R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #3991
Tech Initiate
 
FrenchFries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 21
Default

Hii....

Did anybody try..to used 13.5r and compare it to 11.5r (with SP GT 2.0 esc used beta firmware)...seems the 11.5 tends to overheating more than 13.5r???.....say we used it for 8 Mnts race....which one better???
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #3992
Tech Apprentice
 
the catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 422 software

Hobbywing .com have the new software on there site (still beta version) and someone at my club has installed onto a SP 2.0 pro . ROCKET
the catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #3993
tns
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 80
Default turbo software with shaft driven car?

Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone is running the beta software with a shaft driven car? I'm running a TB03, and I know that shaft cars are known to be really difficult to control with mod motors. Would using this software make a 11.5t motor too fast to be used in my car?

Thanks!
tns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #3994
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchFries View Post
Hii....

Did anybody try..to used 13.5r and compare it to 11.5r (with SP GT 2.0 esc used beta firmware)...seems the 11.5 tends to overheating more than 13.5r???.....say we used it for 8 Mnts race....which one better???
Motor itself SHOULD NOT getting hotter compare to the other if you gear it right and have the right setting on software. Just like the old time...you don't gear the 8T mod motor the same way you gear the 27T motor, so does their timing...same idea on 11.5 vs 13.5

Your gearing on 11.5 motor must be higher then the 13.5 motor...your software setting on 11.5 motor must be "softer" then the 13.5...and for 8 minutes racing, both of the setting must get "tuned down" compare to the 5-6 minutes racing.

If there are no limit about which motor to use at your race...the 13.5 with the latest software MIGHT have the edge over the 11.5 is not because 13.5 is faster....it is because the software can squeeze out most of the juice from the 13.5 motor, the power band on 13.5 is wider and adjustability from the software with the 13.5 is wider then 11.5....11.5 is like 10.5, is very much pushing the limit of the SC software, feel like you are at the border line of getting the fastest motor or your motor will melt in next lap.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #3995
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tns View Post
Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone is running the beta software with a shaft driven car? I'm running a TB03, and I know that shaft cars are known to be really difficult to control with mod motors. Would using this software make a 11.5t motor too fast to be used in my car?

Thanks!
No car is easy to control with MOD motor...it is all about SETUP, it has nothing to do with the design of the drivetrain, like shaft or belt, 4WD or FWD or 2WD....

Atsushi Hara won the WORLD event with the PRO 4 over the belts car years ago, with MOD motor.

But you have 1 concern...how long can the pinion/spur (your gear box) last with the MOD or SC software...that is the reason why I will not get back to shaft because BELT will never fail like shaft does. Shaft cars tend to get the pinion/spur gears (in the gear box) stripped due to the massive power by the SC or Turbo or Mod motor...
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #3996
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
No car is easy to control with MOD motor...it is all about SETUP, it has nothing to do with the design of the drivetrain, like shaft or belt, 4WD or FWD or 2WD....

Atsushi Hara won the WORLD event with the PRO 4 over the belts car years ago, with MOD motor.

But you have 1 concern...how long can the pinion/spur (your gear box) last with the MOD or SC software...that is the reason why I will not get back to shaft because BELT will never fail like shaft does. Shaft cars tend to get the pinion/spur gears (in the gear box) stripped due to the massive power by the SC or Turbo or Mod motor...
I'm afraid he didn't. His word title was with a belt-drive Yokomo, all the world's since then have also been won by belt cars (either Tamiya or HB).

The torque steer on shaft cars DOES make them hard to drive when there is more power than grip. The world's best drivers can hustle anything around, for most of us we need something easy to drive for five minutes - belts are the answer.

Belts will fail. Probably more likely than with a well engineered and prepared shaft car.

tns - I doubt that the software will make the motor too fast for the car, it is a sound design if you add a couple of well chosen hop-ups. But it may be too fast for the conditions or for your skills!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #3997
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

hi can anyone give me any info on setting my cars esc's up , both are sp lpf speedos on the 231 software and both speedos are set up the same ....

my settings are ..
no. 4 drrs : 7
no .9 amts : 4

no. 12 : 3
no. 13 :1
no. 14 : 2
no. 15 : 5

both cars are quite quick ( both schumacher mi4's ) ..

my tarmac mi4 has a novak balistic 17.5t , its not quite quick enough on the main straight and the motor is getting a bit warm .. and has a fdr of 5.28 ....

my other mi4 is used on carpet and last night was the first time it was run with a sp esc ... again its quite quick , but the motor is getting hot .. this has a novak ss 13.5t . my fdr was at 6.95 last night , ( when its normaly 5.88 when i use a nosram matrix istc esc ) .. but last night i turned the turbo off for the final , to try and get the motor to cool down .. but it still didnt ... any help is appreciated ...........
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #3998
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
hi can anyone give me any info on setting my cars esc's up , both are sp lpf speedos on the 231 software and both speedos are set up the same ....

