R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #2056
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

This will probably sound like a totaly lame question.

I bought a used gt 2.0 pro from a member on rctech. Speedo was VERY VERY touchy when applying any trigger, even on profile 1. Car wouldnt roll smoothly off the line. it would basicly jump and then roll. I e-mailed Adam, and he recomended I check the software and reinstall it as he doesnt think its a bad speedo.

Im not sure what software is on it, but the member i bought it from "thinks" he updated it. I just got my program box today, going to hook it all up tonite and go from there.


My question is (finally. lol) Is there any way to go back to the original 205g or whatever software it was that came on it and basicly start over? I own another gt 2.0 and it is totaly perfect and smooth. Night and day different from this one.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #2057
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,037
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
This will probably sound like a totaly lame question.

I bought a used gt 2.0 pro from a member on rctech. Speedo was VERY VERY touchy when applying any trigger, even on profile 1. Car wouldnt roll smoothly off the line. it would basicly jump and then roll. I e-mailed Adam, and he recomended I check the software and reinstall it as he doesnt think its a bad speedo.

Im not sure what software is on it, but the member i bought it from "thinks" he updated it. I just got my program box today, going to hook it all up tonite and go from there.


My question is (finally. lol) Is there any way to go back to the original 205g or whatever software it was that came on it and basicly start over? I own another gt 2.0 and it is totaly perfect and smooth. Night and day different from this one.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
I would definitley "FORMAT" the speedo by installing the V1.32 program, then install the 091110STOCK software via the LCD box (if you are running anything 13.5 and slower) then make sure RECALIBRATE the radio/speedo and start from there.

Normally the speedo/motor should NOT be jumping from stand still.
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #2058
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I would definitley "FORMAT" the speedo by installing the V1.32 program, then install the 091110STOCK software via the LCD box (if you are running anything 13.5 and slower) then make sure RECALIBRATE the radio/speedo and start from there.

Normally the speedo/motor should NOT be jumping from stand still.
thank you for the response Solara! Wasnt sure how the whole LCD box thing worked. I was getting a little anxious to get home and try it and decided to ask if it could be done. lol.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #2059
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,148
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
thank you for the response Solara! Wasnt sure how the whole LCD box thing worked. I was getting a little anxious to get home and try it and decided to ask if it could be done. lol.
My only advice is install the V1.32 off of the speed passion website, NOT the disc included with the LCD box.

The disc software is not as updated as the stuff on the website.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #2060
Tech Master
 
beeanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,254
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner
Default

Many thanks to Adam and the rest of the SP guys. A+ customer service!
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #2061
Tech Regular
 
dsyed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
Many thanks to Adam and the rest of the SP guys. A+ customer service!
+1
dsyed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #2062
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,924
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default sensor board ( v3 )

Does anyone know where I can get a new sensor board for the v3 motor. The rectangular shield for the pins separated from the sensor board and then one of the sensor pins broke off. I looked around the Shumacher/Speed passion distributor site ( usa.racing-cars.com) but couldn't find it. Also, are the high speed ceramic bearings meant for the V3 motor ( part # SPCBB138328 ). It appears a fuzzy cat named Ozite got sucked through my bearing cuz its kinda crunchy.

thanks,

Jake
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #2063
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,592
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a new sensor board for the v3 motor. The rectangular shield for the pins separated from the sensor board and then one of the sensor pins broke off. I looked around the Shumacher/Speed passion distributor site ( usa.racing-cars.com) but couldn't find it. Also, are the high speed ceramic bearings meant for the V3 motor ( part # SPCBB138328 ). It appears a fuzzy cat named Ozite got sucked through my bearing cuz its kinda crunchy.

thanks,

Jake
Contact Judy at Banzai Motors. www.banzaimotors.com. They should have the parts for you.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #2064
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

Hello all, Do you guys or gals know where I can find a case for a GT 2. esc?

Thanks,Jason.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #2065
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry View Post
Hello all, Do you guys or gals know where I can find a case for a GT 2. esc?

