R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2776
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
hey solara, up untill the time you snapped your motors, were the new programs equal to, almost equal to or better than the tekin? please tell us the new programs will be worth waiting for. i would like nothing better than to shut down some of the local tekin drivers,,,lol
When the time I toasted all my motor...NO. That was very close, but defintiely not faster or better, because if it is any better, I should not overheated 4 motors in 1 day.

However, that was like 4 VERSIONS before the current version that we received 2 days ago....yes, 4 different versions were developed since last 2 months....you have to give credit to SP team to test, revise and improve their work.

When the time you see the new version on SP website ready for you to download and use, it will be as fast or even BETTER then V203.

However, we cannot tell TEKIN to stop developing their software. They might have something cooking already....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #2777
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
When the time I toasted all my motor...NO. That was very close, but defintiely not faster or better, because if it is any better, I should not overheated 4 motors in 1 day.

However, that was like 4 VERSIONS before the current version that we received 2 days ago....yes, 4 different versions were developed since last 2 months....you have to give credit to SP team to test, revise and improve their work.

When the time you see the new version on SP website ready for you to download and use, it will be as fast or even BETTER then V203.

However, we cannot tell TEKIN to stop developing their software. They might have something cooking already....
I think that Tekin is close to what is possible ad the moment.
I think that Speedpassion also will reach that point the mamba and other speedo's also. The LRP drivers need to wait till a new speedo comes out.
I thought this was also the thing just before the Advanced came, so I think that I will be wrong again and that the cars will go faster again.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #2778
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Sorry for veering a little off topic, but I was intrigued by the thermal tape idea. I was only aware of paste like thermal compound, and for other reasons found tapes and many adhesives to be poor heat conductors. I can definitely state that any rubber based tape in particular is a poor heat conductor, which is why I first joined in.

Anyway, a little searching on thermal tape turned up this from wisegeek (a couple of other sources concurred):

Quote:
Thermal tape acts as a coupler to hold the heatsink while it fills small gaps between the two surfaces to more efficiently transfer heat away from the chip. The problem with thermal tape is that it isn’t a very efficient conductor of heat. Luckily there are other options available that do a better job……..

Some of the materials used instead of thermal tape include grease pads, silicon and ceramic pastes, and metal-based pastes.……..

Instead of thermal tape, an epoxy-based thermal grease might be chosen. It will transfer heat better than thermal tape, though the bond will be permanent.
Perhaps this would be of some use to anyone experiencing heat issues with a thermal taped heatsink.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program already in progress......
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #2779
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I think that Tekin is close to what is possible ad the moment.
I think that Speedpassion also will reach that point the mamba and other speedo's also. The LRP drivers need to wait till a new speedo comes out.
I thought this was also the thing just before the Advanced came, so I think that I will be wrong again and that the cars will go faster again.
There is a limit on things...

Alot of TEKIN user already thing V203 is really pushing the current speedo/brushless motor to its limit...they did it a very clever way, to make the motor run the FASTEST at the right time and at the right spot and still make the motor COOL...but again, that is very much for motor like 13.5 and slower. When TITC ppl using 11.5...it is really a fair ground for all the speedo...yes, TEKIN and LRP still has the edge but it is no longer as dominated as it is on 13.5 and 17.5 motor...

Stay tune...once SP USA is up and running, the software will come along for download. And it will be TURBO within.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #2780
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

will this option be able to be set from within the LCD Programmer?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #2781
Tech Fanatic

Default Firmware Damage First!

Quote:

Alot of TEKIN user already thing V203 is really pushing the current speedo/brushless motor to its limit...they did it a very clever way, to make the motor run the FASTEST at the right time and at the right spot and still make the motor COOL...but again, that is very much for motor like 13.5 and slower. When TITC ppl using 11.5...it is really a fair ground for all the speedo...yes, TEKIN and LRP still has the edge but it is no longer as dominated as it is on 13.5 and 17.5 motor...

