Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #1546
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Was Adam talking about me again??? LOL
He worry about you taking over his job....you know, things (big envolope) usually happen after the year (my buddy works for ALLSTATE, year 2010, another 1000 jobs will be cut...)

Adam....relax. No one can sit in front of the Rctech whole day like you. You are safe....
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #1547
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

what size are the bullet connectors on the V3 motor?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #1548
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
what size are the bullet connectors on the V3 motor?
My guess is the 3mm....they are pretty small. Smaller than the Orion plugs..
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #1549
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
My guess is the 3mm....they are pretty small. Smaller than the Orion plugs..
Yeah 4mm is too big, I didn't know if there was a 3.5mm set, or if it was down to 3mm.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #1550
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Alright brain trust. The duo 2 17.5 overheated last weekend and end up taking out the 2.0 LPF. Got new ones in hand with the LCD programer. Run down T2007, rubber tire, Duo 2 17.5 motor, GT 2.0 LPF, last race was down to 37/98 ( small as I could go with that spur) and taking timing out of motor and esc to control heat. Got a good start point for me ( ran outdoors on a big track with no problems pulling alot more gear than this)
Tim
Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #1551
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bqik View Post
Alright brain trust. The duo 2 17.5 overheated last weekend and end up taking out the 2.0 LPF. Got new ones in hand with the LCD programer. Run down T2007, rubber tire, Duo 2 17.5 motor, GT 2.0 LPF, last race was down to 37/98 ( small as I could go with that spur) and taking timing out of motor and esc to control heat. Got a good start point for me ( ran outdoors on a big track with no problems pulling alot more gear than this)
Tim
I say stay away from motor timing. Although it is a cool idea, Brushless motors and brushed motors respond totally different with motor timing. Keep the timing on the motor Stock, what ever that is, and let the ESC do all the work. You will have less heating issues if you keep the motor stock timing.
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #1552
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Charlie B,

Rob down here in San Diego(Pound it). Can you recommend a program for 2wheel buggy 13.5? I've read some of the previous posts but came away with more questions.

Thanks for your help,
Rob........Oh yeah. Running the GT 2.0 LPF
Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #1553
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robio View Post
Hey Charlie B,

Rob down here in San Diego(Pound it). Can you recommend a program for 2wheel buggy 13.5? I've read some of the previous posts but came away with more questions.

Thanks for your help,
Rob........Oh yeah. Running the GT 2.0 LPF
Run the 110. I think the 107 has too much punch for offroad...it was a little much for my Cyclone this weekend. I would start at the punch setting at IIX and go from there. Timing always at 26*.

Good Luck Rob!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #1554
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Run the 110. I think the 107 has too much punch for offroad...it was a little much for my Cyclone this weekend. I would start at the punch setting at IIX and go from there. Timing always at 26*.

Good Luck Rob!
Thanks Charlie,

Is braking similiar between 110/107?

Were you running 17.5?

Rob.....
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #1555
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robio View Post
Thanks Charlie,

Is braking similiar between 110/107?

Were you running 17.5?

Rob.....
I was running 17.5, although according to Sean Williams, he had no fading at all with the 110 in his 13.5.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #1556
Tech Regular

Quote:
I say stay away from motor timing. Although it is a cool idea, Brushless motors and brushed motors respond totally different with motor timing. Keep the timing on the motor Stock, what ever that is, and let the ESC do all the work. You will have less heating issues if you keep the motor stock timing.
I appreciatte your input , but disagree with your philosophy. I at no point in my post brought up brushed motors, so why did you?? I've ran brushless for 2 years with a little sucsess ( a 3rd and a 1st in points ) I'm just having a problem going from a 180' straight to a 80' straight and geting the gearing quite right. I'm running onroad touring car with a Xray T2-007 and the SP LPF witha 17.5 Duo 2 motor. Got the LCD box ( but no zip prg.) and want to know what to do.
Tim
Old 12-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #1557
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bqik View Post
I appreciatte your input , but disagree with your philosophy. I at no point in my post brought up brushed motors, so why did you?? I've ran brushless for 2 years with a little sucsess ( a 3rd and a 1st in points ) I'm just having a problem going from a 180' straight to a 80' straight and geting the gearing quite right. I'm running onroad touring car with a Xray T2-007 and the SP LPF witha 17.5 Duo 2 motor. Got the LCD box ( but no zip prg.) and want to know what to do.
Tim
I bring up brushed motors because unlike brushed motors in the V 3.0, all you are doing is creating more heat and very little performance gain when you advance the timing on the motor..Take my "philisophy" as you wish.
You mentioned taking timing out of your motor, then mentioned you "overheated". This tells me you cranked the timing up on the motor...am i correct? Then you mentioned that you needed to bring the timing down to "control" the heat. Whether you get it or not, i was agreeing with you that those factors did contribute to your motor heating up. Now read my response again SLOWLY and realize what im saying. Happy new year!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #1558
Tech Regular

Quote:
Read it a couple times and still fail to see where you said anything other than don't adjust the timing and brushed and brushedless are different. I ran the set up out doors on a big track for the points championship, only finished off the podium ... never for the season. I've played with timming both ESC and motor all year to improve and get faster, now with the the new software and going inside to a short carpet course I need a different direction. Possiblliy Shawn or Adam can help me out. Thank you for your input, you are a very special person to me.
Tim

P.S. Read my post carefully I'm running a Duo 2 not V 3.0
Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #1559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I know I'm blind, but on my warranty card it says to keep the customer copy and mail the other half back to king golden ltd. But nowhere am I or my wife seeing a address?? Does anyone know the address where to mail your warranty card to here in the USA??
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #1560
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I don't know if this will help but I am also running sedan (cyclone TC) on a small carpet track (77 foot straight) on rubber tire and 17.5 with a 2.0 lpf. I am still running the old sp 17.5 but I installed the 107stock firmware last week and did some testing and I ran a 4.61 fdr and the motor temp was around 125-130f it had as much or more speed than anything else at the track and I strarted with the drrs at IX and had to back it down to VII because it was blowing the tires out of the corners (should've had better trottle control I guess) and I probably should go down another tooth on the pinion because it is no where near topped out at the end of the straight, but this might help you with a starting piont for gearing a 17.5.
Gwoodrc is offline   Reply With Quote