R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #1591
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Anybody got the magic for 1 cell 12th with lpf 13.5?

Other than the 323?
Searchin fer answers in the Fog.......that's what I found

Last edited by Drillit; 01-03-2010 at 06:01 AM. Reason: gotta learn to drive better
Drillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #1592
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
I downloaded the new software for my SP 2.0 LPF. I am running a 13.5 class at my local club. From what I have read the 110 is way to go? I am running a cyclone tc with a sp 13.5 first gen motor. Can some one me point if in a good set up for my esc, also what FDR should I start with. Remember my SP 13.5 is the first gen.

Second question I trying to set up my sons car to run VTA 21.5 on a HPI pro 4, Again same question as far a starting setting and FDR. Same ESC, hovever the motor is a Novak 21.5 ss.

Thanks
the 21.5 i have no clue but the 13.5 drrs at 9 timing at 26.25 and run the 1107 software i found that it is more aggresive then the 110 and i dont know how big your track is but ours is roughly 120 by 60 and im geared at 6.26 finals but that is with version 3 motor
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #1593
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

anyone looking for a V3.0 13.5 let me know, have a new one available.

For VTA and the 21.5 SS you are running, what size is the track you are using and are you using an ESC limits that the track settings (no timing advance, etc).

For me it was recommended on here to use the DRRS at max and the timing at max as well. I believe profile 312? I am still using whatever came on the ESC for profile. But will be updating this soon.

What speed passion ESCs have no timing advance? Similar to a Novak Havok? USVTA rules have changed for Sept 2010 to only ESCs with no timing advance, etc. if there are old speed passion units that do this, please let me know.

Also, is it possible that you can have issues with a certain brand of motor on the speed passion stuff? the previous owner of a motor I had to return just got it back, and he said its working fine on his stuff. for me, it would not go without a push start. this is using it on two different speed controls that other motors worked fine on. Could it be that the max timing setting, etc. was too much for the motor? I am trying to confirm with him his running gear.

Also, is it possible that you can have issues with a certain brand of motor on the speed passion stuff? the previous owner of a motor I had to return just got it back, and he said its working fine on his stuff. for me, it would not go without a push start. this is using it on two different speed controls that other motors worked fine on. Could it be that the max timing setting, etc. was too much for the motor? I am trying to confirm with him his running gear.

Last edited by Cain; 01-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #1594
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

A Bailey, PM sent. My email isn't working. Thanks, Paco.
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #1595
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma

I am a prospective buyer who really likes the Speed Passion 2.0 GT LPF...do you guys who use this product think it is comparable and can keep up with the Tekin RS? thanks
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #1596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Cool I need 312a, Version 1.31 back on my ESC???

O.K., heres what happened. Got the new LPF 2.0 with the included disc. Loaded the disc and ran the 312a Program with no problems. Then wanted to try the new 107 and 110 programs, so did what I was supposed to do, uninstalled the 1.31 Version, then installed the new 1.32 Version. Ran the 110 on my TC....no problem, then tried to run the 110 on my 1S LiPo 12th Scale....was getting a Low/High Voltage alarm and was having trouble setting it up untill I shut off the LiPo cut-off OFF. Was then able to set it up with the radio but was then getting a bit of a screaching noise when reaching the upper limit of the throttle. I tried many settings on both the 107 and the 110 but was not able to get rid of that screaching. Then searched here and found out that maybe this program will not work properly on a 1S Lipo car so I decided to go back to the version 1.31. This is where I ran into trouble again. Completly uninstalled version 1.32, then reinstalled version 1.31 so that I could use the 312a software. Everytime I went to upgrade the 312a I got the following message appear across the computer screen. The Current Version (V1.1_091107Stock) Can Not Be Updated To The Version (V1.10_090312a_T) !

Not sure why this is happeneing or if I have to change what is already on the ESC in order for me to download 312a back onto the ESC but I can't.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Brent

XRAY - TAMIYA - ORCA - MOTIV - PROTOFORM - FUTABA - GFORCE - SWEEP - TLR
FIVE 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #1597
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
I am a prospective buyer who really likes the Speed Passion 2.0 GT LPF...do you guys who use this product think it is comparable and can keep up with the Tekin RS? thanks
I would like to know the answer to this as well seeing as how Tekin just came out with a software upgrade that's blowing the rubber off the wheels.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #1598
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default speedo

Hello every body . Just bought me the new 2.0 lpf, the blue edition. Bought it about a week ago. Was wondering if any body new what program came with it from factory. Running 13.5, want to make sure I have the right one on my speedo before I run car thanks
saleen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #1599
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, just got back from my second meeting with the new software.. have to say was as fast as anything else on the track, so I'm well chuffed.

