R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #226
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Ok bought 2 sensor leads with coloured wiring today.
They confirmed my suspicion.
The lead i recieved with my motor had a pair of pins swapped.
I managed to swap the two wires in question and its working perfectly.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #227
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

That's good to hear dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Ok bought 2 sensor leads with coloured wiring today.
They confirmed my suspicion.
The lead i recieved with my motor had a pair of pins swapped.
I managed to swap the two wires in question and its working perfectly.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #228
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Hey Adam

What version program do you recomend for the LPF2.0 for offroad 2wd mod.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #229
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I found a little glitch in the programming of my SP GT 2.0 Pro today. I had a jump start a few racemeets ago that was unintentional. I thought an easy solution would be to increase the neutral width. While running in a diff today I noticed that the throttle came on strong initially, like have a throttle punch. I looked through my radio settings but couldn't explain it. I then turned to the speedy and tried changing the neutral width down to minimum. Instantly the initial throttle was normal.

My conclusion is that instead of adjusting the nuetral width the speedy is simply ignoring the 1st % of throttle travel and then responding to it after that point. While this would have no real effect on spec racers a mod motor (like a 4.0) shows significant difference. I suggest that this be looked at for the next firmware update.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #230
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
I found a little glitch in the programming of my SP GT 2.0 Pro today. I had a jump start a few racemeets ago that was unintentional. I thought an easy solution would be to increase the neutral width. While running in a diff today I noticed that the throttle came on strong initially, like have a throttle punch. I looked through my radio settings but couldn't explain it. I then turned to the speedy and tried changing the neutral width down to minimum. Instantly the initial throttle was normal.

My conclusion is that instead of adjusting the nuetral width the speedy is simply ignoring the 1st % of throttle travel and then responding to it after that point. While this would have no real effect on spec racers a mod motor (like a 4.0) shows significant difference. I suggest that this be looked at for the next firmware update.
I had the same niggle initially but recalibrated the esc after i rebound my Spektrum and all is good now.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #231
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I found the 205C is by far the best thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
Hey Adam

What version program do you recomend for the LPF2.0 for offroad 2wd mod.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #232
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

Dragonfire:
Razzor is correct - after a neutral band change you'll need to recalibrate the ESC to the transmitter in order for it to work as expected.
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #233
Tech Regular
 
Shawn Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Speed Passion USA Support HQ
Posts: 498
Default

S.Nicholson:
We like the "C" better than the "G" for stock, as the C has a little better top end and smoother throttle response.

For mod, the "G" has a tick more punch, but with mod motors you are not going to tell a big difference between them other than a little different "feel" on the throttle curve. Either one is fine.
__________________
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #234
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

hey guys,
can anyone point me in the direction of a manual for the LPF please ? I've lost mine Can't seem to see it on the speed passion website, or the schumacher website

Thanks
Chris
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #235
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
hey guys,
can anyone point me in the direction of a manual for the LPF please ? I've lost mine Can't seem to see it on the speed passion website, or the schumacher website

Thanks
Chris
What do you need to know ??
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #236
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

What is the difference with 312a and 323a software update ???
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #237
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
What do you need to know ??
The initial setup (neutral, throttle, brakes etc)

The card I'm not so fussed about
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #238
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
The initial setup (neutral, throttle, brakes etc)

The card I'm not so fussed about
OK
simple.
Switch on esc while pressing the set button on the switch.
esc will beep.
with radio in neutral position press button once. esc will beep.
then hold full throttle position and press button once. esc will beep.
then hold full reverse/brake position and press button once. esc will beep.
let go of throttle to neutral position and esc will beep and you should be good to go.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #239
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

ok, neutral first, cool
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #240
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

disregard...
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

Last edited by silverhkswrx; 05-23-2009 at 11:52 PM.
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0