Stay tune...once SP USA is up and running, the software will come along for download. And it will be TURBO within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
will this option be able to be set from within the LCD Programmer?
Very good question Cain!
and if LCD can't fix FIRMWARE DAMAGE with re-flash like Adam said.
Accident like that would not be tolerated.

First thing First How will Speed Passion fix Firmware Damaged on ESC.

Until now there is only one, TEAMWAVE who can Flash their ESC without turning it on, and re-flash if it's Er.

I still have the evidence and i will not send it to Speed Passion (HONGKONG).

Speed Passion must think about this mess.

not just Speed Passion, All ESC Developers must have Secure Firmware Flash.

yeah, that's right the real name is not Updates / Upgrades, it's
Firmware Flash,

Everyone know's that Flash a Firmware on BIOS CHIP is very easy, without computer boot.

Most of today Computer Mainboard is dual BIOS Build in,
to help keep up to date for it's Firmware, and Protect it from Firmware Damaged, the primary BIOS is work like Backup BIOS CHIP, while Secondary BIOS is The one to be Updated, and any thing happen to the Secondary BIOS, Dual BIOS Mainboard will always easy to restored it back.

Another way is by Unplugging The Firmware Damaged BIOS CHIP, and reflash the BIOS CHIP on the Ready Bootable Mainboard, by Replacing After Boot Mainboard BIOS CHIP, with the Firmware Damaged BIOS CHIP, and Reflash it.
but this way seem impossible to do it, since the BIOS CHIP inside ESC is Soldered.

The New Method is like on the TeamWave Handheld Programmer, They are using Firmware Method Updates Directly to the BIOS/ROM, So if The Firmware Flash is Failed,Broken or Damaged, The Handheld can RE-FLASH it back.

Perhaps it's a bit confusing for some of you, but what TeamWave did developed their Handheld Programmer is quite Smart and The best Guaranteed for it's success in Firmware Flash.

Hope All developers Companies who Produce ESC can follow this Method,
it is very sensitive on how things work, and for Safety Reason.

like i said i will keep this evidence until Speed Passion Release the SOLUTION!

Thank's
Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #2782
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:

I can't speak for the larger tracks, but on our 36x77 carpet track the 107 firmware is definetly up to par with the lrp and others but the tekin still has a VERY noticable advantage. I have out run the blue speedos but am about to cook a motor trying to stay with the tekin, I've been the only non tekin to be able to get in the a-main at our club races but its about to cost me a motor just trying to stay compeditive, so I can understand and appreciate the concern for making the new firmware SAFE and fast. I'm coming off the track with motor temps @180 now.
Gwoodrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #2783
Tech Rookie

Default Speed...?

We can all understand that it takes time to come out with something competitive and safe yeah.... but how long can some people wait before they have to go out and buy an lrp or tekin? Yeah the 107 software is good but its still a distance away from what is fastest at the moment. I am slowly losing confidence in the speed passion stuff as there are a couple of manufacturers at the moment that are ahead of the game... Do i stick with my sp stuff on 10.5 or do i just go with what i know is fast as at the moment i know il go to a race meeting and be struggling...
rjmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #2784
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I can't speak for the larger tracks, but on our 36x77 carpet track the 107 firmware is definetly up to par with the lrp and others but the tekin still has a VERY noticable advantage. I have out run the blue speedos but am about to cook a motor trying to stay with the tekin, I've been the only non tekin to be able to get in the a-main at our club races but its about to cost me a motor just trying to stay compeditive, so I can understand and appreciate the concern for making the new firmware SAFE and fast. I'm coming off the track with motor temps @180 now.
77 foot track is pretty small in my opinion...I too ran a race @ some place with similar size and like you said, my 110 setup is par with TEKIN. However, we all know that is not true when the track is getting bigger and more open. I just can't tell ppl SP speedo is as fast as TEKIN ONLY when your track is 80 foot and shorter/smaller. I remember those who was using 203 ended up downgrade to 200 in order to adopt the track size.

