R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #4816
Tech Apprentice

Cheers razzor
I am running 100% everything but I must admit I never re-calibrated esc after changing them to 100%.. does that make a difference then?

How good are the brakes normally on these esc's ?
Just cut open the standard esc capacitor and the figures match my cylinder type apart from the bank of 4 capacitors add up to 1880uf and mine is 2200uf, is that good or bad, I've no real electrical knowledge

Mark
mark williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #4817
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
Hi .. I have been out of the electric scene for some time now, well the last time I was running electric I was racing Team Associated RC10L Pan car if my memory serves right and running Novak ESC with Brushed Reedy Motors, need to catch up so been doing some reading now...

A friend of mine asked me a question in regards to running a Speed Passion ESC with a Trinity Motor DU something..... will they work together specifically the question is about the sensor cable.

Anyone car to advise me on this one plz.

Thx
Trinity Duo and Duo2 motors are imho some of the best you can get. The duo2 has such a large sweet spot for the boost as far as temps you can run and gearing you can throw at it there the easiest to set up and run. The X12's can be faster, but it takes more careful calibration and there very sensitive and easy to burn up.

I'm running the SP2.1 and a Duo2 13.5 in my touring car and its a blast
LMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #4818
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark williams View Post
Hi guys, im also suffering weak brakes with my gt 2 pro with 4t v3 and 10.5 v3

they are too progresive, im after more aggresive brakes and just cant seem to get them to be sharp with just a little movement with the throttle stick

ive also tried all the esc settings but from what i can make out if the initial brakes are at a max of 40% surely they never are going to be blinding with little stick movement, they will be 40% of the max brakes or am i wrong ?

ive been reading the above posts regarding capacitors, from the start i run with the following spec capacitor

105 dec c
25v
2200uf

its a cylinder type one as used by reinhard..could this spec capacitor be the issue..

ive found what is labelled as super active capacitor but as it looks like the one that came with my esc i dont know if its the same as what i have,

what capacitor comes with esc 2.0 pro gt ????

the one ive found is pt no sp98801std-c01 (is this the supplied gt pro one)
is this one the same sp98801-c01 or the upgraded version

i just want better brakes as i have to start braking too early to get into a hairpin, markwhen others can cream me on braking

cheers in advance

mark
Hi Mark,

+1 on the Brakes, go into the menu and set the brake force at 100% AND set the reverse force at 100% EVEN if you don't use reverse something about the way BL works is that it uses 'moderated reverse' to actuate brakes so set the reverse at 100% and watch your car lock all four wheels on carpet lol.

I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.

Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

Hope it helps.

Cherry
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #4819
Tech Elite

Quote:
Cheers razzor
I am running 100% everything but I must admit I never re-calibrated esc after changing them to 100%.. does that make a difference then?

Just cut open the standard esc capacitor and the figures match my cylinder type apart from the bank of 4 capacitors add up to 1880uf and mine is 2200uf, is that good or bad, I've no real electrical knowledge

Mark
I would suggest making it a habit to recalibrate the radio regularly especially if using KO and Spektrum radios.
Also found setting throttle travel to 100% the best, that way you can increase throw to 105-110% to make sure supercharge works and the same for brakes.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #4820
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Cheers razzor

Mark
If you are using a KO radio you can adjust your brake punch to 100 will increase your speed to full brake.
It is in the menu TH:Punch.
Also your throttle curve can be changed to improve the speed however brake punch is more of a change in settings a great tool for brake adjustments
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #4821
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

double post sorry
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #4822
Tech Apprentice

Default 528 mod set up

Hi can anyone help me with a setup for 528 on a 7.5 x12 lrp in a 416. Thanks
charl mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #4823
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl mac View Post
Hi can anyone help me with a setup for 528 on a 7.5 x12 lrp in a 416. Thanks
there is a guy in SA i think his name is Jason who has tested the 528 Mod with a 7.5 and he recons it works really well with the just a few tweaks to the default settings!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #4824
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to shesha
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMRacing View Post
Trinity Duo and Duo2 motors are imho some of the best you can get. The duo2 has such a large sweet spot for the boost as far as temps you can run and gearing you can throw at it there the easiest to set up and run. The X12's can be faster, but it takes more careful calibration and there very sensitive and easy to burn up.

I'm running the SP2.1 and a Duo2 13.5 in my touring car and its a blast
Thx for the info
Old 07-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #4825
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
Shesha, I've run my SP ESC with SP, Trinity and Novak motors without a problem They all take the same sensor cable.
Thx for the info...
Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #4826
Tech Fanatic

Going through the manual on the esc for SP 2.0 GT and the LPF I see that in the lipo setup there are some limitations, yet the size of the esc are identical and what looks like pretty much a sticker swap from one and another, though I have not opened one up to see if there are any internal parts being different in size, am I assume that both speeds could be programmed with different variables ?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #4827
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Going through the manual on the esc for SP 2.0 GT and the LPF I see that in the lipo setup there are some limitations, yet the size of the esc are identical and what looks like pretty much a sticker swap from one and another, though I have not opened one up to see if there are any internal parts being different in size, am I assume that both speeds could be programmed with different variables ?
yes the biggest diffrence is that the lpf has a turn limit of 5.5 and the pro has no turn limit the lpf has shorter heatsink aswell
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #4828
Tech Fanatic

My question in regards to the LPF an the GT if they are the same in size how can one handle a higher performing motor ?

I heard some info the other day that some drivers are using the LPF with less then the 5.5 turn and not having any issues ?

Anyone care to enlighten me on this ?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #4829
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
My question in regards to the LPF an the GT if they are the same in size how can one handle a higher performing motor ?

I heard some info the other day that some drivers are using the LPF with less then the 5.5 turn and not having any issues ?

Anyone care to enlighten me on this ?
well i guess you can do what you wish im just stating recommended useage of lpf i havent used more than a 6.5 so i could tell ya for sure thats what manufacture states
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #4830
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideMasteR View Post
there is a guy in SA i think his name is Jason who has tested the 528 Mod with a 7.5 and he recons it works really well with the just a few tweaks to the default settings!
Hhmmmm, slidemaster i think i know this Jason?
charl mac is offline   Reply With Quote