R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #136
Tech Regular
 
quantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
When that happened to me it was usually a motor with a faulty sensor board or a bad cable, the speedo will try to start in sensored, but struggle, then it switches to sensor less and works properly. Usually a different motor (or cable) will solve the issue.

I have also seen this happen on 4 cell with the drrs set too highly, but its very rare.
i will try another cable.
i'm running 13.5 touring...what drrs setting would you recommend?

thanks
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #137
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Well if you wanna stick to a 5.5 I would say the GT 2.0 LPF and the 5.5, part #'s

spext98802lpf
sp13855

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.5man View Post
So Adam:

First time on this thread....If I was looking for a Speed Passion ESC and motor for my 1/10 J Concepts 4WD buggy on fairly large tracks ( 130'straights) using SMC 4900 Lipo saddle packs. Which SP system or ESC and motor should I get. They must be Roar approved. I'm also looking at the Tekin RS Pro 5.5 system. If you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. If you wish you can email me at molsonindy@shaw.ca with this info.

thanks....Don
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #138
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wanganui ,New Zealand
Posts: 26
Default

Hi there, does anyone know where I can get a new sensor unit (SPSB168) for my 13.5 .I took a hit and it broke me sensor unit.Have been looking on the net but have'nt found anything.Would prefer to be able to get one from the USA (I live in New Zealand).Any help would be much appreciated , thanks.

P.S. IS it possible I can get one from Schumacher USA.
POPS01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #139
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,763
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

E-mail Adam Bailey and if they're in stock he will hook you up. He is abaileygay21 or something like that a few posts up.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #140
Tech Elite
 
MAD916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Center Seca
Posts: 3,117
Default

Anybody have one of the 8th scale ESC?? we are converting an 8th scale onroad to electric, and now our on our 3rd speedo. the first two have smoled after a couple minutes. "ESC temp went to like 140 plus and started to smoke. we rare unning the 5.5 T with 14.4v volts. finally got the last one to run for a bit but the caps on the side are still getting to 140 pkus. all other parts of the speedo are cool like 100 ,and the motor is only 110 120. the gearing is close and the car rools freely. just not sure the SP ESC is up to the advertised 14.4v with thier 4.5t motor.


we are at the lowest punch. the ESC timing all the way down to setting 2, no drag brake

the thing is insance and easily as fast as an 8th scale nitro.

Thanks.
__________________
Timezone Raceway Park " on-road outdoor european style road course.
Timezone II 60'x100' indoor carpet track. Host of the ROAR 2011 Carpet Nat's.
Timezonehobbies.com your new source for online RC products.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #141
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,491
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
E-mail Adam Bailey and if they're in stock he will hook you up. He is abaileygay21 or something like that a few posts up.
you make me laugh
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #142
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,520
Default Competition 2 motors

What type of rotor does it come with? Sintered or bonded? I m interested in that 3.5t and want to know the kv rating or watt rating of it.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #143
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
E-mail Adam Bailey and if they're in stock he will hook you up. He is abaileygay21 or something like that a few posts up.

Give me a call or email
Quote:
Originally Posted by POPS01 View Post
Hi there, does anyone know where I can get a new sensor unit (SPSB168) for my 13.5 .I took a hit and it broke me sensor unit.Have been looking on the net but have'nt found anything.Would prefer to be able to get one from the USA (I live in New Zealand).Any help would be much appreciated , thanks.

P.S. IS it possible I can get one from Schumacher USA.
Speed Passion has not and will not ever use a bonded rotor, I don't even know of ANY companies using them any more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
What type of rotor does it come with? Sintered or bonded? I m interested in that 3.5t and want to know the kv rating or watt rating of it.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #144
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,150
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Give Shawn a call on Tuesday at the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
Anybody have one of the 8th scale ESC?? we are converting an 8th scale onroad to electric, and now our on our 3rd speedo. the first two have smoled after a couple minutes. "ESC temp went to like 140 plus and started to smoke. we rare unning the 5.5 T with 14.4v volts. finally got the last one to run for a bit but the caps on the side are still getting to 140 pkus. all other parts of the speedo are cool like 100 ,and the motor is only 110 120. the gearing is close and the car rools freely. just not sure the SP ESC is up to the advertised 14.4v with thier 4.5t motor.


we are at the lowest punch. the ESC timing all the way down to setting 2, no drag brake

the thing is insance and easily as fast as an 8th scale nitro.

Thanks.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #145
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 17
Default

Just got myself a speed passion LPF v2 and 10.5 this week and ran it for the first time today. Having an issue with it stalling under heavy acceleration. Tried all sorts of gearing and settings on the ESC and still having issues. Unplugged the sensor plug at home and running it around the kitchen its a bit better.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Keiran
__________________
TC5
www.keiransmart.co.uk
Keiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #146
MTX
Tech Addict
 
MTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 675
Default

Can anyone give me some suggestions. Thx

I just installed new ESC (SP GT2 Pro carbon edition) on T2009 xray. I intended to use LRP brushless motor (3.5 turn with 13mm sintered). and running Lipo 7.4v 5000nimh 30c.

My questions.
1. what is the best FDR (ratio) should I run?
2. What is the max temp of my motor and esc should I run for safety?
3. Can i measure torque using SP brushless analysis tool
MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #147
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

...Shawn Palmer, it was nice to get a chance to meet and talk to you this past weekend.

Thank you for coming ALL the WAY to the West Coast in Support of NIC and the ISC Insane Speed Run @ the SWTour Allstar Shootout.

Joe Myers
__________________
Joe Myers
R/C Racing since 1985 ~ Santa Maria, CA (Central Coast)
2001-2012 - South-West Tour R/C Oval Series - R.I.P.
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #148
Tech Adept
 
xraysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: blissfield,mi
Posts: 146
Default

with the SP GT2 Pro carbon edition do you have to turn the temp cut off option off when running a 3.5 or 4.5 and i also would like to know a good starting point for 3.5 and 4.5 fdr. thanks
__________________
lazer speedway everything else is a parking lot
xraysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #149
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraysteve View Post
with the SP GT2 Pro carbon edition do you have to turn the temp cut off option off when running a 3.5 or 4.5 and i also would like to know a good starting point for 3.5 and 4.5 fdr. thanks
Dont need to turn off the temp cut off with the GT2.0. For the 3.5 and the 4.5 I would start with DRRS #4-#5 and with about #3 for timing ( 7.5 degrees) FDR for the 4.5 around 8.5 to 8.75 depending on track and for the 3.5 between 9.75 to 10.25 also depending on the track.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #150
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTX View Post
Can anyone give me some suggestions. Thx

I just installed new ESC (SP GT2 Pro carbon edition) on T2009 xray. I intended to use LRP brushless motor (3.5 turn with 13mm sintered). and running Lipo 7.4v 5000nimh 30c.

My questions.
1. what is the best FDR (ratio) should I run?
2. What is the max temp of my motor and esc should I run for safety?
3. Can i measure torque using SP brushless analysis tool
FDR around 9.75 to 10.25 depending on the track.
Motor temps I would keep them under 165
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Passion GT Competition Brushless ESC v2.0 Low Profile, LPF pink_sleeve Electric On-Road 13 07-08-2009 10:17 AM


Tags
gt2, lack of help, overpriced, poor customer service, reventon, reventon pro, speed passion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0