Thanks,Jason.
pm Adam and i am sure he can help you out.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #2066
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a new sensor board for the v3 motor. The rectangular shield for the pins separated from the sensor board and then one of the sensor pins broke off. I looked around the Shumacher/Speed passion distributor site ( usa.racing-cars.com) but couldn't find it. Also, are the high speed ceramic bearings meant for the V3 motor ( part # SPCBB138328 ). It appears a fuzzy cat named Ozite got sucked through my bearing cuz its kinda crunchy.

thanks,

Jake
pm Adam he can sort you out.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #2067
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
This will probably sound like a totaly lame question.

I bought a used gt 2.0 pro from a member on rctech. Speedo was VERY VERY touchy when applying any trigger, even on profile 1. Car wouldnt roll smoothly off the line. it would basicly jump and then roll. I e-mailed Adam, and he recomended I check the software and reinstall it as he doesnt think its a bad speedo.

Im not sure what software is on it, but the member i bought it from "thinks" he updated it. I just got my program box today, going to hook it all up tonite and go from there.


My question is (finally. lol) Is there any way to go back to the original 205g or whatever software it was that came on it and basicly start over? I own another gt 2.0 and it is totaly perfect and smooth. Night and day different from this one.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
adjust the throttle neutral setting to 9% and then re calibrate the esc to your radio. this might help if its not firmware related.
make sure your radio end points are at 100% and the exponential is not turned up.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #2068
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I will hopefully be getting my programming box today so can start to mess around with settings on my GT2.0 LPF. I have been trying to find any information about what various setting actually do. All I can find is that DDRS makes the ESC feel smoother or more aggressive depending on the settings. I'm a physics grad student, so always want to actually know what is going on I'm wondering what this actually does, whether it is just the same as throttle exponential or whether it is a current limiter that allows more current at higher RPM? Also is there any documentation that comes with the different software versions so I can choose the most sensible one for me, again actually knowing what they do. I'm quite a fan of the GM programs where you input all of the parameters yourself, such as "begin timing advance at 10,000 RPM", the turbo function. It looks like the new Novak Kinetic software has a nice visual interface to allow you to change things as you like. I'm sure this is possible with the SP as well, I just need to work out how to do it What I'm really after is for the motor to run as sensored around the infield and only have timing advance at full throttle. This seems to be the hot ticket in the UK at the moment

One last thing, has anyone tried to make their own software version, or mod one of the existing ones? I'd like to try playing around with this.

Cheers

Ben
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #2069
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
I will hopefully be getting my programming box today so can start to mess around with settings on my GT2.0 LPF. I have been trying to find any information about what various setting actually do. All I can find is that DDRS makes the ESC feel smoother or more aggressive depending on the settings. I'm a physics grad student, so always want to actually know what is going on I'm wondering what this actually does, whether it is just the same as throttle exponential or whether it is a current limiter that allows more current at higher RPM? Also is there any documentation that comes with the different software versions so I can choose the most sensible one for me, again actually knowing what they do. I'm quite a fan of the GM programs where you input all of the parameters yourself, such as "begin timing advance at 10,000 RPM", the turbo function. It looks like the new Novak Kinetic software has a nice visual interface to allow you to change things as you like. I'm sure this is possible with the SP as well, I just need to work out how to do it What I'm really after is for the motor to run as sensored around the infield and only have timing advance at full throttle. This seems to be the hot ticket in the UK at the moment

One last thing, has anyone tried to make their own software version, or mod one of the existing ones? I'd like to try playing around with this.

Cheers

Ben
Inputting 10 parameters depending on the track is over-rated...

The SP speedo is doing something to make the motor rev higher without losing punch down low... it's just that nobody outside of SP's own software engineer knows exactly what it is doing!

All I know is that, with the right gearing, the latest 107 stock software is a monster. To catch the 203 Tekins on the straight and have too much rip on the infield was a real pleasure...
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #2070
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I do wonder if the problem is that the people at speed passion haven't been let in on the secrets of DDRS by hobbywing

here is a little excerpt from Version_control.ini , one of the software files

[CAR_ESC HW427_V1.0]
batch =1

versionnum1 =26
version1_1 =V1.00_080926a_U
version1_2 =V1.00_081014a_U
version1_3 =V1.00_081017a_U
version1_4 =V1.00_081025a_U
version1_5 =V1.00_081105a_U
version1_6 =V1.00_081206a_U

HW=HobbyWing

Now to dig a bit further through the files...
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0