R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #3796
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
I picked up one yesterday from the Ozzie disty for some testing on a club spec style program.
The size and shape is very similar ot the Hobbywing mini sensorless speedie used in Australia.
The feel and quality seem very impressive.
Only 3 settings possible, brake power, drag brake and temp cutoff
Receiver and switch wires nicely exposed on the edge of the unit, so you will be able to shorten the wires easily.

Negatives from first impressions.
Cap sits behind the wiresand looks out of place, would have been nice to see it like the 35amp hobbywing where a nice little hole is made in the heatsink under the fan for it.
Secondly, TAMIYA PLUG, come on its 2010, kill off the Tammy plug, after all it is a RACE speed control, put on a Deans style plug.
Motor wires come prewired on the SP 3 prong plug, it just looks tacky, doesnt lock in place properly, and doesnt appear to put any significant pressure to the contact plates unlike a deans plug.

We have been testing a few different combos in an attempt for a low cost racing class. This fills most of the requirements so far, however the RRP of $180 AUD seems to be creeping up above our initial estimates.

We are aiming for a 21.5 motor, so far combos are only available in 17.5 and faster. I had a look at the motor, the quality looks better than the dodgy SP pictures show it to be. Fixed timing is a bonus.
Looking forward to trying it out this week.
Brad, did you figure out how to adjust the three parameters that are adjustable. ABS, Drag Brake and Over heat protection. I read the section for the Cirtix on page 8 but can't see anything about how to adjust the thing. I think they will be a bit cheaper than $180 for the combo from retailers prepared to buy a number to get into the discounts offered by the importer. I'll be evaluating things with mine, maybe tomorrow or when I can get to a track.

Anyone else figured out how to adjust those three programable items yet ?
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, XXT, SVR, AE Worlds.
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #3797
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Heavy,

Not managed to get it in a car yet, i think the adjustments must only be possible via the optional box, which i didnt realise i had to ask for.

The Retail price for 1 unit will be $179 With the 6+ discount i believe a street price should be around $155 which is more in the ballpark of what i was thinking to bring it inline with the Ozzie mini combo.

Shawn advised that the US street price should be around $135 USD, so we are not too far off if you are able to shop where the discounts were attained.
From the sounds of it Shawn is working hard to get this accepted at a number of clubs around the traps, well done Shawn.

Heavy, drop me an email at braddvercoe@hotmail.com so we can keep up to tabs with testing, and suitable options for Australia.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #3798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
i went to download it, and its been removed?
thats because he shouldnt be releasing it like that
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #3799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
If I got it, should I not use it?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #3800
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
If I got it, should I not use it?
I guess its a case of how adventurous you are feeling?

on a side note - this thread has fallen very quiet. how is everyone getting on with supercharger software? Its performing pretty well on my local track in the UK and im keeping up with the Tekins on the straight (lacking the top end, but has more bottom end grunt so i get a nice few feet gap on first 1/4 of straight and then the Tekins pull me back in on the latter 1/4, the lap times between them are very similar usually 0.1 fastest lap splitting us and not necessarily the tekins faster. But going to a bigger track this weekend (aldershot for slcc), I want to see how it holds up there.
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #3801
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post

on a side note - this thread has fallen very quiet. how is everyone getting on with supercharger software? Its performing pretty well on my local track in the UK and im keeping up with the Tekins on the straight (lacking the top end, but has more bottom end grunt so i get a nice few feet gap on first 1/4 of straight and then the Tekins pull me back in on the latter 1/4, the lap times between them are very similar usually 0.1 fastest lap splitting us and not necessarily the tekins faster. But going to a bigger track this weekend (aldershot for slcc), I want to see how it holds up there.
I won't get to a track until next week, but just messing with the software in a parking lot, I would describe it as the same vs my other car with a tekin. Supercharger is accurate because it comes on strong, but it doesn't seem to get that extra advance once the motor winds out.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #3802
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post

Hi
Can you post what settings you are running on? And what tracks is it you've been to with it?

Personally I've found similar results to you - slightly better bottom end than Tekin but losign out on the top end. At Eastbourne STCC was my best chance to try it against them but still didn't get it quite feeling how I'd like, sadly ran out of time to try more ideas out.

I think it's got potential but perhaps seems to be struggling a little here in the UK due to a lower number of people running them and perhaps a lack of 'standard' settings like the Tekin runners seem to be settling on.

Cheers
Oli
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #3803
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Hi
Can you post what settings you are running on? And what tracks is it you've been to with it?

Personally I've found similar results to you - slightly better bottom end than Tekin but losign out on the top end. At Eastbourne STCC was my best chance to try it against them but still didn't get it quite feeling how I'd like, sadly ran out of time to try more ideas out.

I think it's got potential but perhaps seems to be struggling a little here in the UK due to a lower number of people running them and perhaps a lack of 'standard' settings like the Tekin runners seem to be settling on.

Cheers
Oli
Can you post your settings?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #3804
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
Hey Harold I will be at the track on Saturday to test before the state race.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #3805
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default some advise

Hoping someone could help me out - I downloaded the new software (232 in think) and put on a FDR of 7.0 just to try it out last night and the motor heat (with the basic 17.5 setup that came attached with the download) was through the roof after just a couple of 5 sec flat stick bursts - almost hit 70 degrees - basically wondering what I am doing wrong as the setup is exactly as per recommended and the ratio is more than the recommended. P.S. I am running a 21.5 not a 17.5 not that I thought that should matter - if someone can send me a setup they have tried on a mid/large on road track with a bit of grippy surface I would appreciate it - PM's are best as I dont check this thread as regularly as I should. Cheers
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #3806
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Hoping someone could help me out - I downloaded the new software (232 in think) and put on a FDR of 7.0 just to try it out last night and the motor heat (with the basic 17.5 setup that came attached with the download) was through the roof after just a couple of 5 sec flat stick bursts - almost hit 70 degrees - basically wondering what I am doing wrong as the setup is exactly as per recommended and the ratio is more than the recommended. P.S. I am running a 21.5 not a 17.5 not that I thought that should matter - if someone can send me a setup they have tried on a mid/large on road track with a bit of grippy surface I would appreciate it - PM's are best as I dont check this thread as regularly as I should. Cheers
You meant bench testing? Yeah that heats the motor up quite a bit and isnt recommended.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #3807
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default some advise

So are you saying that under track racing conditions the motor will run cooler? Because I am thought that the continuous inconsistant load will make the motor hotter?
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #3808
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
So are you saying that under track racing conditions the motor will run cooler? Because I am thought that the continuous inconsistant load will make the motor hotter?
There is no load when you are "bench testing". Running a brushless motor with no load creates gobs of excess heat.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:13 AM   #3809
Tech Adept

hello,
What's the good ratio for a large track in 10.5 with the 410 soft??

Thanks...

http://rcracereportsigm-racing.blogspot.com/
adri-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #3810
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help finding the LCD programer. Hope it arrives soon.

On the SP site i dont see any ESC firmware files.. IS ths firmware built into the actual SP desktop software? OR is it a stand alone file that is flashed using the Desktop software and LCD? Sorry for the noob questions