my settings are ..
no. 4 drrs : 7
no .9 amts : 4

no. 12 : 3
no. 13 :1
no. 14 : 2
no. 15 : 5

both cars are quite quick ( both schumacher mi4's ) ..

my tarmac mi4 has a novak balistic 17.5t , its not quite quick enough on the main straight and the motor is getting a bit warm .. and has a fdr of 5.28 ....

my other mi4 is used on carpet and last night was the first time it was run with a sp esc ... again its quite quick , but the motor is getting hot .. this has a novak ss 13.5t . my fdr was at 6.95 last night , ( when its normaly 5.88 when i use a nosram matrix istc esc ) .. but last night i turned the turbo off for the final , to try and get the motor to cool down .. but it still didnt ... any help is appreciated ...........
What sort of temperatures where you getting ?
I've got pretty good results from the 230 software, but then my motor was coming off at around 78 degrees C which is on the hot side but not too extreme - could let you have those settings if you want.
Graham Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #3999
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Oliver View Post
What sort of temperatures where you getting ?
I've got pretty good results from the 230 software, but then my motor was coming off at around 78 degrees C which is on the hot side but not too extreme - could let you have those settings if you want.
it said 160 fareheit , but it felt bloody hot !!!
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #4000
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,591
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
it said 160 fareheit , but it felt bloody hot !!!
Shaun, sounds like you are winding out too high. Raise your boost(12) to about 5 or 6 and try that. Also, raise your AMTS to 8. Not sure how long your straight is so i couldn't tell you what to gear it, but from the sound of it, you need to add a couple of teeth onto your pinion.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #4001
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

at the track for some testing thanks Charlie for the settings , I will keep you updated
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #4002
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Shaun, sounds like you are winding out too high. Raise your boost(12) to about 5 or 6 and try that. Also, raise your AMTS to 8. Not sure how long your straight is so i couldn't tell you what to gear it, but from the sound of it, you need to add a couple of teeth onto your pinion.
cheers for your help .. i was'nt sure if they should have been set higher , i thought it would have got it alot hotter ...would puting a bigger pinion make it hotter.. but i will change it now and try it tomorrow on a outdoor meeting.... cheers
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #4003
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,591
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
cheers for your help .. i was'nt sure if they should have been set higher , i thought it would have got it alot hotter ...would puting a bigger pinion make it hotter.. but i will change it now and try it tomorrow on a outdoor meeting.... cheers
A bigger pinion would make it hotter, If you are over geared. You also will overheat your motor is you are UNDERgeared. So finding the sweetspot is the key.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #4004
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,488
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchFries View Post
Hii....

Did anybody try..to used 13.5r and compare it to 11.5r (with SP GT 2.0 esc used beta firmware)...seems the 11.5 tends to overheating more than 13.5r???.....say we used it for 8 Mnts race....which one better???
Lately I have been doing more mod then stock (17.5) so i have been testing most of the new software with what I would consider mod motors, 13.5. 10.5 9.5 and 8.5 the 8.5 got the hottest at 175 degrees, the rest of the motors heat was not an issue. I believe that maybe some are gearing to high and the motors are being "wound out" and that is creating the heat. I have been able to get a 8.5 to run on par with a 4.5 other then bottom end rip out of a corner. and of course that depends on the other drivers skill and what ESC he is using. My test time is limited as i run on a outdoor parking lot track that is gets torn down after every race day, so i basically get, 1/2 hour of practice, the quals and main to figure stuff out.
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #4005
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hampshire england
Posts: 6
Default 422stock test

hi
just tested the 422stock which i got from the other thread.

i ran it on my sp gt2 with a team wave 17.5 and used the settings recommended for a 17.5 which i also got from the other thread.

track aldershot

my car is a shumacher 3.5

fgr 6

4# 6
9# 8
12# 9
13# 1
14# 5
15# 1

i was a bit dubious about 15 at 1 but gave it a run and didnt seem too hot. after 6 mins it was at about 75c so moved it to 4.
gave it about a 10 min run and it came off at about 60c

the speed was tremendous! someone at the track had a speed gun and clocked me at 44mph at the end of a 45meter straight. one of the other guys at the track was running a 13.5 with a gm120 and he was only clocking about 49mph. he is also one of the fastest drivers in the club. not sure what my lap times were but it had loads of punch for the infield.

will be running at a meeting tomorow if the weather holds out
chrissyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
kiwiazbro
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0