For those who has TEKIN (including me) their software is very EFFICIENT...fast is not a right term to discribe that. It applied the power to the motor at the right place, at the right time and motor/speedo does not get hot (if the setup is correct or close enough).

Like you...running @ 180 is NOT the right way to be fast. Trust me, when I was testing all those non-released software...I think the coolest one was above 200 degrees..and they are ended up a "SPOOL" within the motor cast at the end. Just not good enough to be release....
Old 03-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #2785
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Okay so i have a few speed passions ESC sitting here at my place O.o

SP GT 1.1 Pro
SP GT 2.0 LPF (New) Clear Smoke Buttom Case
SP GT 2.0 LPF (Old) Solid Black buttom Slightly different Fan

From my feeling i like the 1.1 for pure bashing.
I can gear really stoopid and it still takes decent abuse.
Including falling apart casing etc etc.

I was wondering if they ever made updates for the 1.1 ?
What hardware changes were made between Clear and Solid Black Casing ?
Is the SP GT 2.0 Pro Really a lot better over the LPFs ?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #2786
Tech Master

Quote:

The lower the turns on the motor, the closer the field will be.
I have raced against the Speedpassion V2.0 before Tekin came with the V203.
The speedo was on the large and small track fast.
For what I have seen it accelerated very smooth.
Now with the V203 the Speedpassion is no match but it will be soon because I believe Speedpassion has the answer on the Tekin.
I think that as Speedpassion has also a Turbo, than have GM, Tekin and SP an advantage over the other speedo's on the large track.
All speedo's are closing in again and this is good.

I like the silver collar speedo from Speedpassion. It looks good.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #2787
Tech Master

Quote:
77 foot track is pretty small in my opinion...I too ran a race @ some place with similar size and like you said, my 110 setup is par with TEKIN. However, we all know that is not true when the track is getting bigger and more open. I just can't tell ppl SP speedo is as fast as TEKIN ONLY when your track is 80 foot and shorter/smaller. I remember those who was using 203 ended up downgrade to 200 in order to adopt the track size.

For those who has TEKIN (including me) their software is very EFFICIENT...fast is not a right term to discribe that. It applied the power to the motor at the right place, at the right time and motor/speedo does not get hot (if the setup is correct or close enough).

Like you...running @ 180 is NOT the right way to be fast. Trust me, when I was testing all those non-released software...I think the coolest one was above 200 degrees..and they are ended up a "SPOOL" within the motor cast at the end. Just not good enough to be release....
I got my car the fastest as my motor temp was between the 175 and 200F.
Now with the new software it doesn't matter that much any more and I feel that a lower temp with a max temp of 165F is running better.

=So I think were you are talking about is the same as Tekin with the V203.
You need lower temps to prevent that the motor gets to much timing ad once.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 03-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #2788
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmracer View Post
We can all understand that it takes time to come out with something competitive and safe yeah.... but how long can some people wait before they have to go out and buy an lrp or tekin? Yeah the 107 software is good but its still a distance away from what is fastest at the moment. I am slowly losing confidence in the speed passion stuff as there are a couple of manufacturers at the moment that are ahead of the game... Do i stick with my sp stuff on 10.5 or do i just go with what i know is fast as at the moment i know il go to a race meeting and be struggling...
LOL this is always the case isn't it. You just want a copy of the prototype software and when your speedy/motor blows up you will complian that it was the softwares fault even though it wasn't final. This same story happened to the Tekin users who were being beaten by other speedies last year. Some ppl had a cry and sold their speedies thinking tekin wasn't looking after them. Now take a look. Those same ppl look stupid. The software war means one speedy will have an advantage. Tomorrow it could be SP. They still want your business so they will try to develop software to at least match tekin. Why don't you just give them a chance to improve the software and get it right. It may just be worth the wait. Everyone is improving their software. I have software on my speedy now that is faster than tekin, but isn't perfect. It takes time and testing to produce reliable performance. Just keep in mind that out of the top speedies on the market, the SP is the most bullet proof and will have the most potential due to this.