Unfortuantly, didn't get a chance to run my V3 10.5, as I was still awaiting a sensor board, so ran my V2 version instead.
Started out the day with the all the settings to Max on the 107Stock (9 on drrs, max timing etc), and an FDR of 6.1. Felt a little undergeared, and then realised I was a pinion down on where I wanted to start.
Moved up two teeth to 5.7, and the car was very quick, but seemed to be getting some glitching moments, and the motor got a bit too hot (88C!) for my liking, so dropped a tooth.
First final, although the car was certainly taking good speed onto the straights, but suffered badly with what appeared to be a loss of signal a couple of times, the car shutting down and turning hard left... Only damage was a bodymount thnakfully, so with second final, put in a spektrum cap, and bingo, worked a treat, if anything the power increase was more noticeable now (I'm wondering if the signal to ESC was a little sketchy without the cap previously).
Motor again came off a bit hot at ~83, so for the last final decided to experiment with the DRRS, having re-read the stock motor notes that comes with the V1.32 software. Dropped the setting to 7, and that dropped the motor to 77C, and felt just as quick as before, albeit a bit smoother off the turn (as too be expected ).
Overall, very impressed with the new files, think I'll be keeping the 107 on the ESC for now... just need my V3 back to help drop the temp a bit more

HiH
Ed
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #1600
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen95 View Post
Hello every body . Just bought me the new 2.0 lpf, the blue edition. Bought it about a week ago. Was wondering if any body new what program came with it from factory. Running 13.5, want to make sure I have the right one on my speedo before I run car thanks
probably 323 but you will have to get and hook up the LCD box to a pc to know for sure.

this has been covered alot since the 2.0s came out, read back a bunch of pages..............

sedan or pan car? or?

Last edited by Drillit; 01-04-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: more or's than not's
Old 01-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #1601
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE 7 View Post
O.K., heres what happened. Got the new LPF 2.0 with the included disc. Loaded the disc and ran the 312a Program with no problems. Then wanted to try the new 107 and 110 programs, so did what I was supposed to do, uninstalled the 1.31 Version, then installed the new 1.32 Version. Ran the 110 on my TC....no problem, then tried to run the 110 on my 1S LiPo 12th Scale....was getting a Low/High Voltage alarm and was having trouble setting it up untill I shut off the LiPo cut-off OFF. Was then able to set it up with the radio but was then getting a bit of a screaching noise when reaching the upper limit of the throttle. I tried many settings on both the 107 and the 110 but was not able to get rid of that screaching. Then searched here and found out that maybe this program will not work properly on a 1S Lipo car so I decided to go back to the version 1.31. This is where I ran into trouble again. Completly uninstalled version 1.32, then reinstalled version 1.31 so that I could use the 312a software. Everytime I went to upgrade the 312a I got the following message appear across the computer screen. The Current Version (V1.1_091107Stock) Can Not Be Updated To The Version (V1.10_090312a_T) !

Not sure why this is happeneing or if I have to change what is already on the ESC in order for me to download 312a back onto the ESC but I can't.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Brent
Have you tried updating the speedie to the 323a software using the v1.32, then uninstalling it, and installing the v1.31 and updating to the 312?
I know that the v1.31 has both the 312 and 323, and updating between them was easy enough on the 1.31....

HiH
Ed

EDIT - Just tried this out on my spare GT2.0, and you deffiently need to set the ESC firmware to an older version (205g or 323a for example) on the v1.32, before re-installing the v1.31, and then the 312a.

Last edited by TryHard; 01-04-2010 at 09:15 AM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #1602
Tech Master

Adam, Happy New Year and thanks for pickin up the phone.......1s 12th 13.5......I've got pinions from 12 to 65, somethings got to work!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #1603
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Have you tried updating the speedie to the 323a software using the v1.32, then uninstalling it, and installing the v1.31 and updating to the 312?
I know that the v1.31 has both the 312 and 323, and updating between them was easy enough on the 1.31....

HiH
Ed

EDIT - Just tried this out on my spare GT2.0, and you deffiently need to set the ESC firmware to an older version (205g or 323a for example) on the v1.32, before re-installing the v1.31, and then the 312a.
And on the above point... anyone got any suggestions for firmware for 4cell/10.5, as my spare is sitting in my new 12th car...

Thinking of going with 110Stock for now, then trying 107 later.. motor will be a SP V2 10.5t.

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #1604
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post

HiH
Ed

I had that hassle but went back by loading 312 from the hobbywing software.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #1605
Tech Master

Adam, I really need the sp 312, how do I get it back? Let me refraise that, where did you hide it?

razzor: I tried the 218, it works on 1s 12th just like the 107 and 110, not worth a darn........I'm sure it works fine on 2s lipo.

Last edited by Drillit; 01-05-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: a good one