R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #1711
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I just want to re-iterate what Adam Bailey had said earlier in the thread...

SETUP YOUR SPEEDO AGAIN AFTER UDPATING THE SOFTWARE!
**thumbs up**
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #1712
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH...how could you forget that? LOL (I did that several times before I was updating for the 1st time). GT2, specically with the newer software (107 and later)...there is NO WAY anyone can complain about lack of braking power. I was very concern about how bad that will do to the carpet when I was braking...LOL

Let just say they will match it....however, if you do look around, FASTER might not be necessory better. I am not naming names here but there are tracks and event that does not allow some specific software/hardware to run due to the "unfair advantage" on certain class. So it depends on what class that you are running, I know the current 1107 1110 software is on par with the other model and their softwares.....of course, there are couple software/hardware are indeed the fastest right now but again, some area might not allow those equipment to be use on some specific class.
Yes, I am aware of the new rules regaurding the use of some of the software... Like the 203 for Tekin but when all of these comanies are making there new esc's with new boost and timing programs will this not become the new "PAR" for speed controllers? I would like to get my hands on a V3 17.5 and see the difference between that and the Novak motor I am currently running.

So when you say match it are you talking about pc controlled use or are they still planning on using just the same old proggramming units.

I have also heard from through the grapvine that there may just be a whole new controller all together befor to long????
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #1713
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
Yes, I am aware of the new rules regaurding the use of some of the software... Like the 203 for Tekin but when all of these comanies are making there new esc's with new boost and timing programs will this not become the new "PAR" for speed controllers? I would like to get my hands on a V3 17.5 and see the difference between that and the Novak motor I am currently running.

So when you say match it are you talking about pc controlled use or are they still planning on using just the same old proggramming units.

I have also heard from through the grapvine that there may just be a whole new controller all together befor to long????
I too have to wait and see just like all of you guys. Right now, I don't see the new speedo coming...so it must be the software that they are using/testing.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #1714
Tech Fanatic

Cool Cool, thanks for the insight. I should be getting in my program box tomorrow and was wondering if ai need to have the Lcd Prg hooked up to the computer to even download the software?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #1715
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Cool Cool, thanks for the insight. I should be getting in my program box tomorrow and was wondering if ai need to have the Lcd Prg hooked up to the computer to even download the software?
To the LCD unit yes you do, to DL SP software no you do not
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #1716
Tech Fanatic

OK thanks, I ask because I tried t download the 1.31 and it came up as an adobe error after I had completed the download. I will try again and see what happens... or could I possibly be getting the file from the wrong spot on the SP web site?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #1717
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillit View Post
Nice job there Ed.......what motor and roll-out? If I may ask

4cell nimh vs 1s lipo, the extra volt might make enough difference to be able to run the 107 and 110. I found that I couldn't run those on 1s 13.5. If that is a mod set-up you have got there....the extra revs might account for the usability of the new software. (noticed itty-bitty pinion)

Does your set-up run ok without a booster or rec pack? 5, 6 or 8 min run time?
Hey Mark,
It's a 10.5 v2 SP motor in the car. Pinion is a 27t 64dp, and had a rollout of roughly 46mmpr (Big, 50-51mm ish rear tyres), and that was only because I'm a bit lackin in long boss pinions at the moment... only other option was 30 (to give about 50mmpr), and having not run a 12th before, didn't want to make the motor go pop first time out... :S itty bitty track (sub 7s laps) was also a reason

I started out on the 323 software, with everything cranked to the max and it felt pretty nice. then jumped to the 110, and that, to me, didn't feel as good even with the timing turned up. Seemed to lack the grunt off the turn. Then going to the 107, initially kept the DRRS at 7, and timing at also at 7. Was an improvement, but not quite there compared to the 323. Like i said before, ended up putting the timing up to 8, and this performed much better, better top speed, and good rip off the corner.
I didn't check the temps, as it was only 5min heats, but motor was only slightly warm to touch after the run, so I think there is more to come yet. Will be taking it round a bigger track this weekend, hopefully with other cars on the track, so I can gauge the speed better

As for the other stuff, nope no reciever pack or booster. Initially thought I might struggle with BEC, as I'd been having some trouble with my spektrum recently, and had resorted to the spektrum cap in my TC to solve it... however this weekend it reared it's head again, and the cap didn't help in the 12th. Thankfully, traced it down to a wobbly module fit in the transmitter (something the KO Esprit3 and spektrum modules seem to suffer with)... nothing a few strips of tape can't solve
Ended up taking the cap off, and had no issues, even after I put the PT in the car too. Ran fine all day after that, just removed the low voltage cut-off in the settings.

