R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #1561
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I purchased the Lcd box today and am hoping you can adjust more of the parameters other than the ones on the box that comes with the esc? I know one advantage is being able to change to software but what are the others?
Chris Totcky@facebook.com
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #1562
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
I purchased the Lcd box today and am hoping you can adjust more of the parameters other than the ones on the box that comes with the esc? I know one advantage is being able to change to software but what are the others?
The only other advantage to the LCD box is keeping 3 profiles for different settings, etc. Other than that, the settings are the same as the stock program box.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #1563
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
I know I'm blind, but on my warranty card it says to keep the customer copy and mail the other half back to king golden ltd. But nowhere am I or my wife seeing a address?? Does anyone know the address where to mail your warranty card to here in the USA??
Here ya go.
Schumacher Racing Products Ltd.
6302 Benjamin Road, Suite 404. Tampa. Florida. 33634. USA.
Tel: +1 (0) 813 8899691 Fax: +1 (0) 813 889 9593
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
Old 12-31-2009, 12:44 AM   #1564
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've been running the V3 17.5 for a few weeks now and figured I would share what I've learned just for the sake of knowledge. First, I love this motor. It's fast, it's quiet, it runs cool, and it looks hot in my TC. I'm running a 008 (1.9 ratio) and a blue stock spec speedo on profile 7, on an 80x36 medium-high grip carpet track. Started at a 6.2 FDR just to be on the safe side, left the motor timing stock (5*), car was a pig and the motor wasn't even warm. Bumped the timing to 10* and dropped to a 5.9 FDR. RPM was noticeably higher and the car gained speed, motor was still barely warm. Long story short, I'm now at a 4.3 with full motor timing, the car is a rocket down the straight and very quick corner to corner, after 10 minutes of hard running on a high-bite track I managed to get the motor to a smoldering 128*. Did I mention I love this motor?

-rocky b
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 AM   #1565
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to afonsospt

Hi,
Anyone knows Kv rating for V3.0 motors 7.5 and 6.5?
afonsospt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #1566
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My Speed Passion 17.5 motor will be coming in the mail soon. I will be using it with a Novak Havoc ESC (i know... i do want the 2.0 LPF, but i really don't have 200$ to drop on an ESC right now..) in a TC4. Usually i use a Venom 5000 lipo. The internal drive on the TC4 is 2.5. Right now I'm using a 68t spur and a 35t pinion with the Havoc, for a FDR of about 4.8 I think. What do you all think would be a good FDR to start with? Thanks
Dan
Old 12-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #1567
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default motor timing?

How much timing is built in to the 17.5 3.0 motor? what is the motor timing at the middle position?
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #1568
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
I've been running the V3 17.5 for a few weeks now and figured I would share what I've learned just for the sake of knowledge. First, I love this motor. It's fast, it's quiet, it runs cool, and it looks hot in my TC. I'm running a 008 (1.9 ratio) and a blue stock spec speedo on profile 7, on an 80x36 medium-high grip carpet track. Started at a 6.2 FDR just to be on the safe side, left the motor timing stock (5*), car was a pig and the motor wasn't even warm. Bumped the timing to 10* and dropped to a 5.9 FDR. RPM was noticeably higher and the car gained speed, motor was still barely warm. Long story short, I'm now at a 4.3 with full motor timing, the car is a rocket down the straight and very quick corner to corner, after 10 minutes of hard running on a high-bite track I managed to get the motor to a smoldering 128*. Did I mention I love this motor?

-rocky b
What software version are you running? 312,107 or 110?
Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #1569
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
The only other advantage to the LCD box is keeping 3 profiles for different settings, etc. Other than that, the settings are the same as the stock program box.
Ok, so when you want to add a new update you can keep three on your lcd box and not have to take your computer with you all of the time unless you want to change the other settings threw your laptop?
Old 12-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #1570
Tech Fanatic

Here is what I have gotten out of an 17.5 set-up . The internal is 2.25 I have been running the SP 2.0 GT with a Novak 17.5. I have been working with anything between a 3.9-4.6 using an 88t spur and pinions between 38-50.
This combo really runs well for me and being at a 3.9 even the motor never temped over 155dg but it runs the best around 137dg and will run that temp for longer than 5 minutes. I thought I had found the sweet spot at a 4.21 but then felt like I was pushed threw the corners so I backed of at a 46t pinion and the car felt faster and was faster by then I was i was able to roll along side and even pass a driver of comparable skill down the straight and threw the sweeper with ease with all of there boost and things. So with this said if this new software works for me like the 312 does now I will be majorly impressed.

So that is what I have gotten from two solid days of practice just thought I would share
sp 2.0gt
Novak 17.5 -timing ring cranked all the way up
"drss" start - #8
Timing-maxed
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #1571
Tech Rookie

I just got myself a GT 2.0 pro and V3 5.5R motor to upgrade from my GTB 5.5R setup
The recommended Gearing on the V3 5.5R says 8.8 to 10.5

I play on a small track and at 8.8 with lipo 2 cell the 5.5R seems very slow on the top end compared to my GTB setup (fdr-8.0/8.2) as well as the motor remaining very cool throughout.

Can someone advise on a fdr for 5.5R and what timing they recommend on the motor and esc to start out with?

thanks!
mikeyHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #1572
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ok, so when you want to add a new update you can keep three on your lcd box and not have to take your computer with you all of the time unless you want to change the other settings threw your laptop?
On the LCD programmer you can store 3 seperate profiles.
These are not different software but different combinations of settings you choose ie:
1 can be with low timing and a low DRSS
2 can be with more timing and a higher DRSS
3 can be max timing and highest DRSS
or with and without low voltage lipo cut off or temp cut off, etc..

How it helps is you can just make a quick change on the esc and run almost immediatley to see which of the 3 settings suits the track or your driving style.
From there you can fine tune.
I keep different profiles to suit different tracks we race on, so one has lower timing for a tight, technical track and another has max timing for a longer more flowing track where i need the speed more than punch.

Hope this gives an idea.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #1573
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
How much timing is built in to the 17.5 3.0 motor? what is the motor timing at the middle position?
Middle position is 5*, this is where mine was set out of the box. Moving the port all the way to the right is 10* and all the way to the left is 0* according to the markings, but this is on top of any timing that may be built into the motor. Adam or Shawn would have more insight into any built-in timing.

-rocky b
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #1574
Super Moderator

Quote:
I Believe you will need your laptop to choose between the three settings as well.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #1575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
I Believe you will need your laptop to choose between the three settings as well.
On the lcd programmer when you connect it to the esc the last button on the right will toggle between the 3 stored settings.
You can also name these settings in the software before hand so its easy to identify.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote