R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #4501
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
ritchie reynolds, (sky pilot) did very well at the Reedy with his speed passion speedo's and motors. He qualified 7th in the A main in 17.5, and he also qualified in the B main in open mod. In the mains, he did not get any luck at all. from his qualifying position, he would move up, only6 to get hacked by back markers. I think he finished up 7th or 8th over all. not sure.

his driving skills were amazing. he was very consistant. unfortunately, i dont know what his exact settings were. Jeff maurer (racer_x) qualified 7th in the b main. he got up to 4th place in the 1st 1/3rd of the track, and then got mauled by other traffic. he didnt catch up, and finished 8th or 9th. i had a motor wire pull out just before the start of my 4th qualifier, and didnt qualify too good. i ended up in the d main, (out of about 70 racers) and still had issues with the speedo. i still ended up with 20 laps, 2 full laps off the pace.

i will post my settings later. thanks to charlie b, racer-x, and especially sky pilot for the help.
congrats guys will be eager to see your setups
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #4502
Tech Adept

I'm after some base settings for the SP v2.0 lpf please. I'm using a Novak velociti ss 13.5t. I'm running an Xray T2 009 with the 38t diff pulleys, Orion 5400 40c lipo's, the track is medium to high grip carpet and is 24m x 12m the straight is 24m long infield is very technical and good punch is an advantage. I've just updated the firmware on the speedo to 422 using HW lcd box but SP usb link. I have been using a Tekin RS and Redline 10.5t motor but it's too much for the small track fdr was 8 using the 10.5t.
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #4503
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILKO1 View Post
I'm after some base settings for the SP v2.0 lpf please. I'm using a Novak velociti ss 13.5t. I'm running an Xray T2 009 with the 38t diff pulleys, Orion 5400 40c lipo's, the track is medium to high grip carpet and is 24m x 12m the straight is 24m long infield is very technical and good punch is an advantage. I've just updated the firmware on the speedo to 422 using HW lcd box but SP usb link. I have been using a Tekin RS and Redline 10.5t motor but it's too much for the small track fdr was 8 using the 10.5t.
Try this setting, is with a SP v3. 13.5 motor but it should get you in the ball park.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Marcos.J_ESC_Settings_1.pdf (137.4 KB, 207 views)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #4504
Tech Addict

About that setup that go posted above, why do people have the same about of initial break and drag brake, why do they always have the max timing, why no overheat protection, and wh is thz lipo cut of 3v per czell instead of 3.2v ?
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #4505
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

is this the stock Software :090205MOD that comes built in the GT Pro 2.0??

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #4506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hey guys,

is this the stock Software :090205MOD that comes built in the GT Pro 2.0??

cheers

Ali
205mod is for modified class.
For stock you need 422 from the Speedpassion site.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #4507
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
About that setup that go posted above, why do people have the same about of initial break and drag brake, why do they always have the max timing, why no overheat protection, and wh is thz lipo cut of 3v per czell instead of 3.2v ?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he is using those setting because he likes that amount of drag brake and initial break, NOW with 422 you need to max the timing because it is no longer 26 as shown on the sheet it is only 21 degrees.

I only use 10% drag brake, NO initial, and overheat protection ON, and 3.0 volts per cell,
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #4508
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Try this setting, is with a SP v3. 13.5 motor but it should get you in the ball park.
Thanks for that Marcos question about motor timing though, in your set up you show 5 degrees on motor endbell with the Novak and LRP that i have this is not adjustable so i am worried about over timing and cooking the motors. I don't know what the Novak and LRP are set at from the factory various forums state different timings
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #4509
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for that Marcos question about motor timing though, in your set up you show 5 degrees on motor endbell with the Novak and LRP that i have this is not adjustable so i am worried about over timing and cooking the motors. I don't know what the Novak and LRP are set at from the factory various forums state different timings
pull back the AMTS timing to setting 3 or 4 and start there watching motor temps and lap times. Also setting 12 and 15 start around 4 or 5 and go up 1 change at a time.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #4510
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
pull back the AMTS timing to setting 3 or 4 and start there watching motor temps and lap times. Also setting 12 and 15 start around 4 or 5 and go up 1 change at a time.
Razzor, out of the 3 esc's, Rs Pro, Gt Pro, and 120, which one do u like the best out of curiosity?
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #4511
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default roar regulations

Guys, not sure if this has been covered already - been away from the forums for 6 weeks....But just reading the new ROAR RULES for sportsman - does this have any remafactions to Stock and below?
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #4512
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
205mod is for modified class.
For stock you need 422 from the Speedpassion site.
thanks for the answer, am planning on running mod motor, so does the gt pro 2.0 comes with the 205 mod software out of the box??? or do i have to update it from the SP site??

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #4513
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
thanks for the answer, am planning on running mod motor, so does the gt pro 2.0 comes with the 205 mod software out of the box??? or do i have to update it from the SP site??

cheers

Ali
it's True The Speed Passion GT 2.0 Pro is designed for MOD, so it is build in 205G MOD, you need not updates for 205G
unless other MOD Firmware version if you need it.
Good Luck!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #4514
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

5 degrees is the default timing for the sp.
I would leave the timing of what ever motor you have at default. Don't advance the motor timing all you are doing is creating more unnecessary heat.

Quote:
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #4515
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Razzor, out of the 3 esc's, Rs Pro, Gt Pro, and 120, which one do u like the best out of curiosity?
I think they the best of the rest.
The Tekin for its size and performance is great and i feel its got a bit more punch and is the bench mark for stock esc's. In mod its a bit tempremental and prone to overheating. I also have only ever used Tekin in my brushed racing and still run my old 410K in the silver can class.
The SP/HW i like for its ease to work on and make changes with the programmer as well as its awesome reliability. In mod i think its one of, if not the best esc available. The SP GT v1 was the first brushless esc i bought and have stuck to them over the last 3 years or so. Seen too many failures and problems with other makes to justify changing.
Bonus is these are the best supported esc's on RCtech