R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #4216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are there any differences between this release when compared to the Hobby Wing one?

The interface is the same as the old one.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #4217
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Are there any differences between this release when compared to the Hobby Wing one?

The interface is the same as the old one.

I am not sure what the differences are, I am wiating to load it in my esc. I have heard that there are more values. BTW I would be extremly careful loading another companies software into another companies speedo NOW. Im just saying ......you could end up with a nice looking paper weight....
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #4218
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Gonna be testing the 13.5 and hopefully 10.5 this weekend with the new software. Hopefully the set up sheets will be up on the site soon.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #4219
Tech Adept

just down loaded the 422 from sp. you got to be kidding me. its the same as hw 422.
only difference is sc rpm delay. hw 3000-15000 sp 4000- 12000
hw much easier to read/understand.
i thought/was led to belive that sp were going to have rev counters etc like cirtex?
is this it? what weve been waiting for? please tell me it runs different, that its better than hw422.
am i mising something?
mardave

Last edited by xrayal; 05-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #4220
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
I am not sure what the differences are, I am wiating to load it in my esc. I have heard that there are more values. BTW I would be extremly careful loading another companies software into another companies speedo NOW. Im just saying ......you could end up with a nice looking paper weight....
ive got hw422 on my spgt2.0 its a rocket not a paper weight. 3rd in the a 1st time out. bye bye tekin gm.
for the last time, they are the same hw/sp sp/hw.
mardave
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #4221
Tech Fanatic

K, I was just saying. I think they are at a split...Now programing wise anyways. Things could change but after all that has gone on lately I would not be surprised if the other company started competing more and more now. Who really knows but I know some people in the know and they suggest not running backwards softwares at all now. What happens if you need it serviced and they get it form you and it ahd FM X on it? I bet they dont service it.= Paper weight. I have run the software x and it was fast but I would just rather use the Speed passion version on my Speed Passion Esc.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #4222
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
ive got hw422 on my spgt2.0 its a rocket not a paper weight. 3rd in the a 1st time out. bye bye tekin gm.
for the last time, they are the same hw/sp sp/hw.
Watch it dude some people have been banned in this thread for making that argument. Its one of those unwritten things that we all already know...
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #4223
Tech Fanatic

To th guys that have tested the new 1.33, has anyone done anything with 1s lipo in WGT? I have heard its not like the 203 but....what are your takes if you have run it. I guess really even the Brand X firmware, how did it do for you. Were you using booster or a receiver pack? 13.5 or 10.5.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #4224
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Watch it dude some people have been banned in this thread for making that argument. Its one of those unwritten things that we all already know...
+1
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #4225
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Quote:
K, I was just saying. I think they are at a split...Now programing wise anyways. Things could change but after all that has gone on lately I would not be surprised if the other company started competing more and more now. Who really knows but I know some people in the know and they suggest not running backwards softwares at all now. What happens if you need it serviced and they get it form you and it ahd FM X on it? I bet they dont service it.= Paper weight. I have run the software x and it was fast but I would just rather use the Speed passion version on my Speed Passion Esc.
If you needed it serviced surely you would just stick the original firmware back on.
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #4226
Tech Fanatic

k...your right.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #4227
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Usually the case..
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #4228
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Quote:
if it blows it blows. if it blows your gonna pay.422 is 422 whether its sp or hw.
i know a few tekin divers that have blown motors, and one in particular that blew two speedos in one meeting...............
gm-a nightmare to program......
whatever software you run, you get the settings wrong and your going to see a lot of smoke!
i like the fact that sp is cheaper than the gm/tekin and now just as fast. im hoping charlie b can tell me that the sp422 is better than the hw422, but with only one paramiter having different values i cant see it. ill try it on friday night,
ive tried 231, 318,324,410 and now 422.
normally when you go from hw to sp on your desk top it says please upgrade software, however this time it dont. must be the same software???????????
weve waited a while for the new release,and its here, not that long after hw released theirs. only one difference? please tell me im wrong. if im not sp are going to lose a lot of customers (hw being half the price of sp)
we were told its going to be worth the wait etc, looks like it could be that its only for the warranty side of things. although the hw is still beta whereas this is final? will someone from sp please tell me its going to run better.come on youve been testing like myself for quite some time. is it????????
mardave

Last edited by xrayal; 05-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #4229
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
if it blows it blows. if it blows your gonna pay.422 is 422 whether its sp or hw.
i know a few tekin divers that have blown motors, and one in particular that blew two speedos in one meeting...............
gm-a nightmare to program......
whatever software you run, you get the settings wrong and your going to see a lot of smoke!
i like the fact that sp is cheaper than the gm/tekin and now just as fast. im hoping charlie b can tell me that the sp422 is better than the hw422, but with only one paramiter having different values i cant see it. ill try it on friday night,
ive tried 231, 318,324,410 and now 422.
normally when you go from hw to sp on your desk top it says please upgrade software, however this time it dont. must be the same software???????????
weve waited a while for the new release,and its here, not that long after hw released theirs. only one difference? please tell me im wrong. if im not sp are going to lose a lot of customers (hw being half the price of sp)
we were told its going to be worth the wait etc, looks like it could be that its only for the warranty side of things. although the hw is still beta whereas this is final? will someone from sp please tell me its going to run better.come on youve been testing like myself for quite some time. is it????????
Hope you have another account cause your just screaming to be banned. Ask Cherry what happened to him. We already know the deal only question is do you want your stuff to say HW or SP its all about money.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #4230
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Hope you have another account cause your just screaming to be banned. Ask Cherry what happened to him. We already know the deal only question is do you want your stuff to say HW or SP its all about money.
cherrys always getting banned, we speak quite often, if you get banned for saying how it is then so be it. we are used to freedom of speech. i know this is the speed passion thread. only things related to speed passion. i think i have said what relates to speed passion. the similarities between the both hw and sp. i run sp speedos and motors. i dont see the problem. the bottom line is some dont want others to know you can get the same performance for less money. like you say above, its a badge and money thats the only difference .im not sponsered, i pay full price, no discount, i choose speed passion. but to say we are working on it, and then bring the same software out and claim its different?come on.looks like i better get my ball ready......
mardave