R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 AM   #2731
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
But the ESC also had a SP label wrapped around the outside of the ESC? That is hardly a cooling option

And he spent the entire weekend walking around in a SP shirt with his name emblazoned on the top of it
Is this person you are talking named Stick King?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #2732
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What an appropriate name!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #2733
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Yeah man, the only requirement of the product is that you supply a sensor based ESC and sensored motor

I've personally run it with a Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Tekin RS, SP GT esc's, as for motors, I've used Tekins, Novaks, SP's
Hello,

Today I want to test my new ESC Tekin RS Pro with the SPBA01. Motor test is OK. But when I try brushless system analysis, only the seven leds blinks. Motor does nothing. Someone know this problem ? And the solution ?

Tia.
evolution1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #2734
Tech Rookie

Default Oki do'ki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Just finished racing at the TITC event in Thailand where there was over 300 entries. Funniest thing at the whole event was watching the Speed Passion team drivers in the brushless class. They had Tekin ESC's with a heatsink stuck on top with Speed Passion stickers stuck around the outside

Now that is just hilarious
It's pretty clear that cannon are saying that it was more than one SP drivers that used the Tekin ESC with SP heat sink and stickers.

I like to see some proper proof.

Please give us some name of the drivers involved.

Asgeir
snappy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #2735
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Contracted drivers...and sponsored drivers. Then, different region/country has different requirment. Big different....

As far as I was told from those who did attended the TITC including Scotty himself.....track (on ground) are 70*c, that is close to 160*F on ground. If they can mount a refrigerator above the speedo, they will do that.

"THAT" person...using SP heat sink and fan and even stickers around his TEKIN probably is for only 1 reason - cool down the speedo. My concern is...was he contracted/instructed to use ONLY SPEED PASSION speed control at TITC...?

Was he using SP speedo on the qualifier then switch to Tekin? Or he was using Tekin since day 1 at TITC.........?

May be his "requirment" was not enforcing him MUST use Speed Passion speed controller at all....may be he is only required to use at leas 1 item on his car, like the Speed Passion motor and batteries.

Someone will investigated that very soon....and please don't make this a big deal. It was only a STOCK class. We don't see this happened on the PRO-Mod level.

I can ensure this...the upcoming 02XX, 02XX softwares would not disappoint the current GT2 and GT2.1 owner if running STOCK...ask yourself this, 'HOW FAST CAN YOU GO" and "I need DRAG BRAKE PLEASE".....

I have multiple phone calls and emails telling me this is the Tekin killer (or at least equivalent) in 13.5 and 17.5 classes..........and sorry to say that, if that is true, it will be banned from some track or races just like Tekin does except 13.5.

Don't create a DRAMA because of this race or this driver or this incident...the important thing is, does the new software up to par with the stock competition aka TEKIN V203 domination? They answered the question...someone said it was the fastest car out there. They didn't win...but winning is not necessary because you have the fastest car....remember, they were testing the software @ the race, not like they have the software a month ahead and do the testing. They use it the 1st day and fine tune it till the end of the event...

I will let SHAWN and hopefully Adam to finish the rest....Out.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #2736
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Contracted drivers...and sponsored drivers. Then, different region/country has different requirment. Big different....

As far as I was told from those who did attended the TITC including Scotty himself.....track (on ground) are 70*c, that is close to 160*F on ground. If they can mount a refrigerator above the speedo, they will do that.

"THAT" person...using SP heat sink and fan and even stickers around his TEKIN probably is for only 1 reason - cool down the speedo. My concern is...was he contracted/instructed to use ONLY SPEED PASSION speed control at TITC...?

Was he using SP speedo on the qualifier then switch to Tekin? Or he was using Tekin since day 1 at TITC.........?

May be his "requirment" was not enforcing him MUST use Speed Passion speed controller at all....may be he is only required to use at leas 1 item on his car, like the Speed Passion motor and batteries.

Someone will investigated that very soon....and please don't make this a big deal. It was only a STOCK class. We don't see this happened on the PRO-Mod level.

I can ensure this...the upcoming 02XX, 02XX softwares would not disappoint the current GT2 and GT2.1 owner if running STOCK...ask yourself this, 'HOW FAST CAN YOU GO" and "I need DRAG BRAKE PLEASE".....

I have multiple phone calls and emails telling me this is the Tekin killer (or at least equivalent) in 13.5 and 17.5 classes..........and sorry to say that, if that is true, it will be banned from some track or races just like Tekin does except 13.5.

Don't create a DRAMA because of this race or this driver or this incident...the important thing is, does the new software up to par with the stock competition aka TEKIN V203 domination? They answered the question...someone said it was the fastest car out there. They didn't win...but winning is not necessary because you have the fastest car....remember, they were testing the software @ the race, not like they have the software a month ahead and do the testing. They use it the 1st day and fine tune it till the end of the event...

