The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
BUMP
You need the pro version to run mod with, the LPF isn't wired the same and you'll cook the speedo with the extra juice the mod motor pulls. Thats why the LPF version is cheaper than the Pro, because they're cheaper to produce for those that don't run mod. I had tried it with a GTB once and 5 laps into it the speedo died and hot wired the battery to the motor.. 4.0 in a B44.. it wasn't pretty.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey guys I need a good stating fdr and set up for a sp v3 5.5 running the 205 software. Thanks
Old 05-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

okay this would problaby already posted. but search isn't working for me for some stupid reason.

well with the new software i'm lookin for a decemt starting setup for

motor 17.5 trinity red can i think it a duo
chassi tc5

track surface asphalt
it would be about your short to medium prep decent infiild from tech to non lap tmes around the 14sec mark thanks any info will greatly appreciated
Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyrrus
okay this would problaby already posted. but search isn't working for me for some stupid reason.

well with the new software i'm lookin for a decemt starting setup for

motor 17.5 trinity red can i think it a duo
chassi tc5

track surface asphalt
it would be about your short to medium prep decent infiild from tech to non lap tmes around the 14sec mark thanks any info will greatly appreciated
i dont run 17.5 but i think if you go to sp site there is a couple of driver setup sheets on there
Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey cool will check it out, and thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
Thank you for the clarification with Hobbywing information. I am unaware about what/how hobbywing define their own 422 software. I am just trying not to apply their thinking onto my SPEED PASSION speedo control and software and expect to have the same performance like Hobbywing does.

DMTS setup @ 1 is test proved and will work without problem....he can try 4 or 5 after temping the motor and speed. It is his options.

I have Marc Rheinard, Viktor Wilck, Yannic Prümper's setup....will have that post on Speed Passion website once they are done.
the 205g feel just too soft on DRRS.

any way, Last time i know only Speed Passion had first the DRRS Reach Level 12

which i think has not yet been implemented inside 205g
Stock ware and SC ware. , infact HW didn't have capability to reach Level 12
yet.

so we think 205g / Mod Software need to be revised ?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I finally got to the track with 422 and a SP v3 17.5, I used the settings marcos posted, started out geared a little higher to check temps and it was running at 150 after 6 mins, I ended up gearing up a bit but didn't finish that race, so I'm not sure of final temp, but I can say that I was keeping up with the tekins finally. I like the powerband of the this speedo better and even with brakes a tad on the weak side, at least they work everytime, unlike the RS.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
RBB
Tech Rookie

Default ESC temp cut off

Hi guys !

i´m runing a SP ESC GT 2.0 with the latest firmaware for MOD, i´m using a 3.5T comp 2.0 in a XRAY t3 in mod class.Using a FDR of 8.75.

the esc is with the following configuration :

1-1
2-1
3- 2,8V
4- 7
5 -3
1 -1
1-1
1-1
9-8
10 - 1

since i´m using the temp cut off the esc stops after 4 and a half minutes, when the motor temperature is arround 75 degrees celcius.

It is advisable to turn off the temp cutt off dunction ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

RBB
Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RBB
Hi guys !

i´m runing a SP ESC GT 2.0 with the latest firmaware for MOD, i´m using a 3.5T comp 2.0 in a XRAY t3 in mod class.Using a FDR of 8.75.

the esc is with the following configuration :

1-1
2-1
3- 2,8V
4- 7
5 -3
1 -1
1-1
1-1
9-8
10 - 1

since i´m using the temp cut off the esc stops after 4 and a half minutes, when the motor temperature is arround 75 degrees celcius.

It is advisable to turn off the temp cutt off dunction ?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

RBB
Hi,

Disable your temperature protection and change lower your DRRS (power) setting. Outdoors on a big IIC track i run my DRRS on setting 1 - 3 with a 3.5.

hope this solves it =)

Stefan C - Team Xray - SP - King Golden ltd
Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have heard there is a company blue printing the new V3.0 motors and selling them, I was wondering if anyone has a website for this company?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I have heard there is a company blue printing the new V3.0 motors and selling them, I was wondering if anyone has a website for this company?
Maybe it was this guy?

http://bossrcmotorsports.com/

http://www.rctech.net/forum/team-com...torsports.html
Old 05-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I finally got to the track with 422 and a SP v3 17.5, I used the settings marcos posted, started out geared a little higher to check temps and it was running at 150 after 6 mins, I ended up gearing up a bit but didn't finish that race, so I'm not sure of final temp, but I can say that I was keeping up with the tekins finally. I like the powerband of the this speedo better and even with brakes a tad on the weak side, at least they work everytime, unlike the RS.
Hey Mike try going up one on #15 and that should bring the temps down some. I ran mine today with the same settings and it came off at 150 (but that was outdoots in the Florida heat)
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

ritchie reynolds, (sky pilot) did very well at the Reedy with his speed passion speedo's and motors. He qualified 7th in the A main in 17.5, and he also qualified in the B main in open mod. In the mains, he did not get any luck at all. from his qualifying position, he would move up, only6 to get hacked by back markers. I think he finished up 7th or 8th over all. not sure.

his driving skills were amazing. he was very consistant. unfortunately, i dont know what his exact settings were. Jeff maurer (racer_x) qualified 7th in the b main. he got up to 4th place in the 1st 1/3rd of the track, and then got mauled by other traffic. he didnt catch up, and finished 8th or 9th. i had a motor wire pull out just before the start of my 4th qualifier, and didnt qualify too good. i ended up in the d main, (out of about 70 racers) and still had issues with the speedo. i still ended up with 20 laps, 2 full laps off the pace.

i will post my settings later. thanks to charlie b, racer-x, and especially sky pilot for the help.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
ritchie reynolds, (sky pilot) did very well at the Reedy with his speed passion speedo's and motors. He qualified 7th in the A main in 17.5, and he also qualified in the B main in open mod. In the mains, he did not get any luck at all. from his qualifying position, he would move up, only6 to get hacked by back markers. I think he finished up 7th or 8th over all. not sure.

his driving skills were amazing. he was very consistant. unfortunately, i dont know what his exact settings were. Jeff maurer (racer_x) qualified 7th in the b main. he got up to 4th place in the 1st 1/3rd of the track, and then got mauled by other traffic. he didnt catch up, and finished 8th or 9th. i had a motor wire pull out just before the start of my 4th qualifier, and didnt qualify too good. i ended up in the d main, (out of about 70 racers) and still had issues with the speedo. i still ended up with 20 laps, 2 full laps off the pace.

i will post my settings later. thanks to charlie b, racer-x, and especially sky pilot for the help.
Congrats SP drivers on an exceptional showing at Reedy. I wish i was there. We will only get better from here...i promise!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.