar as the software without knowing whats on it i cant tell you if it needs upgrading hope this helps
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mr crum
initial brake is the amount of braking you want when you first hit the brakes and asfar as the software without knowing whats on it i cant tell you if it needs upgrading hope this helps
I hear what you are saying about initial brakes, but the values then dont make sense.

For example, you cant set it to 100%.... so that you get 100% brakes right off the bat. That doesn't seem right . You can set it to "drag brake", and a few small % increments up to 40%.

still dont understand it.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I hear what you are saying about initial brakes, but the values then dont make sense.

For example, you cant set it to 100%.... so that you get 100% brakes right off the bat. That doesn't seem right . You can set it to "drag brake", and a few small % increments up to 40%.

still dont understand it.
OK initial brake force is the amount of brakes applied when the throttle is located at neutral. So if you set it a 40% it will give you 40% of your brakes right away. Usually I have never set it to anything except "Drag Brake Force" because it would act as an e-brake rather than smooth drag brakes. Then adjust your drag brake force so you have some natural slow down to the car so you don't have to use the transmitter for a very small amount of brakes. Then the maximum brake force is the overall amount of braking supplied from the esc. So instead of being able to lock the wheels at full brake you can have it adjusted such as you are doing with your TX.

Hope that helps...

Also on the software if it is fresh from the factory the software you have is 205 and is fine for MOD. There is newer software available which refines 205, but 205 will be fine during the MOD learning process. You need the LCD programmer to update to the newer software.

-james
Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlight13
Has anyone else tried to run 528 with the turbo off similar to to the traditional firmware such as the 107 and 110? If so, how were the results and what are the correct settings? Thanks...
I ran today with 528 and SC off. I also ran with SC on, and didnt really matter cause track is tight with no straitaway, so having it off was just fine. This WAS OFFROAD SHORT COURSE. GT Prostock 2.1 esc with SP 17.5 V3 motor. I was accused of cheating with a 13.5! Truck was faster than the comp and geared low. Truck is Kyosho Ultima SC. FDR used was 8.45 (24/78)

Started with recommended settings for 528 stock*, then lowered timing to "5" and turned off boost and set DDRS to 8. Ran strong !!!

Came out with the win and lapped the field twice.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm just wondering if us Speedpassion drivers can expect any LIVE factory support while at Nats. well over a second off the pace and burnt up a motor and esc trying to find it.

btw, zero timing does not mean, smoother or lower power
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
I ran today with 528 and SC off. I also ran with SC on, and didnt really matter cause track is tight with no straitaway, so having it off was just fine. This WAS OFFROAD SHORT COURSE. GT Prostock 2.1 esc with SP 17.5 V3 motor. I was accused of cheating with a 13.5! Truck was faster than the comp and geared low. Truck is Kyosho Ultima SC. FDR used was 8.45 (24/78)

Started with recommended settings for 528 stock*, then lowered timing to "5" and turned off boost and set DDRS to 8. Ran strong !!!

Came out with the win and lapped the field twice.
Sounds good, but what about settings 13-15? Do these make a difference with the SC turned OFF in setting 12?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

First experience filing an RMA... excellent service from Albert from KG in Illinois. Had an new item from the factory in no time.

Also, does anybody know what difference between the silver and black rotors are for mod? Thx.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by minizmudejar
hello, I have been burned a drive phase mosfets.....
I want buy internal mosfets to LPF 2.0 and LPF 1.1. Can somebody tell me a link or the reference number to buy the mosfets?
Thanks.
Any one knows to this answer?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
First experience filing an RMA... excellent service from Albert from KG in Illinois. Had an new item from the factory in no time.

Also, does anybody know what difference between the silver and black rotors are for mod? Thx.
From what I have seen if you are using the same size rotor the Silver ones have stronger magnets and have more drag brake feel.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Anemic_SluG
Hope that helps...
Absolutley. It does...however, I still can't picture in my head how one would use that as a tuning tool... but I digress.

Originally Posted by Anemic_SluG
Also on the software if it is fresh from the factory the software you have is 205 and is fine for MOD. There is newer software available which refines 205, but 205 will be fine during the MOD learning process. You need the LCD programmer to update to the newer software.

-james
Awesome.. thanks

Originally Posted by skypilot
btw, zero timing does not mean, smoother or lower power
I assume you are talking to me... what would you suggest with my 4.5 then? power delivery sure SEEMED smooth running the least agressive settings, but the motor was coming off pretty dang hot, and I wasn't running the car very hard at all.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Absolutley. It does...however, I still can't picture in my head how one would use that as a tuning tool... but I digress.

Awesome.. thanks

I assume you are talking to me... what would you suggest with my 4.5 then? power delivery sure SEEMED smooth running the least agressive settings, but the motor was coming off pretty dang hot, and I wasn't running the car very hard at all.
We run esc timing on 15 degrees and DRSS on 5 or 6.
Lower timing gives more punch/torque.
If you getting hot its most likely overgeared.
we race mod with foam tyres so uaully roll out at around 22-25mm track dependant with a 4.5V2
Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
We run esc timing on 15 degrees and DRSS on 5 or 6.
Lower timing gives more punch/torque.
If you getting hot its most likely overgeared.
we race mod with foam tyres so uaully roll out at around 22-25mm track dependant with a 4.5V2
yea what he said,, but you can still run your DRSS at 2 or 3 to give you that easy feel out of the corners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.