R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #3391
Tech Addict

In theory yes,but if you'll do it you'll see that even on #1" (Zero) you can feel the turbo kick.I assume there is some kind of bug on menu #12.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #3392
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Yes it can - I'm running GT2 Pro with new firmware.
how do u feel ?.. supercharge give more power to the esc ?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #3393
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
GT2 PRO version speedo can handle any motor including 2.5T.

GT2 LPF has motor limit to something like 10.5T cause their internal MOSFET can only handle certain amount of power.

If you are running 10.5T or slower motor, use LPF (also, LPF stand for LOW PROFILE, its heatsink is shorter/thinner thent eh PRO version, and if your car's body has HEIGHT issue, LPF is the answer).

If you are planning to run anything faster then 10.5T in the future, get PRO.
Solara its actually you can run motors down to a 5.5 on the LPF I have been runing my LPF speedos with a 6.5 for over 2 years now without any issues. The Pro can handle anything as for as motor.
Jeremy
Jeremy Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #3394
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair View Post
Solara its actually you can run motors down to a 5.5 on the LPF I have been runing my LPF speedos with a 6.5 for over 2 years now without any issues. The Pro can handle anything as for as motor.
Jeremy
Actually, you are correct, I don't even remember my CAT SX was running 6.5 with a LPF.....
However, I choose NOT to say that because it is no longer the SPEEDO itself, it is the software within....if running LPF, with STOCK software and supercharger, mating with a 6.5T motor....guess what will happen?

But you are correct, LPF can go as low as 5.5T. Just I would prefer to run a PRO if I am running anything faster then 9.5T.

Thanks for the correction.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #3395
Tech Master

Default no problem

Solara no problem I was just making sure that we didn't steer somone away because not being able to handle a motor. Hope I didn't come across mean just trying to help and sometimes the internet comes across bad. I agree if you can afford it the Pro is worth the money but for the money the lpf is a awsome speedo. Agree with you totally on the stock software no MOD motors.
Jeremy
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #3396
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
how do u feel ?.. supercharge give more power to the esc ?
Yes it does. I was as fast with 13.5T motor as fellow's 10.5T with SPX at last race.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #3397
Tech Regular

Oli - with no time to test or adjust - I would leave what you have on there already. This is a whole entirely new package, and no need to ruin your raceday if turning it off doesn't "make it exactly like the previous version".

And that makes for another caution:
This package is not a "magic bullet" that you load up and it's fast right out of the gate. You need to time to run, check lap times, adjust settings, run, check lap times, and etc for several days/sessions to really dial it in for your car and track. Then report back in with your optimized settings so we can build a database in order to give folks advice for a "head start" starting point when it goes public.

If you are headed for a big race weekend, I would leave the new stuff off till the mains are over and then start some practice time with the new software afterward.
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #3398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post
Oli - with no time to test or adjust - I would leave what you have on there already. This is a whole entirely new package, and no need to ruin your raceday if turning it off doesn't "make it exactly like the previous version".

This package is not a "magic bullet" that you load up and it's fast right out of the gate. You need to time to run, check lap times, adjust settings, run, check lap times, and etc for several days/sessions to really dial it in for your car and track. Then report back in with your optimized settings so we can build a database in order to give folks advice for a "head start" starting point when it goes public.

If you are headed for a big race weekend, I would leave the new stuff off till the mains are over and then start some practice time with the new software afterward.
oh sure, now you tell me Jk... going to try it at the race on sunday.. it our last club indoor race and I really got nothin to lose.... then we headed outdoors on the big track, ( I have already done a little testing... just to get a feeling on what settings did what to the car, only prob is I didn't have any other cars to gauge it against)
will report back on sunday or monday... sunday if it good monday if not so good
Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #3399
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Solara and Jeremy, thank you both very much for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #3400
Tech Master

Default no problem

N0 problem if you got any more Speed Passion questions feel free to ask.
Jeremy
Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #3401
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer View Post

Cheers for the info. Yes I understand and intend to do some testing with it soon. I'm under no impression I can throw the new software on and go, so I'll probably play it safe and stick with the 107 for this weekend, which has proved pretty competitive up till now anyway!

Also thanks Adam for your advice too, I'll certainly bear it all in mind when I go testing with it.

Oli
Old 03-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #3402
Tech Elite

Have a entire day of practice tomorrow
Lets see how it pans out.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #3403
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anyone got a starting position for 17.5 or 10.5 on outdoors tarmac mid size track yet for the 12 to 15 Items ?
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, XXT, SVR, AE Worlds.
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #3404
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just some interesting thoughts really, had some odd (good) results earlier in the week with the GT2.0 Pro.

when running the 110 software the usage on the cells was between 2400mAH and 2600 mAH, for the same speed (lap times) with the 231 software the usage was only 1600? Any ideas where the extra efficiency has come from?

Cheers
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #3405
TEM
Tech Regular

Default A day with "230"

I loaded the 230 software last night and tested on the track today. Carpet, touring car, rubber tires. SP V3.0 13.5T motor, GT2.0 pro esc.

The recommended settings (everything moderate, 14 disabled and FDR of 7.0) is VERY slow! But even with an FDR of 7.0 and punch and boost maxed out; motor temps 100 degrees AND was slow. Then I started to bring down the FDR and taking temperature readings very frequently. Even going down to 5.3ish; the motor was around 150 degrees. No where close to going poof. Good infield punch and top speed.

"Good" but not "Spectacular". This 230 software is A WHOLE LOT better than 1110 or 1111 (yeah, ditch 1110 and 1111!). However, still not quite there with the Tekins (honestly! I'm being really really HONEST here!). What I noticed was I had to give a lot of throttle to go fast so midband throttle control was kind of poor. I dialed in a very aggressive throttle curve on the radio to compensate for it. It was like I'm trying to take deadband out of a slow nitro engine+sloppy clutch. Although the Tekin had a lot more power (a LOT more PUNCH), the key is not only in the amount of punch, but rather the control (throttle control authority)! That is; there's more precise control over a large power band from the kick point of the initial boost all the way to just before full throttle extra boost. It was predictable and controllable and more power. No, the tekin was not maxed out on settings for power; it was set for the most usable power for the given track condition. Something for SP to catch up to, still.

In the end, the SP on the best setting I got would be fast enough for most guys. Will put you in the A-main at most clubbys but not win it. BUT I did have a very pleasant day with it at the track today knowing there is still PLENTY of room for improvement in the SP software. SP is definitely heading in the right direction. And I have a feeling that one of the upcoming firmwares will put it totally up to speed with the Tekins. Keeping my fingers crossed in the meanwhile.