R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #2431
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if there is someone in the So Cal area that carries the LCD programmer? I've checked online but nobody had it in stock?!

thanks!
mupchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #2432
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
I still currently prefer my GT 2.0 before my GM esc, but I can do much more with my GM esc settings...


...
Perhaps the reason you prefer your GT2.0 is that you CAN'T adjust all those settings and you can just focus on driving the car?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #2433
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Send a message via MSN to geubes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Perhaps the reason you prefer your GT2.0 is that you CAN'T adjust all those settings and you can just focus on driving the car?
which is quicker than hunting speedo settings all day because theres always that little extra setting to adjust 0.01%, because you will never be happy with such a complicated speedo and then once you got it all sorted out. everyone else has worked on their setup and are lapping quicker anyway .

As much as all those extra settings of a GM are a nice touch, the will play the devils advocatte. Which is one reason i started with LRP/Nosram (one touch, blinking lights) and now gone for speed passion rather than GM. Just dont need those extra possible adjustments for someone who is relitively new to racing
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #2434
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Perhaps the reason you prefer your GT2.0 is that you CAN'T adjust all those settings and you can just focus on driving the car?
No, but the brakes are better on the SP...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #2435
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
which is quicker than hunting speedo settings all day because theres always that little extra setting to adjust 0.01%, because you will never be happy with such a complicated speedo and then once you got it all sorted out. everyone else has worked on their setup and are lapping quicker anyway .

As much as all those extra settings of a GM are a nice touch, the will play the devils advocatte. Which is one reason i started with LRP/Nosram (one touch, blinking lights) and now gone for speed passion rather than GM. Just dont need those extra possible adjustments for someone who is relitively new to racing
I am very happy with the GM and what can be done with it....however, I was never happy with the brakes on it...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #2436
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I guess as Schumacher is the distributer for Speed Passion and GM they have all of their bases covered. I think the SP is the easiest to set up with the programming box. Much easier than blinking lights on other makes. The GM is the most customisable. Once you have the killer setup at your local track it seems to be great, but would probably me a pain at a track that was unfamiliar.

I'm sure that as soon as we get to the bottom of what each of the software versions actually do it will seem like there are more options.
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #2437
Boz
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 948
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Next time I hear you say the word "Cheers" please have a beer ready for me
Zac doesn't drink!!!!!!

Much......
__________________
Chris Bozich
Xray XB4 and XB2
Futaba 4PX and servo's
Powered by Nosram motors and FX engines.
Many thanks to HEI and Perth RC for their support over the years.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #2438
Tech Fanatic
 
jrxs-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Zac doesn't drink!!!!!!

Much......
LOL...
__________________
Cheers,
Zack
___________________________________________________________________________
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #2439
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion new Advanced Settings

Speed Passion
have come in mind

Settings is sorted the right way,
this is the steps by steps settings.

as we see DMTS must be defined first
then DRRS
after That Torque Limit.

So the result sort is

1. Threshold V/Cell Lipo Cut Off
2. Running Operation
3. DMTS 2.0
-----Advanced Settings
4. DRRS 2.0
5. Throotle Percent Reverse
6. Torque Limit
7. ABS Braking
8. Drag Brake
9. Thermal Protection
10. Radio Neutral Range


Now we see that DMTS is not in the Advanced settings
and
DRRS 2.0, Torque Limit, ABS
is in the Advanced settings.

With these thats mean,
we can have right settings for the right motor turn.
which mean also you can run stock or mod motor.
with less Firmware changes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Speed Passion Thread-cirtix-multi-esc-programming.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-cirtix-multi-esc-programming-card.jpg  
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #2440
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #2441
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #2442
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
That appears to be a programmer for the Cirtix speed controller, not the GT.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #2443
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
That appears to be a programmer for the Cirtix speed controller, not the GT.
That's correct,
That's why i am asking to adam
when is speed passion LCD Professional
to allow Torque Limit Custom Value, DMTS 2.0, etc.
even Graphics adjustment software allowed us to have multi curved.

this our mandate.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #2444
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
That's correct,
That's why i am asking to adam
when is speed passion LCD Professional
to allow Torque Limit Custom Value, DMTS 2.0, etc.
even Graphics adjustment software allowed us to have multi curved.

this our mandate.
And you banned me? lol
Someone to translate?
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #2445
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Thumbs up Speed Passion!

Right guys got my 2.0 lpf and v3 10.5 motor the other week done one test session so far and impressed... didnt get enough runs to get the gearing right though but it seems with the new v3 it needs to be geared right down compared to the other motors that are out atm (lrp x12) i ended up gearing on 5.6 on a medium sized track and i think there was still room for more gearing down ....motor wasnt that hot and was still ripping out of the corners this was with all pf the speedo settings on full punch and timing... timing was also full 10 degress on the motor! and yeah from what the guys have said on this thread the brakes are very smooth!

Just after a bit of comfidence really with the different firmware upgrades for the speedo just ordered my LCD PROGRAMMER and after reading some positive things people have said that there is quite an improvment to be had from the software that comes on the speedo from the factory whats peoples poinions on this from testing? and has anyone found one thats really good with 10.5 brushless? I know there are some on this thread but its so long now id need to hire someone to read through it for me ! lol

Cheers guys....SP all the way!
rjmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0