Overall very happy with how reliably the car ran, and had a good opportunity to test the new software in a different application. I'll be starting off with it as is for this weekend (albeit at a higher mmpr to start with), and make sure to come back with my progress

Just too add, over here in the UK, 10.5 is our stock class, and so far 1s LiPo isn't really an option.. it's only just finding it's feet in modified. I don't know if it's just me though, but I felt more than comfortable with the speed of the car, I don't know how you guys run 17.5 1s in one of these... I'd fall asleep!!

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #1718
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to ask again but no one knows whats the new firmware 731C ?
Is it for the mod motors only ?
I read the forum and canot find anything
Thanks again
memix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #1719
Tech Addict

Quote:
OK thanks, I ask because I tried t download the 1.31 and it came up as an adobe error after I had completed the download. I will try again and see what happens... or could I possibly be getting the file from the wrong spot on the SP web site?
hey skinny go to my post in the Exerun forum and there is a D/L link where I have hosted the software ....... its all been virus checked and is as I am using it, makes for easy retrieval at trackside for us.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6792919-post91.html
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #1720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey Mark,
It's a 10.5 v2 SP motor in the car. Pinion is a 27t 64dp, and had a rollout of roughly 46mmpr (Big, 50-51mm ish rear tyres), and that was only because I'm a bit lackin in long boss pinions at the moment... only other option was 30 (to give about 50mmpr), and having not run a 12th before, didn't want to make the motor go pop first time out... :S itty bitty track (sub 7s laps) was also a reason

I started out on the 323 software, with everything cranked to the max and it felt pretty nice. then jumped to the 110, and that, to me, didn't feel as good even with the timing turned up. Seemed to lack the grunt off the turn. Then going to the 107, initially kept the DRRS at 7, and timing at also at 7. Was an improvement, but not quite there compared to the 323. Like i said before, ended up putting the timing up to 8, and this performed much better, better top speed, and good rip off the corner.
I didn't check the temps, as it was only 5min heats, but motor was only slightly warm to touch after the run, so I think there is more to come yet. Will be taking it round a bigger track this weekend, hopefully with other cars on the track, so I can gauge the speed better

As for the other stuff, nope no reciever pack or booster. Initially thought I might struggle with BEC, as I'd been having some trouble with my spektrum recently, and had resorted to the spektrum cap in my TC to solve it... however this weekend it reared it's head again, and the cap didn't help in the 12th. Thankfully, traced it down to a wobbly module fit in the transmitter (something the KO Esprit3 and spektrum modules seem to suffer with)... nothing a few strips of tape can't solve
Ended up taking the cap off, and had no issues, even after I put the PT in the car too. Ran fine all day after that, just removed the low voltage cut-off in the settings.

Overall very happy with how reliably the car ran, and had a good opportunity to test the new software in a different application. I'll be starting off with it as is for this weekend (albeit at a higher mmpr to start with), and make sure to come back with my progress

Just too add, over here in the UK, 10.5 is our stock class, and so far 1s LiPo isn't really an option.. it's only just finding it's feet in modified. I don't know if it's just me though, but I felt more than comfortable with the speed of the car, I don't know how you guys run 17.5 1s in one of these... I'd fall asleep!!

Cheers
Ed
hi ed,

any obvious difference between 110 and 107??
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #1721
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I don't know if people have seen this or not.... but Schumacher USA has the prior generation (a.k.a. Trinity Duo v1 like) 13.5T motors for a smokin deal: http://usa.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufa...on/SPF135.html
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #1722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I don't know if people have seen this or not.... but Schumacher USA has the prior generation (a.k.a. Trinity Duo v1 like) 13.5T motors for a smokin deal: http://usa.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufa...on/SPF135.html
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #1723
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
WOW, price is NICE

Rojna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #1724
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey Mark,

Cheers
Ed
Did you consider that the new 107 and 110 require shorter gearing compared to 323 and 312. You need to drop a few teeth to benefit from the better bottom end and speed.
Thats what i have experienced with my TC. I have dropped by 6 teeth.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #1725
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Did you consider that the new 107 and 110 require shorter gearing compared to 323 and 312. You need to drop a few teeth to benefit from the better bottom end and speed.
Thats what i have experienced with my TC. I have dropped by 6 teeth.
Have you tried these in 1s/4cell 12th like Ed and I are doing? If not you don't know what you are missing
Searchin fer answers in the Fog.......that's what I found
Drillit is offline   Reply With Quote