R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #4456
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesbane View Post
Hi guys I`m in a bit of a bind, I just bought a new stock spec GT2.1 it`s had latest FW upgrade and running a new SP 17.5, It won`t rev over about 25%, at full throttle. Checked every thing I can think of, light flashing in bottom of esc, any one have any ideas? I have state titles this weekend, so could really use a quick fix, cheers, Dave.
The flashing light indicates a sensor issue (ie, the speedo is running sensorless).

Try changing your sensor lead, if that doesn't help it clean the sensor board or look at changing out the sensor board.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #4457
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankgw View Post
Hi,

I'm confused about the new GT2.1 Prostock ESC.

Can somebody from SP please give a definitive answer about whether or not the GT2.1 can run low turn MOD motors or not, please? I've searched through this forum and found conflicting answers.
I'm aware that you need to change to the MOD firmware to do it, I don't have a problem with that. Just want to know if it's the same as the GT2.0 Pro inside. If not, why is it the same price?

Also, I can't find any specs for the GT2.1 either. I'd like to know max current, resistance, etc. Anyone have a link to that info?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Frank
I'll try to answer your question. I have both escs and the circuit has the same number. For my limited knowledge, that means it's the same.

GT 2.0 can be and used for stock (with appropriate software) although it could reach high temperatures, while the GT 2.1 having the alloy upper case and larger fan will guarantee less generated heat.

So I guess it can be used for modified (again with appropriate software) and to tell you the truth I'm going to give it try next time I go to a track

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #4458
Tech Initiate

Thanks Bigger Brother, the guys down at the track said something similar, I changed sensor wires four times and motors twice, thing is, I tried a friends system in my car, it was a 2.0 though, but it did the same thing, got me stumped, thanks though, Dave.
wolvesbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #4459
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spdrac430 Send a message via Yahoo to spdrac430

Is their any advantages with the new software for the lpf gt2.0 for 2wd stock of road #100422stock if so i just would like to know what a safe setting would be once its downloaded

Trick Graphics
Heart of a Hustler Racing Team
spdrac430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4460
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks Bigger Brother, the guys down at the track said something similar, I changed sensor wires four times and motors twice, thing is, I tried a friends system in my car, it was a 2.0 though, but it did the same thing, got me stumped, thanks though, Dave.
Calibrate it again to the radio. Also check your battery
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #4461
Tech Initiate

Hi Marcos.J, it was recalibrated by me and a few others who run SP, just in case I did it wrong, the packs are new IP 5600`s, cheers for the reply though, Dave.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #4462
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Marcos.J, it was recalibrated by me and a few others who run SP, just in case I did it wrong, the packs are new IP 5600`s, cheers for the reply though, Dave.
Have you tried reversing your throttle signal and recalibrating?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #4463
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrac430 View Post
Is their any advantages with the new software for the lpf gt2.0 for 2wd stock of road #100422stock if so i just would like to know what a safe setting would be once its downloaded
The advantage is you get the Supercharger. I am not sure what you mean by "safe" setting, but i would start your settings like this.

9/8
12/6
13/3
14/2
15/5

For more bottom end, go lower on #15. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #4464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
I would probably not run setting 9 at 1. All that would do is make the car have a ton of torque and no top speed. Also it would negate the timing change system. Why bother having the new software if you are not going to use it?

With 205 we used 26 degrees flat line thoughout the range with no troubles. So why not have setting 9 at say5-8? I would not run any turbo though. I would make the start rpm very high and setting 15 should be quite a high to keep it cool.

But to be honest a 3T would be no good however you set it up. Europes best drivers were using 4T+ from what I have seen in reports on that huge track. Rubber tyres can only grip so much.

Mike
Mike...item 9 is on 0 degree because using 100422 software on 3T or 4T motor, we are relying on item 12 and 15 (supercharger related) for the extra timing that will replaced the item 9 timing compare to using software like 205g that has no supercharger feature.

If we add DMTS timing like 12* on item 9, then we have to force to turn down (or even off) item 12 and 15, to close to nothing in order NOT to blow up the 3T motor....but if we are replying on item 9 for timing, really, why bother to use the 100422 software? Simply use the 205g with item 9 on 9* and run the motor.

That setting above was submitted by SP drivers over Europe for start up. I did that on my 4.5T motor at a 225 foot track and there are no such thing is too much torque. I can't last more then 3 laps cause my Sweep 36 tires were off the rim...seriously.

For your information, Supercharger/TURBO on MOD motor is the new game...take a look at the recently overed ETS race that Hara won, Marc and Vikter 2nd and 3rd, using SP V3 4.0T motor and GT2 with Supercharger software....without turbo or supercharger, you are not even close to being ready to race. 205g won't cut it...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #4465
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
I must add that there V2 motor for high end competition.
Actually, because SP forgot to send the V3 motors for homologation to IFMAR V2 are the motors SP drivers will.