I will let SHAWN and hopefully Adam to finish the rest....Out.
The new SW is looking good. Gonna test it tonight on the rug.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #2737
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

I know this isn't my place to say this but I'm gonna. I've been running the LPF-GT2 this winter in the 13.5 12th scale class at my home track located in Kennet Square Pa. They did a layout change about 2 weeks ago. This past Saturday was a Trophy race. Driving kept me in second but I couldn't keep up with any of the Tekins running the 203 software on the straight. It's only 85ft but it was enough to see the difference between to 2. 1 guy had the Mamba and he was able to keep up. I guess my point to this post is if the new SP software is already showing promise to atleast equal tekins 203 U need to release it before all your loyals that don't run mod buy something else. If U put it out now U give us a fighting chance. Then if U improve it afterwardes just release another.

TY.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2738
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMRocket69 View Post
I know this isn't my place to say this but I'm gonna. I've been running the LPF-GT2 this winter in the 13.5 12th scale class at my home track located in Kennet Square Pa. They did a layout change about 2 weeks ago. This past Saturday was a Trophy race. Driving kept me in second but I couldn't keep up with any of the Tekins running the 203 software on the straight. It's only 85ft but it was enough to see the difference between to 2. 1 guy had the Mamba and he was able to keep up. I guess my point to this post is if the new SP software is already showing promise to atleast equal tekins 203 U need to release it before all your loyals that don't run mod buy something else. If U put it out now U give us a fighting chance. Then if U improve it afterwardes just release another.

TY.
Like anything, if it is not "perfect", it shouldn't be released. Look at Toyota. I understand your concerns, but at the same time, Speedpassion doesn't want a bunch of esc's coming back because they blew up with the latest software. Getting closer to Tekin is cool, but at what cost? The next run blowing up both your motor and esc? Just give it time guys...we are almost there. Once it is shown that it is faster and still stable enough for the public to run, it will be released. Since the 107 and the 110, there has been 4 or maybe 5 updates already. Trust me when i say, you guys probably wouldn't of liked the early ones....

Thanks for your continued support...SP is closer to getting there than you think.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #2739
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

When you guys with the latest software for stock in testing get a chance, would really like to hear how its doing in 1/12 1S usage or 1/10 WGT 1S usage against the Tekins.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #2740
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone13 View Post
to come back to the topic,
I tested last week some Softwares at a midsized highgrip track (SP 13,5T v3.0) :

without stocksoftware laptime 12.08sec (punch on VIII,ESC Timing max, motortiming max), motortemp 53 degres

on the 110 Stocksoftware 11.94sec (punch on VIII,ESC timingmax,
motortiming max) motortemp 59degres and just a little better starting punch

on the 107 stocksoftware 11.81sec (punch on VII, ESC timing max, motortiming max) motortemp 66degres and alot more starting punch and better topspeed with same FDR
please can you provide FDR? Thank you
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2741
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMRocket69 View Post

TY.
Have you experienced 1 blew 13.5 motor per qualifier...ended up 4 blew 13.5 brushless motors in 1 day (6 hours period) and without finishing 1 race..? Even if the software is kinda fast but it will cost you $80 a pop x 4 per day, would you be happy to use that?

Thats why we have to go UPS and DOWNS and make sure there are close to "NO" problem before we can release it...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #2742
Tech Legend

Is it possible for you guys to lock certain settings on a software? lets say timing past X causes the motor failure, can you lock that down ?

With Shawn heading up that new thing, does that mean we have support in the USA for Speed Passion issues? Do we then send stuff to this new support office or does it need to go direct to HK?

Lastly, just saw the Much More speedo:

whats up with that??

I guess the part I am curious about is this from the description:

Quote:
Brushless ESC with USB
wonder if they put USB on the ESC?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #2743
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Is it possible for you guys to lock certain settings on a software? lets say timing past X causes the motor failure, can you lock that down ?

With Shawn heading up that new thing, does that mean we have support in the USA for Speed Passion issues? Do we then send stuff to this new support office or does it need to go direct to HK?

Lastly, just saw the Much More speedo:

whats up with that??

I guess the part I am curious about is this from the description:

wonder if they put USB on the ESC?
Hey guys, am so glad that tjhe SP boys are still around, I know I have my own views but these guys do deserve the respect and support which, hopefully, they are recieving.

Fleta 3.0 (is another HW rebadge aka Venom, Fleta, Hobbywing and ??).
This has not turned out to be such a bad thing in the past, and they are not the only ones doing it LRP SPX to Nosram Matrix, and another brand with the same ESC but with 'varied' software due out in March.

The difference, as has been pointed out in the past, is in the quality of the people involved in each of these brands, the SP guys are really the only ones who are heavily involved in developing these Speedo's to their maximum potential, and as such are a valuable resource to us ALL. Never had much luck with Muchmore stuff though so .......
Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #2744
Tech Legend

thanks for the info!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #2745
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
thanks for the info!
Cain,

It's nothing new. SP, Venom, Much More (Now) and Turnigy is all made by Hobby Wing. I called out Shawn when he started making BS specs for the ESC. I was the one who gave HW a lot of ideas even before they were thinking of making a car ESC. They (HW) told me many times they had no plan to do a car controller, but then I was surprised when Pan started asking me questions of what I would want in a car controller. I even have the first Xerun to hit the US. My last idea for them was the LCD programmer with the USB update. I'll be waiting now to see how many companies will do the HW way and wait a little to get something nice done. Good thing I saved all the MSN messages I had with Pan. I have to figure out how not to affect a US company.
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote