R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #2356
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Suck it up?

Wow dude you sure read my post, It had DEANS ! Was working then it wasn't, so unless I intentionally desoldered the wires and then rotated them would be incredibly difficult to plug them in wrong.

Funny enough this is EXACTLY the attitude I got from the Rep here on the phone. Customer service Tsk Tsk
If you have problems with SP products in UK, why don't you address it to SP UK? If the rep on the phone is not capable, contact the head of the company (write him a good old letter), maybe send a letter too to SP HQ and let them know you have problems with their representatives in the UK.
I am sure that SP USA will not be able to help you with problems you have in the UK.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #2357
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
What I have found on LiPo's and stock racing specifically, and where the rules are "no LiPo warming" is that something like a 25C pack actually has better performance than the 40+ C rating batteries. The reason is that running something like 13 or 17.5T you don't have the draw on the pack to build some heat in the battery. With the good 25C packs and the same draw you'll actually build some heat in the pack and the pack will perform better resulting in a better lap time for you.

And by heat I mean "more than ambient" NOT like 125 degrees!

As for the two batteries you mention specifically I couldn't tell you, ONLY because I have never used either of them.
Adam this is one of the best things on this thread that I have seen posted in a while. I have been running 25c packs for the 2 yrs I have been racing and everyone else is running all of the crazy c ratings that are out there. They are best for Mod racing. The amp draw is just not there, even with the new versions of software that are out. Though this may be a little different than running a 13.5 but just with the "hotter" esc's. My pack comes off around 90deg after a five min run. I dont have any fade what so ever after my run.
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #2358
Tech Initiate

Ok, so I was guilty of talking about some of the OEM manufacturers on this thread, but now I'm following it properly and think I understand it a bit better. As it is basically a Q&A with Schumacher about Speed Passion products maybe the thread could be renamed as "The OFFICIAL Speed Passion Thread". Or maybe have a notice on the top of the thread laying down some ground rules? Then it is easy enough for people wanting to know about the compatability of SP products with those of other manufactures (cells, motors ect) to open a new thread for that. Although Adam does seem to answer many of those questions too, with insight that helps everybody in a very general way. I would never have thought that having a slightly higher internal resistance (lower C rating for cells) could give an advantage!

I'd like to thank Adam and Schumacher/Speed Passion(USA) for this valuable resource. However, Schumacher customer service is not quite so immediate in the UK as it seems to be in the US (I guess they have a smaller team back home), so it is great that this is an international forum. I think some of the people on here don't really understand the frustration of dealing with customer services with many companies in the UK. Like cherry2blost, I had to return a blown SP esc (GT1.1 LPF) to Schumacher UK. On the UK packaging they claim to have a 3 month turn around for repair under warranty, as if that is something to be proud of. After 3.5 months I got a brand new GT2.0 LPF as a replacement, so I was happy about that, not so happy about having to buy an additional ESC to cover me for the 3.5 months! This probably isn't the right thread for cherry2blost to be venting his frustrations in, but I feel his pain. Also it is really hard, verging on impossible to buy an offical SP LCD program box in the UK. I have no idea why, but Schumacher don't have them and nor do any of the big hobby stores.

Ban

ps, I tried the 110 software this week and it was as if I was driving a different car compared to the original software.

pps, some people have said that this is a US thread on a US website, but as I understand it Speed Passion is part of Schumacher which is a UK company and we are all part of a happy Speed Passion family
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #2359
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
If you have problems with SP products in UK, why don't you address it to SP UK? If the rep on the phone is not capable, contact the head of the company (write him a good old letter), maybe send a letter too to SP HQ and let them know you have problems with their representatives in the UK.
I am sure that SP USA will not be able to help you with problems you have in the UK.

See now this is my point, I go quiet then someone trolls up to have a dig at me, in defense of SP which is admirable, but do you not think that I have already sent a strongly worded letter to SP UK? As for King Golden anyone care to give me an address to post it to? I suppose I could send it to the HW factory in Shen Zhen as they may be able to forward it to the correct department.

