Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up travel vs droop gauges??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Never tried to cross the 2 methods before and after trying it a couple of times, you are correct, it can't be done, or least not by this simpleton.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Never tried to cross the 2 methods before and after trying it a couple of times, you are correct, it can't be done, or least not by this simpleton.
Well, at least now we know Groskamp knows what he's talking about (I got that info from his thread)...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I run rubber tires. I initially set the uptravel to what I want. Then I use the droop guage to measure what that uptravel equates to (and make sure each side is equal). Then I adjust based on the guages from there. The guages just seem more precise to me.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Or8ital thats they way I have been doing it to, and yes it is far more accurate. I just thought there may be some mathimatical way of converting one result over to the other, you know, just one of those, what if moments. Now there still may be, but its beyond me, I see no pattern between the 2, so I give up.

Kind of like looking at a setup sheet and seeing a post of 5mm ride height and a droop setting of 3mm, does not mean 2mm of up travel. This is where I was hoping to figure out some kind of formula to determine the actual up travel, but, alas, I have failed.