Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Unfortunate you feel that way. Good luck with your new GM. All i can say about Speedpassion is that we are closer than you think. Now have fun with your GM and please post your praise to them at the GM thread.

I really dont want to change, as you can see I have been with SP since their first GT 1.0 speedo, But I am frustrated at the time this is taking.

We keep hearing (on this thread) Speed passion are "closer than you think" but have yet to see it!

Also why bring out the GT 2.1 Pro stock with lame under par software when it just is not fast enough?? I believed the hype and bought one and it just doesn't hack it at the sharp end.

Why not let us CUSTOMERS know just how close you are?

Why not post something to encourage us not sneer at us!

Oh and why not just admit that at the moment Speed Passion just is not hacking it??
Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baldman666
I really dont want to change, as you can see I have been with SP since their first GT 1.0 speedo, But I am frustrated at the time this is taking.

We keep hearing (on this thread) Speed passion are "closer than you think" but have yet to see it!

Also why bring out the GT 2.1 Pro stock with lame under par software when it just is not fast enough?? I believed the hype and bought one and it just doesn't hack it at the sharp end.

Why not let us CUSTOMERS know just how close you are?

Why not post something to encourage us not sneer at us!

Oh and why not just admit that at the moment Speed Passion just is not hacking it??
The truth is, WE ARE closer. Obviously, we are not releasing anything yet because we are still testing. I do not know how any other way we can tell you guys how close we are other than we are close? I think that statement is pretty self explanatory don't you think?

It is just funny that you think SP will just not do what needs to be done to be competitive, although it is clear with the past revisions, people have noticed big increases from latter programs. You talk like SP is a brand that has never seen a World Championship or win any big races. I will tell you now, this Software is NOT like Tekin. The ultimate goal is getting teh cars to SPEED, not copy other software/products. If SP did not care, they would not even attempt to keep updating almost every week. So, if you don't have the patience, then go ahead and sell your product. We will still continue to test and improve until we are ready to release the version we feel is good enough for release.

I am not sure what else you expect from us. You ask us if we are closer to a solution and we tell you you are closer, it isn't enough. So what else kind of "encouraging" saying do you want us to tell you? "This new software is so fast, tires explode". Or, "This new software is so fast it will drive the car for you". Come on...these things take time..remember, not all of us can test software at our beckon call...some of us has to test on the free time we have..and it isn't just ANYTIME we want. Im sure you can not be at the track everyday, can you and do you?

Be patient and know SP is doing fine. When the final version will be release, you will all know. In the mean time, enjoy this HOBBY and quit stressing.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
i've been running a v3 8.5 with boost geared in the 7's without issue
more power to you buddy i was told that 10.5 is the limit of sc software
Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by altreyx
if you are sure to run only stock motors 2,1 for me is the best.
thanks man.......anyone else have any input on whether i sould just go with a tekin or a SP esc for stock racing???
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

#4 - 9
#9 - 5
#12 - 3
#13 - 1
#14 - 1
#15 - 5

Sp v3 11.5t
ratio 7.4

track 60 feet straightline
Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
more power to you buddy i was told that 10.5 is the limit of sc software
I may me wrong but Im pretty sure the "spec" motors tha SP has go down to 8.5. Anything lower would be "mod" Ive personally seen Skypilot running this set up and there hasnt been a single problem with it. But like I said I could be wrong.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kschu
#4 - 9
#9 - 5
#12 - 3
#13 - 1
#14 - 1
#15 - 5

Sp v3 11.5t
ratio 7.4

track 60 feet straightline
Cool. I would lower #15 for more punch. Go one increment at a time until you feel you have reached your desired feel.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tha Beast
thanks man.......anyone else have any input on whether i sould just go with a tekin or a SP esc for stock racing???
anyone???
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kind of an unfair question given the thread you're on, don't you think?

Buy a Speed Passion

Rob...........
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robio
Kind of an unfair question given the thread you're on, don't you think?

Buy a Speed Passion

Rob...........
well i understand that... i guess what im really looking for is some honest opinions from people that use this ESC( SP ) i want to know if its capable or even better than the LRP, or the Tekin RS pro. i just dont wanna go but a spend 200+ on a ESC if im not gonna be happy
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tha Beast
well i understand that... i guess what im really looking for is some honest opinions from people that use this ESC( SP ) i want to know if its capable or even better than the LRP, or the Tekin RS pro. i just dont wanna go but a spend 200+ on a ESC if im not gonna be happy
You PM is answered Beast.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sammies
Hi,

am confused with the beta supercharger software.. there are 2 documents introducing the software.. one is a brief description of the settings 12 to 15, while the other is more detailed giving starting points for differnt motor winds..

My confusion is with setting #15

Document 1 states:

Supercharger Punch: This setting controls timing advance at RPMs below the Start RPM setting. Lower settings decrease motor temps, and higher settings increase punch and motor temps.

While document 2 states:

This setting artificially retards the AMTS setting at high load/low RPM states to help the motor stay cool, and gain back punch from being “over dvanced”. The higher the setting #, the less advance is being shown to the motor before the Supercharger engages, and therefore the cooler the motor will run, and likely to have more punch as well.

so which is which? Will a higher setting # increase or decrease motor temps, and what is the effect on punch in the in-field?

Also... do u guys think i will be able to run a v3 9.5T with this software?
12 to 15 is not the same increasing way.

12 - higher stage value will assume hotter
13 - lower rpm will result faster timing increment and hotter at motor
so higher rpm selected will almost same max torque as lower amts or lower boost (12)
14 - delay the longger time to wait the better cooler on motor to reach max rpm, depend on situation
15 - SC Punch was actually the Torque Limit as you see on Cirtix ESC Stock Club , it sa - (negative timing) ex: - value it will set you maximum Timing during the increasing timing, you will want to avoid over timing as depend on your motor FDR and RPM during on load.

SO don't take it GENERALIZE on what you thinks 12 to 15 about higher and lower settings, you must understand every each, also DMTS(older AMTS)
every settings is a different perspective.

ONCE you understand it you will get The Best Result Of Performance,
sometimes settings on the box, is not higher setting's or value, on its digital number, you must really know that higher or lower value(number) in the box is not the same as higher or lower settings, try to understand on what represent on each value.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Hi, I'm new to this thread and don't have time to scroll thorough all 263 posts so forgive me if this has already been asked, but who sells the full line of Speed Passion in the USA? I am interested in the 17.5 motor and the Citrix spec esc. I have found the motor at various sites on the web, but not the Citrix esc.

Please help

Thank you.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Hi, I'm new to this thread and don't have time to scroll thorough all 263 posts so forgive me if this has already been asked, but who sells the full line of Speed Passion in the USA? I am interested in the 17.5 motor and the Citrix spec esc. I have found the motor at various sites on the web, but not the Citrix esc.

Please help

Thank you.
Cirtix Spec has only started shipping on the 17th in the US so it should be hitting the hobby shops any time as long as they pre-ordered them. If they have not, they won't be getting them in stock until they get ordered.

Shops to check are www.tqrcracing.com and www.speedtechrc.com
Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I am a believer!!! Just to let you all know, I ran firmware 230 this past weekend for the first time and it is FAST! My temps were a little high due to my limitations on gearing as I don't have a lot of pinions/spurs laying around. I was close to a good setup, but now I need to adjust gearing. Charlie_B recommended I switch to 231 software since it is hot where I live now and should keep things a little cooler since it is a little less aggressive. Thank you to the entire Speed Passion development and testing teams for all that you do. I am willing to wait for an "official" release because I know it will be AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.