R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #2416
Tech Master
 
Drillit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE 7 View Post
I have tried to run both the 107 and the 110 with my 1s and booster in my 12th Scale and it does not seem to run properly. It winds out when I run it on my bench but as soon as I put it down for a lap, the car is totally slow. I have been stuck running the 312 or the 323 with this set-up. I would like to know how the 107 or 110 can be run with a 1s LiPo and booster in 12th Scale?

Thanks...
Brent, do you come down to Hanger 30 or Timezone?

I've got pinions from 12 to 65 and could not get the above to work any differently than you have.........It seems I have read this post before............

Mark
__________________
Mark Tilley
Got T-Bar ? ......... Oregons No ZigZag rule sucks
Bias the weight to the end you want to hit the wall with first!
Searchin fer answers in the Fog.......that's what I found
Drillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #2417
Tech Initiate
 
Godbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 34
Default Sp feigao endless brushless esc

i need info if anyone have use this esc speed passion feigao EXT68801 ....because for its cheap price i might consider to buying it...and its the only available speed passion esc at my LHs now. planing using it with my v3 11.r motor... so f anyone have info... greatly appreciated...
Godbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #2418
Tech Fanatic
 
lochness42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 824
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone can supply me with good stock setup (for LRP X11 10.5T motor) including fdr? I've been searching for it, but couldn't find it. Thank you very much.
__________________
Pavel Balint
| Schumacher racing-cars.com | RCSGraphicWorx.co.uk | Cat K1 | Cougar SV2 & SVR |
Schumacher cars build videos http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9780E62C20A0EC4F
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #2419
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post


adam when is LCD gets Updates for
adjusting Torque Limit custom value?
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.

At low RPM you have more torque, which is general for all electric motors, which are very different to IC engines! If you assume a decent efficiency through the whole finite RPM range for electric then the way to limit the torque is to decrease the power delivered.

However I do think that it would be cool if you could set a limit in the ESC to, say, 90 Nm (a back of the envelope calculation for a 13.5t motor) over a certain RPM range, independent of which motor you were running, then that would be cool. You could have a 5.5t motor feel like a 13.5t up to 10,000 rpm then progressively get faster and faster.

Ben
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:29 AM   #2420
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo1974 View Post
When using a 10.5T BL with max timing, is there any advantage of the SP GT2 PRO over the SP GT2 LPF ?

Cheers
abailey21 replied with a firm no.

But why is the cont. current and burst current of LPF significantly lower than that of Pro version? Will it affect performance and how?
ronaldo-1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 AM   #2421
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

The main and really only difference between the GT and the LPF is that the GT is made for mod or lower turn motors. The LPF cannot handle motors below 5.5t I believe. You save money to use on track time or the LCD programmer. If your only going to run between 21.5 to 105 turn motors get the LPF.
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #2422
Tech Addict
 
Born2Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.

At low RPM you have more torque, which is general for all electric motors, which are very different to IC engines! If you assume a decent efficiency through the whole finite RPM range for electric then the way to limit the torque is to decrease the power delivered.

However I do think that it would be cool if you could set a limit in the ESC to, say, 90 Nm (a back of the envelope calculation for a 13.5t motor) over a certain RPM range, independent of which motor you were running, then that would be cool. You could have a 5.5t motor feel like a 13.5t up to 10,000 rpm then progressively get faster and faster.

Ben
You cannot limit the torque or reduce the motor power by turning down the epa.It makes it run hotter and less efficient.
__________________
Whatever
Born2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #2423
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.

At low RPM you have more torque, which is general for all electric motors, which are very different to IC engines! If you assume a decent efficiency through the whole finite RPM range for electric then the way to limit the torque is to decrease the power delivered.

However I do think that it would be cool if you could set a limit in the ESC to, say, 90 Nm (a back of the envelope calculation for a 13.5t motor) over a certain RPM range, independent of which motor you were running, then that would be cool. You could have a 5.5t motor feel like a 13.5t up to 10,000 rpm then progressively get faster and faster.

Ben
Hey please someone correct me on this if you will.
I always understood that the DDRS also had an effect upon where the timing came in and how 'soft' or 'brutal' it came in.
If anyone else knows anything about this could you share please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
The main and really only difference between the GT and the LPF is that the GT is made for mod or lower turn motors. The LPF cannot handle motors below 5.5t I believe. You save money to use on track time or the LCD programmer. If your only going to run between 21.5 to 105 turn motors get the LPF.
No you are right, I suppose that the halved On resistance could have some sway, but considering the numbers are uber low anyway AND most of us are using high 'C' current LiPo's then there would be such a miniscule difference to the feel as to be able to ignore it. God knows what would happen to any ESC, Motor or wires if we did pull 100+ amps through them for a sustained period lol
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #2424
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default Speed Passion Torque Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
Power = Torque x RPM, so If you want to limit the torque I suggest you reduce the power (Turn down the endpoints on your Tx). I thought that DDRS was basically a dynamic torque control, it limits the initial torque making acceleration smoother. Alternatively you can adjust the throttle exponential to control the initial torque.
Ben
It's not DDRS it's DRRS

it's Digital Racing Response System
DRRS Control your aggressiveness related to Throttle response.

and the way what you do to control Torque is Classic.

DRRS must not control DMTS.

The reason is because kV changes.
DRRS does not change those kV and didn't involved timing.

The key is that, there is certain Timing is not allowed to appear
when ever the throttle is. Those Timing is only allowed depend on
certain RPM, and that also depend which motor Turn/Winds.
That's why DMTS for.

unlike DRRS where it control the power it opens.

Torque Control is Maintain torque on DMTS.

The result is Highest RPM to Achieve by having Maximum Torque.
The best Acceleration, and Maximum Efficiency.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #2425
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester Hills Michigan
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
It's not DDRS it's DRRS

it's Digital Racing Response System
DRRS Control your aggressiveness related to Throttle response.

and the way what you do to control Torque is Classic.
Isn’t that what the torque control you are asking for does, attempts to control throttle aggressiveness? So it already has that function?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
DRRS must not control DMTS.

The reason is because kV changes.
DRRS does not change those kV and didn't involved timing.

The key is that, there is certain Timing is not allowed to appear
when ever the throttle is. Those Timing is only allowed depend on
certain RPM, and that also depend which motor Turn/Winds.
That's why DMTS for.
That sounds like the dynamic timing, or timing shift, or turbo mode, whatever term you want to use, that you are repeatedly requesting? So (like I seem to remember Mr. Palmer stating long ago) it already has that function as well, which continues to be refined/improved?
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:55 AM   #2426
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
It's not DDRS it's DRRS

it's Digital Racing Response System
DRRS Control your aggressiveness related to Throttle response.

and the way what you do to control Torque is Classic.

DRRS must not control DMTS.

The reason is because kV changes.
DRRS does not change those kV and didn't involved timing.

The key is that, there is certain Timing is not allowed to appear
when ever the throttle is. Those Timing is only allowed depend on
certain RPM, and that also depend which motor Turn/Winds.
That's why DMTS for.

unlike DRRS where it control the power it opens.

Torque Control is Maintain torque on DMTS.

The result is Highest RPM to Achieve by having Maximum Torque.
The best Acceleration, and Maximum Efficiency.
I understand the timing process but what exactly is the DDRS 'doing' to the motor is it checking when to involve timing or is it limiting the power output (a la Torque limiters).
Open to the floor.
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #2427
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
That sounds like the dynamic timing, or timing shift, or turbo mode, whatever term you want to use, that you are repeatedly requesting? So (like I seem to remember Mr. Palmer stating long ago) it already has that function as well, which continues to be refined/improved?
The point is that you cannot control yourself each individual parameter like you can on for example a GM speedo (should "turbo" come in at 10000 RPM or 11500 RPM etc...) Would be nice if SP would provide this kind of software...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #2428
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rochester Hills Michigan
Posts: 7,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
The point is that you cannot control yourself each individual parameter like you can on for example a GM speedo (should "turbo" come in at 10000 RPM or 11500 RPM etc...) Would be nice if SP would provide this kind of software...
Perhaps. But I think it would be far better to have a smooth transition, rather than a sudden change at a specified point. Otherwise you are giving something up before reaching the set point. And in low traction conditions the sudden shift can be challenging. This appears to be what SP is providing. And continuing to improve.
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #2429
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

No wonder we all need a NETBOOK to go to the race track and race toy car now....the topic is so DEEP that I think I need to go back and get a PHD in order to understand.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #2430
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Perhaps. But I think it would be far better to have a smooth transition, rather than a sudden change at a specified point. Otherwise you are giving something up before reaching the set point. And in low traction conditions the sudden shift can be challenging. This appears to be what SP is providing. And continuing to improve.
Nobody said it has to be a sudden change, we would like to have a set of parameters available so you can play with the settings, depending on the parameters you have available there can be any kind of setup from smooth to rapid...when it is like now, all we can do is to use the preset from SP (the new versions work quite well though, but would still be nice to have access to the parameters that the SP engineers have)... I still currently prefer my GT 2.0 before my GM esc, but I can do much more with my GM esc settings...


...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0