Having run both (4.5t) I must say that both are very fast and reliable. V3 apart from the obvious advantage of swaping motors fast and hassle free, they are colder although they need to gear them higher
Yes...you are correct. I did not think about he might be asking about the Competition Verion 2 instead of the Ultrasportman Verion 2 motor.

I have teh Competition 2 and Competition 3...beside the V3 connection without soldering, they are both fast and cool...low turn motor, with software enhance, I really cannot tell how much of a different.

HOW FAST CAN YOU GO...?
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #4466
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Mike...item 9 is on 0 degree because using 100422 software on 3T or 4T motor, we are relying on item 12 and 15 (supercharger related) for the extra timing that will replaced the item 9 timing compare to using software like 205g that has no supercharger feature.

If we add DMTS timing like 12* on item 9, then we have to force to turn down (or even off) item 12 and 15, to close to nothing in order NOT to blow up the 3T motor....but if we are replying on item 9 for timing, really, why bother to use the 100422 software? Simply use the 205g with item 9 on 9* and run the motor.

That setting above was submitted by SP drivers over Europe for start up. I did that on my 4.5T motor at a 225 foot track and there are no such thing is too much torque. I can't last more then 3 laps cause my Sweep 36 tires were off the rim...seriously.

For your information, Supercharger/TURBO on MOD motor is the new game...take a look at the recently overed ETS race that Hara won, Marc and Vikter 2nd and 3rd, using SP V3 4.0T motor and GT2 with Supercharger software....without turbo or supercharger, you are not even close to being ready to race. 205g won't cut it...
Sorry man but I think you have it totally wrong... obviously you havent read HW definitive guide to how 422 works. The real benefit of 422 has nothing to do with the turbo... Its is the fact that it has dynamic timing. Turbo is just a bad name.

The real reason 422 and 518 way out perform 230/231/324/410 is because they were esentially like 205 or others but with turbo.

422 is completely different and will make the motor run much cooler because of the dynamic timing (not anything at all to do with turbo) and also much faster.

#9 is boost timing max of 21 degrees (or 26 on SP although I think it really is 21)
#12 is turbo timing max of 8 degrees
#13 is boost start RPM
#14 is turbo delay
#15 is timing punch (the amount of RPM needed for an increase of 1 degree after the boost start RPM and note:nothing to do with turbo)

Example #A: When motor speed reaches 4500RPM, the ESC begins to increase the internal timing with the
step of 1 Degree per 200 RPM increment.
Example #B: When motor speed reaches 6000RPM, the ESC begins to increase the internal timing with the
step of 1 Degree per 300 RPM increment.
Because Example #A uses lower Boost Start RPM and lower Timing Punch settings, it products a faster
internal timing increase, that means the motor has a faster acceleration, but the motor will be hotter.

In the very near future there will be no turbo option. It is just a bandage for programming that isn't quite right.
Mike

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 05-26-2010 at 06:15 PM.
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #4467
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
I'll try to answer your question. I have both escs and the circuit has the same number. For my limited knowledge, that means it's the same.

GT 2.0 can be and used for stock (with appropriate software) although it could reach high temperatures, while the GT 2.1 having the alloy upper case and larger fan will guarantee less generated heat.

So I guess it can be used for modified (again with appropriate software) and to tell you the truth I'm going to give it try next time I go to a track
Thanks for the reply nnick.

It's interesting that both ESCs have the same circuit (board) number. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they have the same quality components.

Please, can someone from SP tell us the difference, apart from the firmware, between the GT2.0 Pro and the GT2.1 Prostock? And give us some specs for the GT2.1, please.
Shawn, Adam, anyone?

Cheers, Frank
Frankgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #4468
Tech Initiate

Thanks MikeXray, that was about the only thing I hadn`t tried, I just did it now, but same thing, no throttle, seems I just got a dud, thanks for your input guys, cheers, Dave.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #4469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so anyone use the new sofewear with the LRP X12 17.5?
what FDR would you run on an 50 by 100 track
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #4470
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankgw View Post
Thanks for the reply nnick.

It's interesting that both ESCs have the same circuit (board) number. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they have the same quality components.

Please, can someone from SP tell us the difference, apart from the firmware, between the GT2.0 Pro and the GT2.1 Prostock? And give us some specs for the GT2.1, please.
Shawn, Adam, anyone?

Cheers, Frank
just check back for replies from Shawn. If i remember correctly he said the esc can run mod but you have to change teh software to suit.
The GT 2.1 comes with v110 software installed.
Do find it odd that SP doesnt list the specs on the website of have the manual listed.
Anyone who is running the GT2.1 please check specs on your esc box or in the manual.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote