R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #4651
Tech Adept

When I went from a SP V2 17.5 to a SP V3 17.5 motor I lost my drag brake, the only setting that works is all the up at 8 and thats way to much.

Any suggestions on what to try?
Dave Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #4652
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
try these

its what I ran with the 422 but it worked great with the 528
Thanks Marcos...similar to what I was running except I had no drag brake...will try it also my FDR5.48...maybe a bigger track? and 13/14 I had at 5..will change that.I found my setup a tad slower( than guy with a good Tekin setup) at the start of the back straight,but otherwise very good.
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #4653
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by altreyx View Post
There is no need to delete the previous version that is the 1,33
Unzip the downloaded file and inside you will find the 1,33 version setup.exe + settings.db3 /version control.ini + .doc file (is a small manual about the SC software)
Copy these 2 files (settings.db3 , version control.ini) and past to your SP directory that should be XX(normally is C):\Program Files\Speedpassion USB Link V1.33

When it will ask overwrite 2 filesa select “yes” and you will have the last firmware release.

Hoping what i wrote is clear
I finally had some time to sort the issue out, My netbook running XP updated by just copying the files. However the PC with Vista installed needs to be updated differently.

As Vista determines the settings.db3 file to be a data file it does not use the version in the program files directory but an alternate version in the following path C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Speedpassion USB Link V1.33.

For more info have a look at the following Microsoft article

After this it works fine
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 AM   #4654
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by altreyx View Post
There is no need to delete the previous version that is the 1,33
Unzip the downloaded file and inside you will find the 1,33 version setup.exe + settings.db3 /version control.ini + .doc file (is a small manual about the SC software)
Copy these 2 files (settings.db3 , version control.ini) and past to your SP directory that should be XX(normally is C):\Program Files\Speedpassion USB Link V1.33

When it will ask overwrite 2 filesa select “yes” and you will have the last firmware release.

Hoping what i wrote is clear
iv tried doing this, even deleting all previous version and re-installing them but still nothing, still comes up with the 422stock software, any ideas =)

thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #4655
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ416 View Post
iv tried doing this, even deleting all previous version and re-installing them but still nothing, still comes up with the 422stock software, any ideas =)

thanks
Only installing the "new" 1,33 setup nothing is changing, you need to overwrite the control.ini and settings.db3 files
You will find them into the new unzipped folder; copy and overwrite them to Speedpassion directory and you should have the new firmwares.
If is not working i don't have any idea, may be someone else can help you better than me.

@Miku: i'm using windows7 and no problem at all, at the end i'm happy that you have solved your "issue"
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #4656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The updated zip is under the 2.1 ESC not the lcd programmer, just FYI.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #4657
Tech Apprentice

ok got it, i did what "miku" did with the vista thing and it worked fine, only other thing is what difference is there with the V2 mod software and the V1

thanks =)
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #4658
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
We all tested the software, so it is fine...but it is still at you own risk. It is impossible to guarantee anything electronic due to the fact that every user is different and there is no control on how a user would use/abuse it.

Is it safe to race? Definitely.
Could if blow your stuff? Definitely, just like any software, but most unlikely if not abused(geared wrong, using stock software with mod motor, etc.).
The 100528 stock and mod are tested and has been very successful at the track.

Reinhard is using the 100258_mod.
are you sure 100258_mod ?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #4659
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 14ga wire for GT2.1

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I received a GT 2.1 with 14ga wire. I am tempted to use TQ 13 ga wire but I have some pretty flo green 14 ga wire sitting around. Will it make a difference when using 13.5 or 17.5? Thanks guys!
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #4660
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ416 View Post

thanks
I had the same problem a while back when trying to use the first supercharger software and it was with Windows Vista AND you have to right click on the Speed Passion icon (on your desktop) and RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR. Then all the other options come up once your speedo is all connected up etc.

Hope that helps you
baldman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #4661
Tech Regular

Can some please tell me where I can find the left hand side document the Joel posted ?

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #4662
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
are you sure 100258_mod ?
Ur right...100528_mod. =)
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #4663
Tech Fanatic

Got a problem...Had V2 pro wth 422 for a few weeks now...going great...flashed 528 last night,ran 1 heat ...impressive,in the next heat(went down 1 pinion)was going great for half the race then went slow for a couple of seconds then stopped.turned the car off then on again same thing, it would rev a bit then slow and stop.Changed motors,flashed speedie again,reset radio...still the same...anyone got any ideas?
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #4664
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barger View Post
Got a problem...Had V2 pro wth 422 for a few weeks now...going great...flashed 528 last night,ran 1 heat ...impressive,in the next heat(went down 1 pinion)was going great for half the race then went slow for a couple of seconds then stopped.turned the car off then on again same thing, it would rev a bit then slow and stop.Changed motors,flashed speedie again,reset radio...still the same...anyone got any ideas?
try changing your sensor cable, clean out the port on the speed-o with air, make sure you have a good connection
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #4665
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barger View Post
its the sensor inside the motor try changing it that should take care of it.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote