R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #3841
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
+935 in the day and age of piracy we arent gona be able to just test it by the team some jerk has to release it illegally wait till we do catch tekin there gona find out we got new s/w before its released and update theres b4 we release ours
I think you should be looking into your own team as to who leaked the software. I must be one of the so called Tom, Dick and Harry's you speak of who with 20 years experience in RC racing could not help develop the software.

Good Luck
Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #3842
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to kiwidave72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
I think you should be looking into your own team as to who leaked the software. I must be one of the so called Tom, Dick and Harry's you speak of who with 20 years experience in RC racing could not help develop the software.

Good Luck
Mike
Im with you Mike....having started racing at 13.. maybe we old racers should go back to racing tamiya fox's with manual speed controllers.
kiwidave72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #3843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
does anyone know what size the plugs are for the v3.0 motors?

dont have them with me atm to check, but need to place an order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya-Racer View Post
the have 3mm
its 3.5mm, lucky I didnt listen to you
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #3844
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post

Good Luck
Mike
With you here guys, we Tom, Dick and Harry's are the BUYING PUBLIC, no use in having an awesome team if you have p#ssed of Joe Public so much that he feels undervalued and unwanted.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 AM   #3845
F-1
Tech Regular

Hello! Which software is the best of the latest for GT 2.0 pro?
Thanks
F-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #3846
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Hi SP guys.

I used the SP GT2.0 at a southern uk regional meeting (1st one of the series) and it was at a track with a faily long straight (aldershot).

I tried many of the firmwares on the saturday (including the ones leaked on here earlier in the week ).

Eventually i settled for 234.

it wasnt bad, but it was loosing lots of time down the long straight. as much as 6 - 8 feet against some GM's, Tekins and the odd SXX.

I also could not get the motor to run cooler than 78 degrees C (air temp was between 19-23 degrees C).

I was fairly happy with it, but it just didnt have the legs on the longer straights. I managed to put the car 8th in the A and finished 7th overall. But the car was a lap off the top 2 cars who were just mental quick down the straight.

One interesting thing i did find throughout the two days, is that its quite easy to overboost the motor using setting 12. settling for setting 5 (ran out of time) rather than any higher boost settings, I would have liked to try 4 and lower, but didnt have the time. Something to try next round. The motor ran cooler and faster on this lower boost setting, but still not quick enough.

This is where i ended up:

4: 7
9: 7
12: 5
13: 4
14: 2
15: 6

Motor: 13.5 Duo2
FDR: 6.16
Motor timing: 0 degrees
Temp after 5 mins: 77 degrees C

again i was very happy with the low end grunt and brakes of the speedo (something you guys seem to have got working really well), just need that extra pull about 2/3 down the straights
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #3847
Tech Addict

Right !.......

Now seems to be a good time for one of my lengthy posts, about the Supercharger Softwares.

I have been testing a variety of the firmwares 230, 231, 318, 324 and 410 for several weeks, so far I have had much the same results as other people who are using them car is quicker on the straight and with some work can be made fairly quick on the infield.

Having experimented with all of the settings as well as a variety of FDR’s I have come to a conclusion that what we as Public ‘beta’ testers need is a little more insight from the ‘team drivers’ or the software developers as to the interactions between the various settings within the new softwares.

For example what effect does the DRRS now have as opposed to the Supercharger Punch, or what effect is there when using AMTS and the Boost levels. What we have been told so far is a little sketchy and I wonder if the people who are putting the software out can explain in a little more detail what is involved with this inter setting interaction. I have found that to gain more infield ‘rip’ the use of higher levels of DRRS is needed so what benefit is there to the Supercharger Punch as this is supposed to deal with the Punch BEFORE the SC kicks in, does the AMTS have a direct relationship to the Boost level as in does the boost level increase the timing or is that done by DRRS.

Maybe it is time for us to be enlightened as to the thinking behind these settings as it has become a case of trial and error to find reasonable settings, does the FDR have a relationship to the Supercharger now or should we be following the Tekin route and having extremely low gearing to make use of the Revs in the motors or should we be looking lower so as to use the power of the motors.

The original PDF was very basic and maybe someone from SP could fill us in with answers to some of these questions, I am loath to push my GT 2.0 Pro to far due to the costs involved so am using my other Speedo to test safely before putting on the GT2 this is working but some more detailed feedback from the team would I believe benefit all of us in the Public domain who are testing this software and make the job of feeding results back to SP an easier and more helpful process.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #3848
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidave72 View Post
Im with you Mike....having started racing at 13.. maybe we old racers should go back to racing tamiya fox's with manual speed controllers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
With you here guys, we Tom, Dick and Harry's are the BUYING PUBLIC, no use in having an awesome team if you have p#ssed of Joe Public so much that he feels undervalued and unwanted.

don't make something of nothing, its not the case at all, if SP was to release untested software to the public as it does with the team, and you blow your esc or motor, who pays for the replacement, how many more people would be upset with SP for releasing untested software to the public. its a double edged sword. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

as to the above post in bold print,

those are exactly the questions the team is trying to figure out, in all of YOUR " several weeks of testing" YOU still don't have an answer. Same with the team, but we/they are getting it figured out, so when the software is finally released, we/they will be able to answer all your questions and have the proper info posted on the web site and the forums. patience my friend, patience.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #3849
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
don't make something of nothing, its not the case at all, if SP was to release untested software to the public as it does with the team, and you blow your esc or motor, who pays for the replacement, how many more people would be upset with SP for releasing untested software to the public. its a double edged sword. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

as to the above post in bold print,

those are exactly the questions the team is trying to figure out, in all of YOUR " several weeks of testing" YOU still don't have an answer. Same with the team, but we/they are getting it figured out, so when the software is finally released, we/they will be able to answer all your questions and have the proper info posted on the web site and the forums. patience my friend, patience.
Surely there must be some baseline information as to the interactions, surely someone is not writing these firmwares without 'knowing' what happens when A=B etc?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #3850
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
Hi SP guys.

I used the SP GT2.0 at a southern uk regional meeting (1st one of the series) and it was at a track with a faily long straight (aldershot).

I tried many of the firmwares on the saturday (including the ones leaked on here earlier in the week ).

Eventually i settled for 234.

it wasnt bad, but it was loosing lots of time down the long straight. as much as 6 - 8 feet against some GM's, Tekins and the odd SXX.

I also could not get the motor to run cooler than 78 degrees C (air temp was between 19-23 degrees C).

I was fairly happy with it, but it just didnt have the legs on the longer straights. I managed to put the car 8th in the A and finished 7th overall. But the car was a lap off the top 2 cars who were just mental quick down the straight.

One interesting thing i did find throughout the two days, is that its quite easy to overboost the motor using setting 12. settling for setting 5 (ran out of time) rather than any higher boost settings, I would have liked to try 4 and lower, but didnt have the time. Something to try next round. The motor ran cooler and faster on this lower boost setting, but still not quick enough.

This is where i ended up:

4: 7
9: 7
12: 5
13: 4
14: 2
15: 6

Motor: 13.5 Duo2
FDR: 6.16
Motor timing: 0 degrees
Temp after 5 mins: 77 degrees C

again i was very happy with the low end grunt and brakes of the speedo (something you guys seem to have got working really well), just need that extra pull about 2/3 down the straights
Your on the money I reckon. I just hope they can add the top speed 410 gives to this software option. Then we could be really fast.

Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #3851
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Surely there must be some baseline information as to the interactions, surely someone is not writing these firmwares without 'knowing' what happens when A=B etc?
i think Speedpassion will give the informations when the software will be released. At the end we had some firmware to try but, i suppose, are not ready yet for to be public. So why put pressure on the people working for to give us a free upgrade?
People are talking about the beta how if these firmwares are the "official" release, they want info over info...when at the end they are simple beta, and for sure the tester know which are the things to improve or not.

That is my opinion, give them some more time and will see.
Helios EX10
altreyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #3852
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by altreyx View Post
i think Speedpassion will give the informations when the software will be released. At the end we had some firmware to try but, i suppose, are not ready yet for to be public. So why put pressure on the people working for to give us a free upgrade?
People are talking about the beta how if these firmwares are the "official" release, they want info over info...when at the end they are simple beta, and for sure the tester know which are the things to improve or not.

That is my opinion, give them some more time and will see.
also like crum said if the sw is known to all before its released, then tekin/gm will counter with their own upgrade. so whats the point? the price between sp/tekin/gm isnt that great.(here in the uk anyway)
when the tekin first came out it was disapointing to say the least, it mainly got put into "the wet/spare car" and forgotten about. then turbo and now its the speedo to have.
surely sp need to come up with something that the others cant match for some time otherwise,as soon as the sp gets good it will become forgotten about..............
time yes, but for the hardcore racer, where winning is everything, theyre not going to wait.theyre going to replace.
personally im waiting....................
it seems sp are very close.maybe the hybrid of the 231 and other leaked softwares are being worked on as we speak, but i also feel the need to have a better understanding of how the beta software works to get the best out of it. otherwise the sw we are waiting for will come out and we wont know to get the best out of it.
thankyou speed passion for the beta, the download starting points are ok, but more info is needed, otherwise by the time we know how to use it it will be too late and we will be behind tekin and gm again...........
thats my rant over.
a little more info would go a long way.
once again thankyou to all who are blowing ther stuff up for us toms.......
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #3853
Tech Adept

Hi, what software would be best to run in my 2.0 lpf carbon black edition in my RT5 10.5? Alot of variables I know I didn`t include, but what would be a good starting point.
asfastasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #3854
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

You are right, there should be some guidelines to the current released software so here is my take.

