R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #4591
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
What does it mean when my speedie blinks green non stop, but the motor still runs perfectly? I'm running a GT2.0 Pro with a SP v2 4.0t tried different sensor cables, recalibrating still has the green light flashing.

Thanks in advance.

It means that your esc passed in sensorless mode.Very common case on SP and HW speedos.Since you're running a 4.0T motor you cannot feel any difference in performance.But if you run a stock motor with the stock supercharged softwares and for some reason your speedo turns to sensorless you'll see a dramatic performance decrease.And im not so sure if it's always a sensor cable or a sensor issue.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #4592
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlight13 View Post
I need some help. I am running a XeRun 13.5 (2,500kv) motor and SP 422 firmware with an FDR of 7.31 which seems perfect for my medium asphalt track as I hit full speed right at the end of the straight. My motor temp hit 205*F after 5 minutes and the outside air temp was around 75*F. I need it to run cooler, but how??? I thought I was already running conservative settings on my ESC.

My ESC settings are:

4/ 8
9/ 7
12/ 7
13/ 4
14/ 5
15/5

The car seems good all around with speed and braking, but the motor gets waaaay too hot! Please help!
i think you are way under gear I run the SP13.5 geared at a 5.8 on a medium size track and my motor never gets above 125 and my setting on #15 is at value #2. Are you using motor timing? It seems that you may be over reving the motor.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #4593
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (88%+)

I have a GT2.0 with a matching Speed Passion Competition 3.0 motor (4.0 wind).

Does anybody else notice a very metallic sounding, "pinging" sound under load? Everytime I grab throttle, i can't help focusing in on that sound. Other than that, the combo runs superbly.

Anyone else notice this, or is my stuff acting up?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #4594
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i think you are way under gear I run the SP13.5 geared at a 5.8 on a medium size track and my motor never gets above 125 and my setting on #15 is at value #2. Are you using motor timing? It seems that you may be over reving the motor.
My motor has locked timing at 0*. I took my car out to a flat parking lot and ran some "speed runs" with the settings listed above. My car was still accelerating after about 120 feet which is longer than any straightaway on my tracks around me. If I do run a taller FDR, wouldn't it get more speed that I can't use on a track and theoretically put more stress on the motor and raise temps since I race on more technical tracks? I am just asking as I am new to this "timing advance" stuff. I do have enough gears to go from 5.0-8.0 FDR. I have tried 6.5 FDR or so and temps were just as high. I thought gearing higher would make it better, but I guess not.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #4595
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
I need some help. I am running a XeRun 13.5 (2,500kv) motor and SP 422 firmware with an FDR of 7.31 which seems perfect for my medium asphalt track as I hit full speed right at the end of the straight. My motor temp hit 205*F after 5 minutes and the outside air temp was around 75*F. I need it to run cooler, but how??? I thought I was already running conservative settings on my ESC.

My ESC settings are:

4/ 8
9/ 7
12/ 7
13/ 4
14/ 5
15/5

The car seems good all around with speed and braking, but the motor gets waaaay too hot! Please help!

4/ 8
9/ 7
12/ 5
13/ 4
14/ 5
15/6

Gear it a 6.8
I also recommend getting a fan on your motor.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #4596
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
4/ 8
9/ 7
12/ 5
13/ 4
14/ 5
15/6

Gear it a 6.8
Hi! I just want to know, with that motor turn (13.5T / 2500KV) and with the recommended settings, what is the expected final RPM of the motor after the supercharge has kicked in?
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #4597
Tech Initiate

Hey,

I'm new to speedpassion gear so I have a couple of questions:

- I couldn't find any technical spec regarding dimensions and weight of the new SP Gt2.1 ProStock. Does someone of you know it?? Or are does specifications the same as of GT2.0 ??

Is it possible to run it with SP V3.0 13.5T + boost level about 5/6 + without fan on ESC/ Motor without issues?

Does the newest Software (422) keep up with the LRP sxx Stock Spec ESC??

Thx
Shqizy

--> It's so hard to choose between the LRP SXX SS and SP GT2.1 , I would appreciate if someone could answer my question. (Price is nearly the same - with LCD Card of course)
Shqizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #4598
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shqizy View Post
Does the newest Software (422) keep up with the LRP sxx Stock Spec ESC??
422 isn't the latest software but personally I think it is slightly quicker than the sxx, there's very little in it but only one of them is software updateable
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #4599
Tech Initiate

Ok, I though 422 is at least the newest available - which one is the newest and when will it be downloadable?

then only 3 Questions about SP GT2.1 remaining:
dimension ??
weight ?? (not that important, but interesting)
Running boost without Fan (ESC/Motor) ??
Shqizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #4600
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Most likely it will be released with in the week. It will be STOCK and MOD version of this software. It is very successful on the track where Reinhard and other drivers are loving totally loving it, including me.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #4601
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tmkhaw
Default Hobbywing ESC and SP ESC

Hi,

Is there really any difference between the HobbyWing ESC and SP ESC. If they are both the same, what's the equivalent of the SP GT 2.1 model in Hobbywing. One last question if they are the same, can we load the SP software into the Hobbywing ESC? Thanks.
tmkhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #4602
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingaz View Post
I have a GT2.0 with a matching Speed Passion Competition 3.0 motor (4.0 wind).

Does anybody else notice a very metallic sounding, "pinging" sound under load? Everytime I grab throttle, i can't help focusing in on that sound. Other than that, the combo runs superbly.

Anyone else notice this, or is my stuff acting up?
you need to check the rotor shimming in the motor.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #4603
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
4/ 8
9/ 7
12/ 5
13/ 4
14/ 5
15/6

Gear it a 6.8
Thanks for the suggestions. I am getting so frustrated with this thing and I am ready to just go back to "standard" software and race in the RCGT class instead. It seems that I make one small change at a time and nothing helps. I will try changing the numbers you said, lower my FDR a little, and check it out. It is weird that temps were the same when running a 6.5FDR and a 7.31FDR with the same ESC settings. Since I am running circles around all the Tekin's at the track, I can afford to slow it down a bit by taking some of the turbo out to lower temps...
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #4604
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
you need to check the rotor shimming in the motor.
Josh Cyrul put it back together for me at the Reedy... i'm kind of paranoid that if i pull it apart it wont go back together the same.

I'm usually not like that, but i got kinda frazzled because when I went up to Rheinard to ask him about putting my motor back together he shrugged and explained that he doesnt know how because he never takes them apart, haha.

I'll check it out though, thx.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #4605
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I am getting so frustrated with this thing and I am ready to just go back to "standard" software and race in the RCGT class instead. It seems that I make one small change at a time and nothing helps. I will try changing the numbers you said, lower my FDR a little, and check it out. It is weird that temps were the same when running a 6.5FDR and a 7.31FDR with the same ESC settings. Since I am running circles around all the Tekin's at the track, I can afford to slow it down a bit by taking some of the turbo out to lower temps...
Not really sure what to tell you. If you come by the track(Hobbytown Corona) this Sunday, i can take a look at it for you and see. Even though it isn't a SP product, like i said in PM, i will help get you straightened out. I can understand your frustrations, these software based esc's are still in it's infancy so a lot of people are still learning it. So let's get you going this Sunday so you can get some racing in.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote