The Speed Passion Thread

You're on Page 112 of 892
Go to
  • Quote: A question on profiles, are profiles specific to an ESC? so lets say I use 1 LCD Programmer, I can't use the same profile on two different ESCs?

    So what is different between 1107 and 1110 from those who have used them?

    Yes you can, then you will load the same profile onto 2 different ESCs.

    Read back a few pages. The 107 is more aggresive than 110. The motor also runs 10-15 degrees Celcius hotter after 5-6 min. On our current indoor track (medium tight) I prefer the 110 (faster laptimes and faster 5 min time)...


    ...
  • thanks, I'll keep that in mind and see about trying it out.

    I will also look to set both profiles then to 1110 and give those a go first.
  • Quote: Yes you can, then you will load the same profile onto 2 different ESCs.

    Read back a few pages. The 107 is more aggresive than 110. The motor also runs 10-15 degrees Celcius hotter after 5-6 min. On our current indoor track (medium tight) I prefer the 110 (faster laptimes and faster 5 min time)...


    ...
    Define aggresive.More punch on higher top end? And what about gearing between 107 and 110? So far i have try only the 110 on a very big track with a 65m straight with good results but i haven't try the 107 yet so every info will be very helpful.
  • Quote: Define aggresive.More punch on higher top end? And what about gearing between 107 and 110? So far i have try only the 110 on a very big track with a 65m straight with good results but i haven't try the 107 yet so every info will be very helpful.
    +1

    In VTA we have 8 minute main, so I am leaning towards 1110 to keep temps in check.
  • Quote: Define aggresive.More punch on higher top end? And what about gearing between 107 and 110? So far i have try only the 110 on a very big track with a 65m straight with good results but i haven't try the 107 yet so every info will be very helpful.
    107: More push from bottom/out of corner...
    (however, so far gotten the best laptimes with 110...)

    Seems like 107 runs higher timing, the motor gets much hotter...
  • Temp isn't an issue in my case.After 7 mins run my temp is about 55-60 Celsious with FDR 4.0 (17.5T motor)and i need a little more punch comming out corner.
  • thanks for the info. Have you tried backing the timing off on the ESC itself when running 107?
  • Quote: thanks for the info. Have you tried backing the timing off on the ESC itself when running 107?
    No...all settings on max in ESC...one wants to keep up with the GMs and the SPXs...temp was only 70 degrees Celcius (about 170 F) with 107 which is OK. However, with 110 temp was only 55 degrees which is amazing low compared to temps we have had with the GM esc last year... In any case, for me, the best result (laptimes) came with the 110 firmware + the bonus of a cooler motor and an easier drive over the race time. So all in all, much happier with the SP than the GM. Will race with the SP tomorrow, should be good. However, going to test the new LRP SXX stockspec soon...


    ...
  • Quote: It doesn't work like this.You can change the speed control's software (or firmware whatever you call it) through the program box but only if both are connected with a pc or laptop the same time.You can't change the speed control's software only with a program box loaded with a different software.With the LCD program box you can change only the speed control setting.
    Thank you for that correction. I guess then if I really had to I could buy one of those 200 dollar laptops from bestbuy to take to the track.
  • Quote: darn. Oh well I guess then. I was hoping that the programming box would store the different firmware for the ESCs so I could test out 1110 and 1107 at the track as I am on the only one running speed passion.

    A question on profiles, are profiles specific to an ESC? so lets say I use 1 LCD Programmer, I can't use the same profile on two different ESCs?

    So what is different between 1107 and 1110 from those who have used them?

    Also, anyone have stuck pixels on there LCD Programmer? Mine has some that came that way, its a minor annoyance, but curious if this is common.
    The profiles are stored on the esc, so using different lcd units wont give you different profiles.
    I was surprised when i saw this that there isnt a manual way to program or change the profile using the set button on the esc.

    Lets see what the newer software will bring.
  • Quote: No...all settings on max in ESC...one wants to keep up with the GMs and the SPXs...temp was only 70 degrees Celcius (about 170 F) with 107 which is OK. However, with 110 temp was only 55 degrees which is amazing low compared to temps we have had with the GM esc last year... In any case, for me, the best result (laptimes) came with the 110 firmware + the bonus of a cooler motor and an easier drive over the race time. So all in all, much happier with the SP than the GM. Will race with the SP tomorrow, should be good. However, going to test the new LRP SXX stockspec soon...


    ...
    What motor are you running and what FDR with the 110?
  • Quote: Thank you for that correction. I guess then if I really had to I could buy one of those 200 dollar laptops from bestbuy to take to the track.
    This is the best you could do.
  • Quote: What motor are you running and what FDR with the 110?
    SP 13.5T V3.... FDR is only 6.3...max allowed in our winter series....but plenty fast for our track...
    (some guys run FDR around 8 with SPX and this motor and are fast, i.e. winning)

    Motor should be able to take quite a bit more with free FDR...but needs testing...
    Toni Rheinard recommended 4.7 with 107 firmware...

    ...
  • Quote: SP 13.5T V3.... FDR is only 6.3...max allowed in our winter series....
    Motor should be able to take quite a bit more with free FDR...but needs testing...
    Well im running 17.5T,FDR is 4.0 with 110 software ,DRRS IX and timing on ESC on 15' on a very big outdoor track but im not sure if gearing is OK.I think i sould try FDR 4.2 and timing on max on Sunday race.
  • In 2010, can we do RC (racing) without a netbook...?

    I've got myself a Samsung NC10 netbook for $250 via Costco...probably the best computer for the price that I have ever spend. Used that for online movies, music, internet while I was testing the new software at the track. Small enough to fit in a 1/8th scale travel bags, and small enough to fit in front of the RC car at the pit table.

    I have all the SP software loaded in the netbook, plus I can write down all the test result before sending it back to Adam. Then I can save up all the setting that I can find here in SP thread, save them and open it for reference if I need to. Not to mention, I can use it for TEKIN hotwire/speedo and its software

    Most track nowaday has wifi connection already....bonus.

    While I was racing last month, I helped several SP racers that does not have the LCD programmer and upload the software and setting for them...all within 3 minutes each.

    If you don't own a notebook and don't want to send more then $300...these NETBOOK (all over the net) are all less then $300 and they can do ALOT of the things that we typicallly do per day. I just told couple fellow SP racer to get one cause I think it is very helpfull.

    I think Speed Passion should release their own NETBOOK....I will buy one from them, really.

Similar Threads

Tags

gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion