All help will be much appreciated.
1. yes, current LCD is sufficient.
2. you have the answer already
3. try rcmarket or rcmart.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
I'm using the hobbywing LCD to upgrade and it's working fine. But to adjust the settings for the beta version you need to use the plastic led setting card. For the wires, I searched "Speed passion" on the world's most famous online bidding site and I found the three colored 12AWG wires you were looking for.
Thanks the reply and information.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
Charlie B., what motor are you running and where is the motor timing set? I have a ballistic and it was a snail till I increased the motor timing, but was the opposite with the 107, more timing was just more heat and not speed.
Im using a V2.0 SP 17.5. I don't want to test with my V3 to take the motor timing out of the factor so i know how the Software reacts. I didn't get to test today, so it will most likely be Monday or Tuesday to see how the new settings hold up. Maybe this software does react to Motor timing. I briefly ran a few laps with my RCGT car with a V3 and it seemed faster on the straight, although the lap times didn't say so.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Taman
Hi,
I was under the impression that Marc Reinhard etc use this esc so I would assume this esc would be equal to any other esc in this performance range, would this be a fair assumtion? Only asking as I'm trying to decide if I should buy the SP GT Pro

thanks
I think you are on to something! SP has no problems hanging with the best Mod drivers in the world. This stock software is new but quick to progress. It will only be time when the Norm will be Speedpassion esc's dominating at all the tracks.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjh28
Anyone with answers to these??
All help will be much appreciated.
are you looking for this one ??

sp 12ga Wires
Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so i was plugging in my banana plugs into my lipo (trakpower) lipo with tubes.

I have:
-Speed Passion GT2.0 Carbon Ed. ESC
-Trakpower 5400 LiPo. battery

the lipo became a little warm too

and i didnt notice and i plugged in the positive(+) lead into the the negative(-) hole and the negative(-) lead into the positive hole(+)

smoke started coming out of my esc or lipo terminal hole (i forget bcuz i was in a rush to unplug it and run the lipo outside just in case the lipo was ready to blow.

now my esc stinks and idk if i shorted it out........and the leads were in the opposite terminals for probly 1 second until i noticed it

im too scared to plug in the battery and turn on the esc bcuz idk what will happen

sooo....did i short my esc?

please help

thanks
Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

With the new stock supercharger package i don't get the same drag brake force ammount when i leave the throtle off.More drag brake when i leave the throtle when the supercharger has engaged and almost no drag brake when i leave it earlier .Is it normal ?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone know the motor limit on the 2.1 gt esc?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kriiiss
so i was plugging in my banana plugs into my lipo (trakpower) lipo with tubes.

I have:
-Speed Passion GT2.0 Carbon Ed. ESC
-Trakpower 5400 LiPo. battery

the lipo became a little warm too

and i didnt notice and i plugged in the positive(+) lead into the the negative(-) hole and the negative(-) lead into the positive hole(+)

smoke started coming out of my esc or lipo terminal hole (i forget bcuz i was in a rush to unplug it and run the lipo outside just in case the lipo was ready to blow.

now my esc stinks and idk if i shorted it out........and the leads were in the opposite terminals for probly 1 second until i noticed it

im too scared to plug in the battery and turn on the esc bcuz idk what will happen

sooo....did i short my esc?

please help

thanks
I also did this but becouse i didn't switch on the esc all that burnt out was the capacitor. I replaced this with a novak one ( as i couldn't get a new speed passion one ) and it works fine.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys.

Today I ran the software with a 13.5 and tried FDR's of 6.4, 6.7 and 6.9. With the below settings the car was 0.1 quicker with 6.7 compared to 6.4 or 6.9, however 6.9 had the same top end and the motor seemed to use more turbo, but the punch on the infield was a bit soft.

The car overall was fast, but no quicker than the guys running GM120's 7.2. And wasnt as quick as the Tekin.

the settings on the speedo are:

4 DRRS: 7
9 ATMS: 4
12 SUPERCHARGE: 6
13 RPM DEL: 3
14 THROTTLE DEL: 1
15: 5

Geared at 6.7, Duo 2 with no motor timing and after 5 minutes motor temp: 68 degrees C.

As mentioned about the car was quick, but not quicker. It does need more top end. The initial 1/2 of the straight is good and the infield its on pace, but the last 1/2 it doesnt pull away as much as the tekins do.

But this was only my first run today and only managed to play with delay's / gearing and increasing 12 and 15 by 1 digit. Next weekend I think I will keep gearing at 6.7 and shorten the RPM delay to get it to start reving sooner as it doesnt top out at 6.7.

Also may look at changing the DRRS and ATMS values, do they have much effect with this stock software?

BUT BTW. the software is definitely a step in the right direction and no way have i found the sweet spot yeh, I think there is still potential in it to get it quicker. Better than the 107 and cooler, good job
Old 03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I know it's alot of onroad people here but can someone tell me what a good software to use on my gt2.0 in my hpi blitz in a stock 2wd class. We are allowed to run 27t brushed or 17.5 brushless so I figured i'd throw my lrp 17.5 and speed passion in there since I wasn't using
it anymore. Right now I have the 107 software on my esc since I was usin it in onroad but this will be my first venture into electric offroad. So any help I'd appreciate!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

wish is the best options to run a speed passion v3.0 10,5T motor in the stock class.

Run with advanced full timing or standard timing in the motor with the speedos with advancing the timing of the motor??

this motors they have to run bigger final ratios or smaller final ratios to take full advantage in comparison of other motor bands??

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Pedro Silva
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

any compatibility issues with certain motors with the new software?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so will this new software work on the LCD eventually?

Also, any benefits for 1S?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I'm bit a confused and having problems finding a balance with the beta software.

Need some help understanding the difference between #4 DRRS (Start Mode) and #15 Supercharger Punch. And how they affect and/or compliment each other? Similarly, #9 AMTS (Timing) and #12 Supercharger Boost Level.

Thx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.