The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Qns regarding Supercharger

I need help with 13. Supercharger RPM Delay & 14. Supercharger Full Throttle Delay.

When does the supercharger activates itself?

When 13 and 14 criteria are met. OR
When either 13 or 14 criteria is met.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ronaldo-1234
If so, I misinterpret the idea of upgrade twice. I did this:

choose 230 -> upgrade -> choose 230 -> upgrade
You're doing it wrong.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
You're doing it wrong.
I hope not because this is what ive been doing with the Beta's and each software i load is different and gives different result, so something is going on this way.

Ill try your method of old -> Beta -> 110 -> Beta. See if it makes any difference, but mine definitely has a turbo by going Beta -> Beta.

Could someone confirm this from SP?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy 231 bugged?

Originally Posted by nnick
Yesterday I run for the first time stock (usually drive mod) with my GT2.
Uploaded beta software and tried several settings. Time wasn't on my side so couldn't try many things but after some changes I did there was some strange behavior of the esc.

After full throttle was applied not enough power was sent to motor and green lights were flashing on esc. Turning on/off esc few times and everything worked.

Any ideas what went wrong?

I used SP17.5 but needed to gear higher to keep up with the fast guys, next time
Mine was showing some strange behavior as well. After I first upgraded the 231 software (yes twice as recommended), I tested the esc and motor (10.T ballistic) on the bench and the first thing I noticed was the supercharger engaged in full throttle as intended and it was awesome. I then changed the settings with my LED card, turn on the esc again and the supercharger was gone. Not only it was gone, the motor felt like it was running like a 540 silver can motor and lost all its power. I tried full throttle several times again and the supercharger came back.....but intermittently.

I then change the settings again, increasing the DRRS to 8 and lowering AMTS to 2 (the second setting was level 6 DRRS and AMTS 4 I think), and guess what, the supercharger came back again. I tried changing some settings again, this time the supercharger settings and the supercharger was gone again........

I was very frustrated at this stage. So, I reverted to the pervious setting (default supercharger, DRRS 8 and AMTS 2), the supercharger came back again. It the 231 software bugged?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
Sorry did not mean to let the cat out the bag,with the new firmware, I was sent the files to try and supply feedback, The new stuff is good thou !
now that's interesting
Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

on a lighter note, I have to say the V3.0 motors sure do pack a lot of power once you gear them up enough. using a V3.0 17.5 in 1/12 1S lipo, using similar rollout as others, I was slow. Once I really got agressive with my gearing, the speed really came up, and temps were still in the 120F area.

very impressed.

NOTE: this was with a Tekin ESC as I didn't get any info on where to start with the speed passion stuff.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HCHL
Mine was showing some strange behavior as well. After I first upgraded the 231 software (yes twice as recommended), I tested the esc and motor (10.T ballistic) on the bench and the first thing I noticed was the supercharger engaged in full throttle as intended and it was awesome. I then changed the settings with my LED card, turn on the esc again and the supercharger was gone. Not only it was gone, the motor felt like it was running like a 540 silver can motor and lost all its power. I tried full throttle several times again and the supercharger came back.....but intermittently.

I then change the settings again, increasing the DRRS to 8 and lowering AMTS to 2 (the second setting was level 6 DRRS and AMTS 4 I think), and guess what, the supercharger came back again. I tried changing some settings again, this time the supercharger settings and the supercharger was gone again........

I was very frustrated at this stage. So, I reverted to the pervious setting (default supercharger, DRRS 8 and AMTS 2), the supercharger came back again. It the 231 software bugged?
Too much timing maybe? Where was your motor timing set? Was the motor getting hot?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default joke

where's the support for speepassion motors? no1 seems to care that I have a junk motor is this an ESC thread only ?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
where's the support for speepassion motors? no1 seems to care that I have a junk motor is this an ESC thread only ?
Have you tried contacting Shawn Palmer via Email or Phone?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Yeh that was reported a few pages back. It appears that if you drop the DRRS to 6 or mayb below, it never hits full throttle and is dog slow. I experienced the same issue.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Have you tried contacting Shawn Palmer via Email or Phone?
just did ..ty
Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
just did ..ty
I strongly recommand you give him a call...let him know what happened to your rotor and he will give you more then what you ask for.

Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA
[email protected]
Toll Free 866-369-0636
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
Ahh, so the 230/231 I'm looking for is in the new BETA software? It just made sense now that I have the Programmer, before I just read it and it didn't mean much to me. Ha Ha. I feel like a puts.

I checked my profiles on the laptop which has the 1.32v and the database there says 1.70 and has the 107 and 109 profiles. Which were the newest before the supercharger stuff right?

I got the 230/231 loaded and the database says 1.82 now. Do I have to download something twice? Or do I just need to load the profile into the speedo twice.

What about a profile for 2wd buggy running 13.5?
Originally Posted by nnick
Yesterday I run for the first time stock (usually drive mod) with my GT2.
Uploaded beta software and tried several settings. Time wasn't on my side so couldn't try many things but after some changes I did there was some strange behavior of the esc.

After full throttle was applied not enough power was sent to motor and green lights were flashing on esc. Turning on/off esc few times and everything worked.

Any ideas what went wrong?

I used SP17.5 but needed to gear higher to keep up with the fast guys, next time

after updating your software, you must recalibrate your esc to your radio,

when i first installed the new software it worked, but the next time it didn't, i recalibrated the esc again and its working just fine, everytime.

hope that helps.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I have tested weekend the beta software and had problems. First battery still everything was fine, second battery performance decreased after 1 minute, as if it would go without sensor cable. I have voted then new slider on the remote control but after some time, the problem was there again. What could be?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
after updating your software, you must recalibrate your esc to your radio,

when i first installed the new software it worked, but the next time it didn't, i recalibrated the esc again and its working just fine, everytime.

hope that helps.
Doesn't make a difference as soon as you adjust the DRRS to 6 or below you loose full throttle even after you recalibrate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.