Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

THAT is how reverse works, you have it turned on, flashing the software will not cure your problem, which actually isn't a problem, its just how the esc works. if you have program card its just a 1 minute change to turn on and off.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Solara
That is a throttle profile...I would say using stock motor, should be around 7, 8 or 9....if using MOD motor, may be 5, 6 or 7....I don't think using 4 is necessary.

Also, using 9 (most aggressive) does not get me faster lap time...just add more heat onto the motor. And it is a personal preference, may be you find it 0.1 faster then 7 or 8...but all my setup are between 7 or 8...7 for small tight track and 8 for bigger more open track.
thanks for the explanation, i had an experiment at the weekend and turned #4 down to 5 and the supercharger didnt kick in. put it back to 7 and it did.

the track i race at has a 45metre straight so i might try #4 at 8 and see if i get any improvement. what i really need now though is better handling as i am finding it difficult handling all the extra speed and power( started racing this year in january). im finding now that i cant find the apexes of the corners and my lap times are suffering, lol.

any advice on driving skills would be appreciated
Old 05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrissyred
thanks for the explanation, i had an experiment at the weekend and turned #4 down to 5 and the supercharger didnt kick in. put it back to 7 and it did.

the track i race at has a 45metre straight so i might try #4 at 8 and see if i get any improvement. what i really need now though is better handling as i am finding it difficult handling all the extra speed and power( started racing this year in january). im finding now that i cant find the apexes of the corners and my lap times are suffering, lol.

be smooth and practice practice practice
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I have a 17.5 3.0 and the sensor wants to slide around on me. Is there a way to fix this. Right now I have it stuck on 0 I really want to be able to play with the motor timing. What are the timing settings you guys are using with this motor?Also Is 0deg of timing really 0 degrees or is it 30 or something like a Novak?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi, just need some help. i am running the SP GT2.0 PRO on a 12th scale with 1S 3.7v Lipo and a 6.6v LiFe receiver pack.

-i have problem using the LCD program box with 1S Lipo, i need connect to a 2S Lipo. is it normal?

-do i have to set the voltage cut-off to none before i can bind the esc and transmmiter?

-do i use all the 3 wires(black, red, white) that connect between the ESC and receiver?

-which esc firmware is best suit for 12th scale 4.0T motor
Old 05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrissyred

SP is currently working on the "Atsushi Hara" driving skills V1.0 for download in the future...(just kidding)
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Have a few questions. Hope someone can help.
Just received a GT 1.1 and was wondering about a manual. There isn't one on the speed passion site. Do i just use the GT 2.0 manual? I did use it for the throttle calibration.
Also the program card lit up once, i changed a value and then it went dark.
Finally would it be worth while getting the LCD programmer for this esc?

Thanks, Pete
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pfindeis
Have a few questions. Hope someone can help.
Just received a GT 1.1 and was wondering about a manual. There isn't one on the speed passion site. Do i just use the GT 2.0 manual? I did use it for the throttle calibration.
Also the program card lit up once, i changed a value and then it went dark.
Finally would it be worth while getting the LCD programmer for this esc?

Thanks, Pete
i might be able to copy and post a manual i have for that esc , make sure u have a fully charged battery when programing, and you cant upgrade firmware so no reason to get a lcd programmer hope this helps
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lastsun
hi, just need some help. i am running the SP GT2.0 PRO on a 12th scale with 1S 3.7v Lipo and a 6.6v LiFe receiver pack.

-i have problem using the LCD program box with 1S Lipo, i need connect to a 2S Lipo. is it normal?

-do i have to set the voltage cut-off to none before i can bind the esc and transmmiter?

-do i use all the 3 wires(black, red, white) that connect between the ESC and receiver?

-which esc firmware is best suit for 12th scale 4.0T motor
yes i always use 2s to program my 1s car i would set voltage cut off at 3.0 and yes use all 3 wires just remember not to turn the esc switch on with receiver pack hooked up it will cook instantly as far as software with a mod motor (4.0t) u should use 205g or 323a if u try to use supercharger software you will cook your motor
Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
I have a 17.5 3.0 and the sensor wants to slide around on me. Is there a way to fix this. Right now I have it stuck on 0 I really want to be able to play with the motor timing. What are the timing settings you guys are using with this motor?Also Is 0deg of timing really 0 degrees or is it 30 or something like a Novak?

Thanks
what software are you running?
if your using beta software you want less motor timing it just causes more heat if you use motor timing.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
THAT is how reverse works, you have it turned on, flashing the software will not cure your problem, which actually isn't a problem, its just how the esc works. if you have program card its just a 1 minute change to turn on and off.
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I know it only takes a minute to change it on to off, but i was trying to see if there was possibly something wrong with the esc. I clearly just wanted to keep reverse and be able to "double tap" the brakes...if that's how the esc works then i'll just have to deal with it.

thank you guys again.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Very fast irgo.I sent them 2 speedos,one still under warranty and the other out of warranty and i had them repaired in my door after 12 days.They charged me only for shipping (34.00 USD with DHL).
no, it's been more than 12 days now.
since the Speed Passion product arrived in King Golden HK
and still waiting from factory at ShenZhen.

until now there is no report about it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
no, it's been more than 12 days now.
since the Speed Passion product arrived in King Golden HK
and still waiting from factory at ShenZhen.

until now there is no report about it.
I don't understand.It's a SP or a HW product? Are you sure you sent it to the right address (4rd Floor, 3th Building, KeLunTe...) with the warranty-non warranty form they asking?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I don't understand.It's a SP or a HW product? Are you sure you sent it to the right address (4rd Floor, 3th Building, KeLunTe...) with the warranty-non warranty form they asking?
it's a Speed Passion Product, Through Speed Passion King Golden at HK
with warranty
and they Send it to factory which is at China ShenZhen.

and it was Hobbywing Factory.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
it's a Speed Passion Product, Through Speed Passion King Golden at HK
with warranty
and they Send it to factory which is at China ShenZhen.

and it was Hobbywing Factory.
Are you allowed to say that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.