R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #2341
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
So the default mechanical timing is 30deg with the adjustment set at 0 (middle)?
Correct.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM   #2342
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
Dear SP USA

Apologies if this question has been posted and answered before:

Will there be a big difference in performance in the motor (Competition 3.0 - 13.5R) if I use a SMC 5200mah 50C lipo battery compared to an Intellect 5000mah 50C?

I ask this since I've read in one of the general threads before that for certain stock motors, there is only enough power that it "takes/draws" out of the battery and going 50C or more might not improve its performance.

I only participate at our local club races, thus if the difference is minute or could only be witnessed or experienced by pro racers, then it will be all the same to me.

Thank you in advance
Why would speedpassion comment on the performance of other manufacturers batteries?

That glaring point aside, you wont be able to notice a difference in spec racing. The SMCs are a marginally better quality cell so will probably last for more cycles but on-track performance there is nothing in it.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #2343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Dear SP USA

Will there be a big difference in performance in the motor (Competition 3.0 - 13.5R) if I use a SMC 5200mah 50C lipo battery compared to an Intellect 5000mah 50C?

I ask this since I've read in one of the general threads before that for certain stock motors, there is only enough power that it "takes/draws" out of the battery and going 50C or more might not improve its performance.

I only participate at our local club races, thus if the difference is minute or could only be witnessed or experienced by pro racers, then it will be all the same to me.

Thank you in advance
after u get past 40c it doesnt make much of a diffrence
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 AM   #2344
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
And I thanked him for it.

I have a legitimate issue which I am airing seems to be 'fair' to comment, sorry if that offends your sensibilities but unfortunately everything is not always as rosy as one would prefer.

I would suggest that the name of this thread be changed to 'Speed Passion USA only... oh and only if you are happy with our products" ?

Oh and by the way I did already say that I would buy a 2.1 but only from the US when I am over there teaching in 2 months, now I wonder whether Schumacher UK or USA would be dealing with that particular speedo? Should it ever go wrong.
i have had several sp escs and motors i own 5 sets of them now i think they are the best stuff on the market customere service is second to none it dont matter wat speedo u use if u hook it up backward they wont warrentee it so just suck it up that u hooked it up wrong and move on if u dont like sp brand by something different sincerely mr crum
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #2345
Suspended

Got my gt2.0 pro this morning, waheyyyy

All hooked up, timing at max etc etc...

So now how do I get the most of it so it will make my 10.5 V3.0 sound like it's SPXing
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #2346
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Why would speedpassion comment on the performance of other manufacturers batteries?

That glaring point aside, you wont be able to notice a difference in spec racing. The SMCs are a marginally better quality cell so will probably last for more cycles but on-track performance there is nothing in it.
On your question, my bad, just dawned on me that they actually produce lipo batteries as well.

In any case, thanks for the insight and tip on SMC, much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
after u get past 40c it doesnt make much of a diffrence

Mr Crum, spot on! Was really looking for this kind of information. thanks a lot
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #2347
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Dear SP USA

Thank you in advance
What I have found on LiPo's and stock racing specifically, and where the rules are "no LiPo warming" is that something like a 25C pack actually has better performance than the 40+ C rating batteries. The reason is that running something like 13 or 17.5T you don't have the draw on the pack to build some heat in the battery. With the good 25C packs and the same draw you'll actually build some heat in the pack and the pack will perform better resulting in a better lap time for you.

And by heat I mean "more than ambient" NOT like 125 degrees!

As for the two batteries you mention specifically I couldn't tell you, ONLY because I have never used either of them.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #2348
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
What I have found on LiPo's and stock racing specifically, and where the rules are "no LiPo warming" is that something like a 25C pack actually has better performance than the 40+ C rating batteries. The reason is that running something like 13 or 17.5T you don't have the draw on the pack to build some heat in the battery. With the good 25C packs and the same draw you'll actually build some heat in the pack and the pack will perform better resulting in a better lap time for you.

As for the two batteries you mention specifically I couldn't tell you, ONLY because I have never used either of them.
thanks for the detailed information Adam, very much appreciated
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #2349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

just wanted to say...Adam ROCKS
Speedpassion has the BEST support team I've ever seen
The Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #2350
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
just wanted to say...Adam ROCKS
Speedpassion has the BEST support team I've ever seen
No...actually, you ROCKS...especially your ICONS (we've been watching you changing icons to icons and they are ALL GOOD)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post

Hmmmm...good idea. I have these 30C Orion 3800 and I think I will wire a little electric blanket on-borad just to WARM the lipo while racing to gain the lap time. Don't ask don't tell policy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Got my gt2.0 pro this morning, waheyyyy

All hooked up, timing at max etc etc...

So now how do I get the most of it so it will make my 10.5 V3.0 sound like it's SPXing
Congrat....you would love it.

However, to get the MAX out of the speedo, it is not really JUST to use the setting from the speedo itself, you just have the LCD box and have the right SOFTWARE in order to get the max out of your 10.5. I do not own a 10.5 nor had run one on GT2, but I think the 091107 or 091110STOCK software can still benefit the 10.5 motor. Get the AMTS to 6, DRRS to 6 or 7 and adjust your final drive and check motor temp and speed. The other software that for use would work is 090323a...alittle older but it is proved to be a good one for 10.5T motor.

Good luck...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #2351
Suspended

Yeah looks like i'll have to get the lcd box as well, totally worth it anyway if i wanna give it the latest stuff...... How often do speed passion release new software updates for the gt2.0, happy days
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #2352
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I think they're looking for another release of software on or around the 19th
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #2353
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Yeah looks like i'll have to get the lcd box as well, totally worth it anyway if i wanna give it the latest stuff...... How often do speed passion release new software updates for the gt2.0, happy days
I would say....enough. Good enough for the competition...but not like 1 update per year or so....Once you are running anything 10.5 and faster, the benefit of the software is not as demanding compare to the stock motor like 13.5 and slower....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #2354
Suspended

Cheers guys, i best order the lcd unit post haste!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #2355
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crum View Post
i have had several sp escs and motors i own 5 sets of them now i think they are the best stuff on the market customere service is second to none it dont matter wat speedo u use if u hook it up backward they wont warrentee it so just suck it up that u hooked it up wrong and move on if u dont like sp brand by something different sincerely mr crum
Suck it up?

Wow dude you sure read my post, It had DEANS ! Was working then it wasn't, so unless I intentionally desoldered the wires and then rotated them would be incredibly difficult to plug them in wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
About 6 months ago I had a long AND heated telephone conversation with a guy at Schumacher who told me that they do not warrant against reverse connection of the speedo, now if I had not been using deans at the time I could have accepted that but theuy would not listen as it happened while the car was stationary.
Funny enough this is EXACTLY the attitude I got from the Rep here on the phone. Customer service Tsk Tsk