Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
Based on what I am seeing, MOST of the people posting here are running the SP in On-road applications. What to do about Off-road?

I'm in the process of setting up a Sp GT v2.0 mated to a 10.5 BL motor (with the new power current plugin system by Banzai. Anyone have any tips or setups for Off-road 4wd? I think I have the layout figured out, but my concern is with the placement of the capacitor etc. Is there anything different I should know about off-road vs on-road?

I'm running mine offroad. 2WD 13.5. I did'nt do anything special. I nosed around the thread and asked some questions about which program to run. I made some adjustments on my radio after running it but that's it. Works great. Smooth throttle, great braking. Feel a little guilty because I know it really shines onroad.

What are you concerned about with the cap? Mine has long leads. Just ran it up to a space on the chassis and 3m double taped it to the side.

Rob.........

MOmo
.ooops. Goofed. Post is in the quote...

Last edited by Robio; 02-25-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: goofed
Old 02-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

what post was the 1s answer to the question in?

Last edited by Drillit; 02-26-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: searched 1s in thread found it DUH
Old 02-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Some advice for someone outta time

Could anybody give me a starting suggestion for software version, FDR and timing advance. I'm running 13.5t rubber carpet touring on a track where the main straight is the length of a basketball court.

I have GT2.0 LPF speedo with Novak 13.5t motor (need to change this asap at the sensor wire is integrated into the motor - rubbish idea - SP 3.0 here I come). Last time I raced at this track I was using a Novak GTB esc with no timing advance and it was pants. There I had FDR=5.5.

I am running cells, not lipo, which can cause a problem as if the current draw on the motor gets too high the Spektrum receiver can cut out. I now have a Spektrum voltage protector capacitor, but still trying to draw too much current will only cause the voltage to drop and the motor to bog down. Would changing from my 6V servo to a 7.2V FET help the Spectrum as the power is taken directly from the battery and not from the BEC?

I'm looking for something smooth out of the turns and a decent top end, without overheating the motor. I only get one timed practice so not much space for trial and error. The most important thing is software, as I will not be able to change this on the day. I am using 110 at the moment on a much smaller track, but not sure if I would be better off with a milder program and higher gearing in terms of top-end vs temperature.

Also, does anybody know if the over-temperature motor protection from the Novak motor is compatible with the SP esc? I know it worked with the Novak esc, just not sure if the thermocouple, or whatever it uses is compatible.

Sorry about the verbal diarrhea, but wanted to give as much background as possible.

Any suggestions greatly received (Except for going Lipo; its on the list but money is really tight at the moment )

Ben
Old 02-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi guys i have just spoken to schumacher uk chasing up my lcd program card i have on order, they tell me 10 days but also told me the delay is prob caused by the fact there is a new version due..has anyone else heard this as i cant find any info on a new release info on a lcd program card...they said it was just cosmetic changes but if anyone knows more info i'd love to hear it..ive got my gt 2 pro and cant change the software from mod to stock and vice versa at the mo

did they get their wires crossed with another product ?????
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by abailey21
Irgo, YOU need to contact Speed Passion and tell them to send me to the worlds....please
you need more voice than just me,
i guess,....
but for you i can say yes
Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion LCD Professional New Look M.E.P.C

Originally Posted by mark williams
hi guys i have just spoken to schumacher uk chasing up my lcd program card i have on order, they tell me 10 days but also told me the delay is prob caused by the fact there is a new version due..has anyone else heard this as i cant find any info on a new release info on a lcd program card...they said it was just cosmetic changes but if anyone knows more info i'd love to hear it..ive got my gt 2 pro and cant change the software from mod to stock and vice versa at the mo

did they get their wires crossed with another product ?????

Adam was right, it's nice looking.
and The Bolt seem to look Upgradable it's hardwares,
as the new Cirtix case looks like.
where the text is at the bottom button, is smart way.
but still with 4 buttons as usual
Item,Value,Reset,OK.

The Port USB,Signal1,extra power. looks the same. way.
-at extra power port it view a bad presentation, the third pin didn't look very nice, which i think speed passion must fix it as soon as possible.

It's Labeled as
"Multi ESC Program Card" "Speed Passion"
Hope it will work's on all Speed Passion ESC.

as , it's No longer called "LCD Professional..."
but this is may be the Right LCD Professional worth to wait.

hope there is new thing on Multi ESC Program Card Software and Firmware.

The next thing is will speed passion support
allow us to replace previous LCD Professional with These M.E.P.C.

Last edited by irgo; 02-26-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
Nope...not for V1.1.
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, when you say the v1.1 won't work with mod 1s, do you mean it won't run at all with 1s, or is it that it will be dog slow because it doesn't have all the fancy timing advance features of the later speedos?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
Solara wiring is wrong.

Kriss you are put wires the wrong way,

you might be inverted between wires,

keep in mind the red is at center,
try to invert the white and the black wires.

look again at the video
Speed Passion Switch
Yupe...FAILED. I cannot even wire my own speedo thats why I have others to build RC cars for me...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tortoise 1
Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, when you say the v1.1 won't work with mod 1s, do you mean it won't run at all with 1s, or is it that it will be dog slow because it doesn't have all the fancy timing advance features of the later speedos?
Not enough voltage to even get that thing started...very simple, you can hook it up and try it and see that even start or not.

To be honest, I was TOLD at the beginning the V1. and V1.1 won't even work with 1s lipo...4.8V Nimh was the lowest....but you can prove me wrong.

With no software upgrade feature, I don't think V1.1 would work. But again...my 1.1 was like 3 years old now, I use it for SCT now with MOD motor.

For 12th scale 1S, I am sorry to say...at this moment, you need to think about the "T" brand. But I know SP is working on something about 1S application.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Are we ever going to get the new software?

I'm not sure how much longer I can wait, I had the only car in the a-main last night that wasn't a tekin and I am having to over drive the car on the infield to make up for what I lose on the straight and running motor temps 160-170 just to try to keep up. Help! we need something soon.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

We all just need to be a little more patient for a short period, if everything goes ok with what they're testing at the TITC then they'll release it. There's no point in them rushing and releasing software that just isn't ready and tested fully.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
you need more voice than just me,
i guess,....
but for you i can say yes
No Irgo, i just need you
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adam, Speed Passion will be losing a valuable resource if they are foolish enough to let you go. Now maybe I am not a massive lover of Speed Passion, but I know a top bloke when I see one.

Here's hoping someone at SP home office sees the sense in keeping you onboard.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Adam, Speed Passion will be losing a valuable resource if they are foolish enough to let you go. Now maybe I am not a massive lover of Speed Passion, but I know a top bloke when I see one.

Here's hoping someone at SP home office sees the sense in keeping you onboard.
You limey...I'm not sure what to call you lol

Your check is in the mail
Old 02-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tortoise 1
Thanks for the reply.

I was running a V1.1 with a duo 2 10.5 and novak booster on 1S lipo, in 1/12 and competing with the "T" until the software came out. As far as lower turns I don't know but 10.5 no problems.
Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.