For the first set of settings, everything is preference except for 4 and 8(DDRS and AMTS).
DDRS-Settings are 1-9, 9 being the highest. Usually, when there is no boosted software installed(110,205,731) i like keeping this at 8 or 9. Puch to the max. If it is a little high, the lowest i would go is maybe 6 or 7. Anything lower would just be a delay and pretty much useless. This also applies to the 231,230, and 324.
AMTS-This is the timing on your esc to the motor. For 21.5, 17.5 and 13.5, i like to keep this at MAX timing(non boosted applications). This deems the most power. For Boosted apps(231,231,324) i would start at 5(15*) and go up from there. I would not go higher than 7(22.5*) for a 13.5. For 17.
5 and 21.5 you can go up to 8(26*) if so desired. It is mainly preference. *Note:
THe higher the AMTS you go, the softer the Supercharger kicks in. The lower the AMTS you go, the Harder the Supercharger kicks in.

SC Boost Level-Self explanatory. The higher the setting, the more boost. Also note that even if you go to setting 9, you won't necessarily get full power if your track is under 100' or 30m, so gear or set your boost accordingly. A good start is level 5 or 6.

SC RPM Delay
-More like an RPM range, this helps your supercharger determine what part/rpm it should kick in. Again, i would start with 5 or 6(8,000 or 9,000) and go from there.
SC Full Throttle Delay-This is the amount of time the Super charger turns on once you are in Full Throttle. Sometimes, you want the super charger to kick in instantly for that extra ZIP on larger tracks. for Smaller tracks, you want it to kick in later such as the straight. I would start at 3 and adjust according to preference.
SC PunchI don't really mess with any of the setting above 3 so start with 3 and go from there. On the straight, this determines when your supercharger is on. A higher setting means later on the straight. Lower means sooner on the straight.

Hope this helps you guys. We are still testing and learning. It may be true that racers will not wait, but at the same time, we are doing our best to provide the best product for the consumer. Something like that you can not rush.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #3855
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
You are right, there should be some guidelines to the current released software so here is my take.

For the first set of settings, everything is preference except for 4 and 8(DDRS and AMTS).
DDRS-Settings are 1-9, 9 being the highest. Usually, when there is no boosted software installed(110,205,731) i like keeping this at 8 or 9. Puch to the max. If it is a little high, the lowest i would go is maybe 6 or 7. Anything lower would just be a delay and pretty much useless. This also applies to the 231,230, and 324.
AMTS-This is the timing on your esc to the motor. For 21.5, 17.5 and 13.5, i like to keep this at MAX timing(non boosted applications). This deems the most power. For Boosted apps(231,231,324) i would start at 5(15*) and go up from there. I would not go higher than 7(22.5*) for a 13.5. For 17.
5 and 21.5 you can go up to 8(26*) if so desired. It is mainly preference. *Note:
THe higher the AMTS you go, the softer the Supercharger kicks in. The lower the AMTS you go, the Harder the Supercharger kicks in.

SC Boost Level-Self explanatory. The higher the setting, the more boost. Also note that even if you go to setting 9, you won't necessarily get full power if your track is under 100' or 30m, so gear or set your boost accordingly. A good start is level 5 or 6.

SC RPM Delay
-More like an RPM range, this helps your supercharger determine what part/rpm it should kick in. Again, i would start with 5 or 6(8,000 or 9,000) and go from there.
SC Full Throttle Delay-This is the amount of time the Super charger turns on once you are in Full Throttle. Sometimes, you want the super charger to kick in instantly for that extra ZIP on larger tracks. for Smaller tracks, you want it to kick in later such as the straight. I would start at 3 and adjust according to preference.
SC PunchI don't really mess with any of the setting above 3 so start with 3 and go from there. On the straight, this determines when your supercharger is on. A higher setting means later on the straight. Lower means sooner on the straight.

Hope this helps you guys. We are still testing and learning. It may be true that racers will not wait, but at the same time, we are doing our best to provide the best product for the consumer. Something like that you can not rush.
Thank you for your explanation Charlie_b.