Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Is anyone having any success with running a 13.5 SP V3 motor with the Tekin with the v203? I am really having issues finding a good setup that works well with this motor in a rubber TC. It just seems slow. I took my same setup from my Duo 2 and tried to apply it with very little success.
I am really interested in FDR, RPM range, Ramp and delay.
Thanks...
Duo 2 ran higher FDR then V3 for sure...(like my Duo 2 was 7.0 final and V3 was close to 6, low 6s). You should think about that on your V3 13.5 as well. I don't know what was your final drive but I think 6.0, high 5 or low 6 might be the answer, depends on how long is your track....

Duo 2 Hurricane BOOST motor = timing = stock 10*

drag brake: 10-15 for 13.5 (depends on track layout and size)
neutral width is your preference (10?)
reverse = 0
reverse strength= 80
throttle profile = 5 (some people use 3)
motor type = BL/FW (brushless, no reverse)
push control = off
timing = 50
turbo = 10

advanced:
turbo ramp = 3.0
timing range:
End RPM: 12,000
Start RPM: 3,000 (pick the high 2000 close to 3000)

My idea is...use the MOTOR/Timing more on the infield, and only use the speedo timing, boost, turbo on the straight...

I think your final drive might be too high IF you are using the DUO 2 gearing compare to V3.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Okay

Originally Posted by cannon
Just finished racing at the TITC event in Thailand where there was over 300 entries. Funniest thing at the whole event was watching the Speed Passion team drivers in the brushless class. They had Tekin ESC's with a heatsink stuck on top with Speed Passion stickers stuck around the outside

Now that is just hilarious
Can’t believe that’s a fact. Everybody got mobile phones with cameras these days, and I guess forums like this would we overloaded with pictures confirming your statement by now . Can’t be that hard to slick the mobile phone out of your pocket, and snap a quick picture of the Tekin RS Pro together with the SP heat sink and stickers.

Please show us some pictures.

Asgeir
Old 03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snappy89
Can’t believe that’s a fact. Everybody got mobile phones with cameras these days, and I guess forums like this would we overloaded with pictures confirming your statement by now . Can’t be that hard to slick the mobile phone out of your pocket, and snap a quick picture of the Tekin RS Pro together with the SP heat sink and stickers.

Asgeir
Asgeir, good point.

Post a photo or is this just srirring the pot? I call Bull.

Rob.... I'll apologize later if need be.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Shawn Palmer to head King Golden...

http://www.redrc.net/2010/03/shawn-p...ng-golden-usa/

Is Adam part of this team as well?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by san.
Shawn Palmer to head King Golden...

http://www.redrc.net/2010/03/shawn-p...ng-golden-usa/

San you are realy tune.....

Shawn Palmer is on responsible, product developmet
that just great, cant wait for the progress.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

King Golden Ltd, parent company of Speed Passion, Speed Power & East Coast bodies, have today announced that Shawn Palmer will head the new King Golden USA sales and support office. In addition to online, email and telephone technical support, Shawn will also be responsible for enhancing dealer sales, product development, USA advertising coordination and technical writing for all King Golden brands.

Congratulation Shawn, seems someone must have been listening
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So will SP have a price drop now? It was bad when he fooled a few into buying a more expensive version of the HW ESC. Adam seems a bit angry by telling his clients to send items to HK. I hope the Much More version of the HW ESC is Much More expensive to make SP look kind of good. Then they have to hope Venom drops the line. What a mess and I hope HW doesn't come to the US direct and mess everything up. Thinking about it for a bit, SP could say the BD ESCs are based on them so SP could increase the price. What about Adam, is he going to be part of SP USA as well?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shawn,

Now that you're with SP, fill us in on that wireless power wonder thing. I saw something in SP's website.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Asgeir

One of the fellow Australians took a picture. Hopefully it is clear enough. When we get back we will try to post it. You have to remember that the SP guys were trying to hide the fact. Plenty of guys saw it including Scotty Ernst I believe.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
Working on that
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Asgeir
i land in oz in the next 24 hrs and then you will have the pics your all waiting for

of the speed tekin passion

just post a setup for it on the tekin thread

its a gun and trhe skick king went well
Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

One of the fellow Australians took a picture. Hopefully it is clear enough. When we get back we will try to post it. You have to remember that the SP guys were trying to hide the fact. Plenty of guys saw it including Scotty Ernst I believe.
he use tekin esc but sp heatsink cos his tekin esc is overheating...so oni sp heatsink can fit on top the tekin esc...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hy,
I cannot belive that an official SP driver will use a "SP labeled" Tekin ESC.

maybe it is just like kschu said that the Tekin ones Overhead and so the guys use the SP heatsink? 8 I know a guy who is doing the same with his Tekin in 4wd offroad) ... also the only official SP drivers I know are not running in stock class.

to come back to the topic,
I tested last week some Softwares at a midsized highgrip track (SP 13,5T v3.0) :

without stocksoftware laptime 12.08sec (punch on VIII,ESC Timing max, motortiming max), motortemp 53 degres

on the 110 Stocksoftware 11.94sec (punch on VIII,ESC timingmax,
motortiming max) motortemp 59degres and just a little better starting punch

on the 107 stocksoftware 11.81sec (punch on VII, ESC timing max, motortiming max) motortemp 66degres and alot more starting punch and better topspeed with same FDR

also tried a new software (not available for the moment) and run a 11.73 with motortiming at max, ESC timing at 22,5 and DRRS at VII. Alot more punch and speed but also higher temps on the Motor 78degres. Difficult to drive because of the high starting punch. Need some more time to adjust the settings.

was not having alot of time but I will try next time to reduce the motortiming to reduce a little the motortemp. its a worth to wait to the new softwares when they come because they run great ...

I normaly only run modified and for an example with a 5,5T on lipos I run on the same track an 11.63 and apart from the straight not really a difference on that track to the 13,5T with the prototype software.

now lets see what It will be at the ETS in Warshaw because there they will built a really big track so lets see how the SP esc's perform there .

regards Tom
p.s big respect for Adam and the SP crew informing the people in this Forum ...great job guys .

(sorry for my bad english)
Old 03-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbone13
Hy,
I cannot belive that an official SP driver will use a "SP labeled" Tekin ESC.

maybe it is just like kschu said that the Tekin ones Overhead and so the guys use the SP heatsink? 8 I know a guy who is doing the same with his Tekin in 4wd offroad) ... also the only official SP drivers I know are not running in stock class.

But the ESC also had a SP label wrapped around the outside of the ESC? That is hardly a cooling option

And he spent the entire weekend walking around in a SP shirt with his name emblazoned on the top of it
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

But the ESC also had a SP label wrapped around the outside of the ESC? That is hardly a cooling option

And he spent the entire weekend walking around in a SP shirt with his name emblazoned on the top of it
i know who is him, his name is stick king...seem like he use sp sticker to stick down the heatsink on tekin.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.