I am posting this here as a warning to others in Europe who will / are be/being let down by the UK arm of Speed Passion. As stated before nowhere is this thread specific about Speed Passion USA only.

As a side note the American SP owners should thank their lucky stars that they have someone of the Calibre of Adam to turn to for help try not to lose him. (unless he fancies shipping over to Blighty to sort out the CS over here)
Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #2360
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
See now this is my point, I go quiet then someone trolls up to have a dig at me, in defense of SP which is admirable, but do you not think that I have already sent a strongly worded letter to SP UK? As for King Golden anyone care to give me an address to post it to? I suppose I could send it to the HW factory in Shen Zhen as they may be able to forward it to the correct department.

I am posting this here as a warning to others in Europe who will / are be/being let down by the UK arm of Speed Passion. As stated before nowhere is this thread specific about Speed Passion USA only.

As a side note the American SP owners should thank their lucky stars that they have someone of the Calibre of Adam to turn to for help try not to lose him. (unless he fancies shipping over to Blighty to sort out the CS over here)

Telephone: (852)3586-2398
Facsimile: (852)3586-2148
e-Mail contact: cs@kinggolden-rc.com and sale@king-golden.com

Flat E4 6/F Wing Hin Factory Building,
31-33 Ng Fong Street,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #2361
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
Telephone: (852)3586-2398
Facsimile: (852)3586-2148
e-Mail contact: cs@kinggolden-rc.com and sale@king-golden.com

Flat E4 6/F Wing Hin Factory Building,
31-33 Ng Fong Street,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Thanks for that will give it a try.....
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #2362
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

2-3 weeks ago I went to a race and my ESC GT1.1 gave me some trouble.

when I put my car on the track, apply full throttle, the car was not moving....I had to give my car a little push in order for the car to start but as soon as my car was not moving, I always had to give a little push. Also, I had no more punch like if my battery was dead.

other people at my track had the same problem and confirmed that it's a commun problem with the GT1.1

I have send an email to speedpassion asking if they could send me an other one if I sent it to them. I will wait for their reply.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #2363
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximebeauvais View Post
2-3 weeks ago I went to a race and my ESC GT1.1 gave me some trouble.

when I put my car on the track, apply full throttle, the car was not moving....I had to give my car a little push in order for the car to start but as soon as my car was not moving, I always had to give a little push. Also, I had no more punch like if my battery was dead.

other people at my track had the same problem and confirmed that it's a commun problem with the GT1.1

I have send an email to speedpassion asking if they could send me an other one if I sent it to them. I will wait for their reply.
I haven't got an email from you?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #2364
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
I haven't got an email from you?
adam,

my email was send to speedpassion.

i have forwarded the email to you. check your email

thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #2365
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

I just got an LCD program box and hooked it up to my PC. So far so good but i'm not sure which software version to use.

I run a SP V3 6.5 in a cat SX. I assume using the ones marked stock would be a bad idea. Can someone point out the correct one?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #2366
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark79 View Post
Hi guys,

I just got an LCD program box and hooked it up to my PC. So far so good but i'm not sure which software version to use.

I run a SP V3 6.5 in a cat SX. I assume using the ones marked stock would be a bad idea. Can someone point out the correct one?

Thanks
205G
Old 02-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2367
Tech Regular

There is no Speed Passion ESC as 1 cell verision of lipo for 1:12?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #2368
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
There is no Speed Passion ESC as 1 cell verision of lipo for 1:12?
not specifically, but the ESC works just fine on 1S, most guys are running the 107 software.

You just need to run a booster or receiver pack
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #2369
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
205G
Thanks.

Is there a list of what program does what best anywhere to download or look at?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #2370
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark79 View Post
Thanks.

Is there a list of what program does what best anywhere to download or look at?
not at this time