R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #4621
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kapiti, New Zealand
Posts: 133
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SP 13.5

Can anyone please point me to where the specs are for these motors. Cant find anything anywhere. Cheers.
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #4622
Tech Rookie
 
Prommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Huntly, New Zealand
Posts: 6
Default

Hi guys,
New to brushless and Speed Passion,
I was having a look at this new software and it says the 528 is for only Super stock 2.1 esc?
Am i missing something?
Does it work for mod and superstock? Just wanting to know as i have 2 classes i wish to run and though i would updated the software for each class.
And what are the benefits of this software?
At my local track the guys said that the hobby wing software works in the esc? is this correct?
If so what is the benefits or differesnces between the 2 software?
Sorry for the questions as i said new to this brshless thing. But am pleased so far!!
So pleased got them for 2 cars!!!!
__________________
Team Minifie Racing
Kyosho Mp9, Alpha Orange, Savox, Sanwa M11X
Mugen MBX6T, Alpha Orange, Sanwa M11X
Kyosho Lazer ZX5 FS2, LRP SXX Tc Spec Version 2 ,LRP Octa 8.5, Savox, Sanwa M11X
Schumacher Mi4LP,LRP SXX Tc Spec Version 2, Savox, Sanwa M11X
Prommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #4623
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 126
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
mid range power improvement. The last couple weeks I've been turning heads with the power/ speeds coming out of my car. Racers can't believe it is a Speed Passion speedo.

Cool! Is it a very noticable improvement to 422?
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #4624
Tech Elite
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prommy View Post
Hi guys,
New to brushless and Speed Passion,
I was having a look at this new software and it says the 528 is for only Super stock 2.1 esc?
Am i missing something?
Does it work for mod and superstock? Just wanting to know as i have 2 classes i wish to run and though i would updated the software for each class.
And what are the benefits of this software?
At my local track the guys said that the hobby wing software works in the esc? is this correct?
If so what is the benefits or differesnces between the 2 software?
Sorry for the questions as i said new to this brshless thing. But am pleased so far!!
So pleased got them for 2 cars!!!!

I just loaded the 528 on both of my GT2.0LPF with 13.5.. ill be running both of them tonight in my TRF201 and SC10. Ill let u know if they blow up
__________________
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
www.rcottawa.com
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #4625
Tech Adept
 
altreyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miku View Post
Charlie

Not sure if the update is right or if i am doing something wrong. I deleted the old verions of the files being updated and then copied the new files but the system only offers 422, no timing stock and 205 as options. ie not 528
There is no need to delete the previous version that is the 1,33
Unzip the downloaded file and inside you will find the 1,33 version setup.exe + settings.db3 /version control.ini + .doc file (is a small manual about the SC software)
Copy these 2 files (settings.db3 , version control.ini) and past to your SP directory that should be XX(normally is C):\Program Files\Speedpassion USB Link V1.33

When it will ask overwrite 2 filesa select “yes” and you will have the last firmware release.

Hoping what i wrote is clear
__________________
Yokomo BD7 - Yokomo R12C
Orca-Gm120
Reedy-Lrp
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #4626
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
I just loaded the 528 on both of my GT2.0LPF with 13.5.. ill be running both of them tonight in my TRF201 and SC10. Ill let u know if they blow up
im will waiting ur report
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #4627
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Default Problem with 2.0 LPF

Hi Gents

Hoping somebody can help or has had a similar problem.

I am running a Novak 17.5 Ballistic with a 2.0 LPF SP Esc with 100422 Software.
The car was great at the last club race.
However, I tried it out today and the Supercharger will not engage.
I did not change any settings etc.
Tried another motor no luck.

Is the ESC Damaged or can it be something else. I have also checked all the wiring and the battery.
FrancoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #4628
Tech Elite
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

franco: when in doubt just reset everything using the desktop software. Confirm and update the ESC twice and double check things are the way they should be.
__________________
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
www.rcottawa.com
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #4629
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Cool! Is it a very noticable improvement to 422?
YES!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #4630
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know where I can purchase a sensor unit for v2.0 mod motors?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #4631
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
franco: when in doubt just reset everything using the desktop software. Confirm and update the ESC twice and double check things are the way they should be.
Thanks Joel

Did that now the Esc does not even talk to the desktop software anylonger..
Crazy stuff when you start with software updates...
FrancoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #4632
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Send a message via MSN to geubes
Default

much difference between 528 MOD and STOCK? with them sharing the same firmware number?
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #4633
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoG View Post
Thanks Joel

Did that now the Esc does not even talk to the desktop software anylonger..
Crazy stuff when you start with software updates...
Got is working again but still no Supercharger, I assume that something is gone on the electronics side...Anybody else got some idea before i go and break the bank once again
FrancoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #4634
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,491
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoG View Post
Hi Gents

Hoping somebody can help or has had a similar problem.

I am running a Novak 17.5 Ballistic with a 2.0 LPF SP Esc with 100422 Software.
The car was great at the last club race.
However, I tried it out today and the Supercharger will not engage.
I did not change any settings etc.
Tried another motor no luck.

Is the ESC Damaged or can it be something else. I have also checked all the wiring and the battery.
for some reason the esc loses calibration with the radio, re calibrate and it should be fine. I'm at the point I just do it everytime I turn it on
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #4635
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 286
Default

Hi all,

new here and to tc racing. I've got a SP GT2.0 Pro and SP 17.5t, I've got the LCD Professional program card and installed the latest software v1.33. I've got loads of questions so appologise if they already been posted I didn't really want to read 300+ pages

Can I use the lcd Professional programmer with out my pc or do I need to use the program card that came with the esc ? if I can use the lcd one how, as if I try it without the pc it just says 'please upgrade software' ?

I presume I set the timing on the motor to 0deg and the adjust timing via the card/pc ?

What are the actual timing values, as in the software interface the AMTS is just listed 1 to 8 ?

That's the main things I'm stuck on at the moment

Thanks.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0