R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #2506
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
From what has been posted on here, it is a Try at Your Own Risk proposition that some have reported does work, others, it can brick your ESC depending on what you do.

I would say I would just wait for the SP branded unit. I beleive there are a few for sale on RCtech right now.
I bought the hobbywing, and it did work. I would certainly have liked to buy the SP one, however I could not find it anywhere. There are a few posted on the boards but all I can say is good luck.

I do think from what I have read the problem is usually when people try to switch the programing box between programing hobbywing esc's, and SP esc's. The esc's are not the same, and you should be sure which software you are using. I flashed my hobbywing with SP firmware update, and have not had an issue. I also have no intention of using the progammer for anything other than my GT2.0.

Good luck . . .
mupchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #2507
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mupchu View Post
I bought the hobbywing, and it did work. I would certainly have liked to buy the SP one, however I could not find it anywhere. There are a few posted on the boards but all I can say is good luck.

I do think from what I have read the problem is usually when people try to switch the programing box between programing hobbywing esc's, and SP esc's. The esc's are not the same, and you should be sure which software you are using. I flashed my hobbywing with SP firmware update, and have not had an issue. I also have no intention of using the progammer for anything other than my GT2.0.

Good luck . . .
Another deluded soul lol.
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #2508
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

I got an SPX. So far I have been running 17.5T LRP X11 with it, with an FDR of 4.6 in an Xray T2'009. ESC setup: 1/8/1/2. I wan't to start practicing with a SpeedPassion 13.5T Competition 3.0. What would be a good starting FDR?
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #2509
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
I got an SPX. So far I have been running 17.5T LRP X11 with it, with an FDR of 4.6 in an Xray T2'009. ESC setup: 1/8/1/2. I wan't to start practicing with a SpeedPassion 13.5T Competition 3.0. What would be a good starting FDR?
What do you have your motor timing set at for the 17.5 with the 4.6 FDR?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #2510
Tech Master
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21 View Post
Hey all! Anyone know if the Hobbywing LCD Programming Bob, which looks identical to the Speedpassion Box, will work on the Speedpassion ESC's? Pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to verify.
from what ive heard i wouldnt doit ask charlie b wat happened to him
__________________
SPEED PASSION TEAM DRIVER
ADAB RACING FACTORY PILOT
WWW.ADRENALINERACEWAY.COM
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #2511
TEM
Tech Regular
 
TEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 253
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
I just want to say that there is nothing wrong with the Speed Passion ESC. I put my Mi4 in the A main last weekend running against Tekins and LRP's. There was only .3 of a second between fast laps and a one lap difference from first to last after 6 min. of racing. I can't wait to try out the new 2.1 software.
What motor, software, esc program settings and FDR? Looks like you hit on a sweet spot for the right setup!
__________________
TEM doesn't advertise for free! Does anyone else notice that a LOT of companies are not even packaging decals with their products?
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #2512
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
What do you have your motor timing set at for the 17.5 with the 4.6 FDR?
On the motor, it's stock timing. I've let the ESC take care of that.
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #2513
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 74
Default

Hi,

I have a SP v3.0 13.5T motor and a SP GTv2.0 LPF , i use a stick transmitter and when i slightly touch the stick forwards with the car sat on the ground i get a 'juddering' noise and no car movement. I dont know if this is a actual problem or not really ? the motor runs fine when i move the stick further.

I thought this may be due to the sensor unit or either the motor or the esc so i tried unplugging the sensor cable and it runs just the same , should i be able to notice a clear difference when the cable is plugged in or is this broken ?

Also if i go from neutrel to full throttle, there is a slight pause straight away before it gets to full throttle, Any ideas ?

Thanks
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #2514
Tech Master
 
Drillit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwestmo View Post
Hi,

I have a SP v3.0 13.5T motor and a SP GTv2.0 LPF , i use a stick transmitter and when i slightly touch the stick forwards with the car sat on the ground i get a 'juddering' noise and no car movement. I dont know if this is a actual problem or not really ? the motor runs fine when i move the stick further.

I thought this may be due to the sensor unit or either the motor or the esc so i tried unplugging the sensor cable and it runs just the same , should i be able to notice a clear difference when the cable is plugged in or is this broken ?

Also if i go from neutrel to full throttle, there is a slight pause straight away before it gets to full throttle, Any ideas ?

Thanks
read back a page or two..find the "sensor" conversations.....If you have swapped sensor wires and still same, probably is sensor.

Mark

I run a tc4 with the 2.0 lpf with 17.5 v3........
__________________
Mark Tilley
Got T-Bar ? ......... Oregons No ZigZag rule sucks
Bias the weight to the end you want to hit the wall with first!
Searchin fer answers in the Fog.......that's what I found
Drillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #2515
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 74
Default

not tried a new sensor lead yet as i aint really got a clue if thats what was wrong...

does it sound like a sensor problem ?

thanks
madwestmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #2516
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEM View Post
What motor, software, esc program settings and FDR? Looks like you hit on a sweet spot for the right setup!
Trinity Nemesis 17.5, Gold rotor, 0* motor timing
4.21 FDR
GT2.0 LPF 107 software
1.1, 2.5, 3.1, 4.5, 5.4, 6.4, 7.1, 8.1, 9.8, 10.2
__________________
Schumacher Cars
Speed Passion Powered
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #2517
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
from what ive heard i wouldnt doit ask charlie b wat happened to him
I know I was told awhile back that I could use the hobbywing box to program my speed passion esc. Just installed the speed passion software on it and I haven't had any issues at all. I think it was more of using the hobbywing esc software on a spped passion esc and vice versa. Maybe I'm reading the question wrong..
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #2518
Tech Master
 
racerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kamloops B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default yo

hey Drillit... you have a PM....
__________________
Team SCCS ....Team TVRC!!!
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #2519
Tech Fanatic
 
lochness42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 824
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
I got an SPX. So far I have been running 17.5T LRP X11 with it, with an FDR of 4.6 in an Xray T2'009. ESC setup: 1/8/1/2. I wan't to start practicing with a SpeedPassion 13.5T Competition 3.0. What would be a good starting FDR?
I ran about 5 FDR with my SPX with 13.5T v3 in car.
__________________
Pavel Balint
| Schumacher racing-cars.com | RCSGraphicWorx.co.uk | Cat K1 | Cougar SV2 & SVR |
Schumacher cars build videos http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9780E62C20A0EC4F
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #2520
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
I ran about 5 FDR with my SPX with 13.5T v3 in car.
If any, what are the 17.5T-guys at your track running?
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0