R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #3976
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
422 stock is very very good wow revved it on the bench and it blew a tyre apart on the wheel 1 inch square of sorex 28r just flew off great big square hole in the tyre now, Oh god wish I had had a video would've been a hit on Youtube lol.

Have run it on parking lot and is mad quick with a 10.5...
give me a link please ?
Old 04-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #3977
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So when will be this finial release? We are about to start off-road season...

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #3978
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Who sells the Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club esc here in the USA?

I checked TQ Racing and Speedtech RC and neither has it by itself. TQ Racing has it only as a combo with motor.

Please help.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #3979
Tech Regular

Default SENSORLESS RUNNING

Im going to be running my Gt 2 pro with a GM 10.5 in my wet car. I want to run sensorless. How do I do this Ive never run sensorless before. Any help would be good
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #3980
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
give me a link please ?

Sorry dude can't post the link here it is on the 'other' thread though.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #3981
Tech Adept

I am normally a patient person but let me say with Speedpassion I am getting frustrated.

Personally I am still running Version 110 as I feel the comments on the beta versions have not warranted trialing however when the latest version of the Beta software is released for Hobbywing with offical setup processes and upgrades to the LCD programmer. (Yes I know it is still a beta and it is Hobbywing but they have been prepared to release to the public unlike Speedpassion)

Before people say they are different who are you trying to kid, as much as we are told they are different they are not if it is otherwise prove it, from what I can tell the software is the same the settings are the same and the documentation is the same if they are different then how is this so. We also know the Speedpassion software will install on a Hobbywing and if I choose to the Hobbywing software would install on the Speedpassion ESC

You will also notice in my signature that I run a Tekin, I bought it because of the wait for a software package that would be competitive against the Tekin when I travel, I am not planning on getting rid of the Speedpassion as the way I see it Speedpassion will get there act together and be faster than the Tekin, however not everyone can afford the luxury of two ESC's. At a club level I am probally one of the lucky ones in that my SP is faster than the Tekin by about 2 laps which is why I still run the 110 version, I put this down to the drivers and the setups in there Tekins may not be right.

Lastly when are those of us that are prepared to wait for an offical release from Speedpassion even if it is still a beta package that some people appear to have going to be given the same respect with software releases as those who use the Hobbywing product?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #3982
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Beast View Post
thanks... i have been talking to charlie-b and he's a great guy lots of help so far . so i think SP will be my next esc i love LRP and have always used them but SP offers upgrades that LRP does not and the price point is alot better at SP, the only thing im worried about now is if i burn a fet or something goes wrong with the ESC were can i send it to get repaired and also where can i find all the software upgrades you guys talk about??? can someone post a link??? http://www.mikes-hobbyshop.com/OnRoadTrack.html this is a link to my track i will be running an orion 13.5 on a HB Cyclone with a 2.167 internal gear ration can someone hook my up with a starting point with a pinion and spur???? like i said before i wanna beat all the Tekin guys!!
anyone
tha Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #3983
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Sorry dude can't post the link here it is on the 'other' thread though.
o.k no problem i understand .. just pm me ..
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #3984
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miku View Post
I am normally a patient person but let me say with Speedpassion I am getting frustrated.

Personally I am still running Version 110 as I feel the comments on the beta versions have not warranted trialing however when the latest version of the Beta software is released for Hobbywing with offical setup processes and upgrades to the LCD programmer. (Yes I know it is still a beta and it is Hobbywing but they have been prepared to release to the public unlike Speedpassion)

Before people say they are different who are you trying to kid, as much as we are told they are different they are not if it is otherwise prove it, from what I can tell the software is the same the settings are the same and the documentation is the same if they are different then how is this so. We also know the Speedpassion software will install on a Hobbywing and if I choose to the Hobbywing software would install on the Speedpassion ESC

You will also notice in my signature that I run a Tekin, I bought it because of the wait for a software package that would be competitive against the Tekin when I travel, I am not planning on getting rid of the Speedpassion as the way I see it Speedpassion will get there act together and be faster than the Tekin, however not everyone can afford the luxury of two ESC's. At a club level I am probally one of the lucky ones in that my SP is faster than the Tekin by about 2 laps which is why I still run the 110 version, I put this down to the drivers and the setups in there Tekins may not be right.

Lastly when are those of us that are prepared to wait for an offical release from Speedpassion even if it is still a beta package that some people appear to have going to be given the same respect with software releases as those who use the Hobbywing product?
Obviously I am banned from agreeing with you on this one but I suppose you may have a point, I was actually wondering, due to the vague information coming from the SP team about what settings affect what etc, whether this software was in fact being developed by SP or by the factory themselves and then being passed to SP? Don't know... any ideas peeps?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #3985
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Speed Passion Stuffs
Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #3986
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
ordered some stuff here before ....service and delivery very good....

thumb up!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #3987
Tech Initiate

anyone tested the new beta software 427 yet?

in the other post said it's almost explode the tyres....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #3988
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miku View Post

I think maybe not giving you software that has faults as can be found on the hobbywing thread is showing you even more respect then hobbywing has for thier customers. but thats just my personal opinion and not SP's
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #3989
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjack View Post
anyone tested the new beta software 427 yet?

in the other post said it's almost explode the tyres....

is there a 427? thought the latest was 422
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #3990
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I think maybe not giving you software that has faults as can be found on the hobbywing thread is showing you even more respect then hobbywing has for thier customers. but thats just my personal opinion and not SP's
I don't know what Hobbywing software you are talking about, but I can tell you that 422 is crazy fast!!!!!!!! I tried it this afternoon and it was incredible. I used the suggested settings for a 13.5 and the motor temp was only 39 dgrees!!! It is WAY faster than any Speed Passion software.

Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote